Small World ride, but re-done horror themed.............

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Here is just a quick idea. No, they shouldn't do this but what the heck, it's all fun. I don't suggest they do this for Halloween either. Small World is a classic ride and in my mind perfect the way it is.

But let's say you did a ride with a similar format (dolls singing in unison in a happy environment). The ride starts out innocent. Then there is a bit of a detour (similar to Jurassic River Adventure taking a detour) into a darker area. You see things like the dolls malfunctioning, things look a little uneasy.

The next scene you float into something is definitely amiss. The dolls are acting similar to the Pirates but it isn't humourous. They are terrorizing each other and the music is eerie. Then the dolls see you. They all turn their heads towards you. The lights go dark, pitch black. You float for a little bit and hear noises in the background, uncomfortable noises and then in the final scene you are in really tight quarters with the evil dolls and the lights come on only to have them confront you. I'm not sure how it ends, maybe you take a drop (a la Splash Mountain) and you are safe.

Anyway, just a neat idea. Not hoping this happens and I know this would never fit in a Disney park, but what do you think? Would you go on a ride like this if it existed?

(By the way, Small World is one of my favourites of all-time at Disney, it was my first ride in 1991, I treasure it, this is just for fun)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'm still waiting for Disney to release a "Kingdom Keepers" film series so I can see this section of the books happen..

"The Keepers were originally on the ride to look for the sun clue in the Stonecutter's Quill. Boarding, the ride starts up by itself. The Lights weren't on, though. Willa was the first to notice a doll move.The dolls broke loose without the DHIs seeing. A chill arised. Suddenly, the dolls started to attack. The kids paddled as hard as they could. Then, the dolls bit them. Finn realized smiling would stop them. The clue was on the Mayan sun."

OSUgirl77

I am not easily scared by anything - except evil dolls and clowns. I absolutely would not go on that ride. I would rather go on a ride inspired by the Exorcist than ride something filled by evil dolls.

Cmdr_Crimson

Five Nights At Mickey's.....
tumblr_inline_naivtd73e41qcpapl.jpg

Chevross

I'd ride it. I also have an ending for it. Kind of like how novel games go, have a 'good end' and a 'bad end.' The 'good end' is that the boat ride takes you through a path that reveals it was all a cliche dream. Que musical onset and mystical happy surroundings. The 'bad end' has a drop into the mouth of a giant shark-toothed doll. Somewhere in the ride, have a point where the audience gets to vote on 'escaping' or 'waking up.' The vote determines whether the ride takes the 'good end' route or the 'bad end' route. Majority rules and interactive.

Of course, this would be rather dark for a Disney attraction nowadays, but a fun brainstorming and idea discussion nonetheless.

JohnD

The horror theme isn't so much the ride itself, it's getting stuck on it with the children continuing to sing and Sing and SIng and SING!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Because that song, over and over and over again, isn't punishment enough? Sounds like Stephen King meets IASW...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom