Star Wars Rebels Cartoon

Matt_Black

I think it will be at least Clone Wars level in quality.

What I am intrigued about most is the point in the time line in which the story is based.

I think I heard something like 5 years after Revenge of the Sith. Not positive, but it can't be too long after, as the hologram of Obi-Wan looks more like Ewan than Sir Alec.

lebeau

I am excited about this. My 9 year old started getting into Star Wars after we returned from Star Wars weekend this year. She's partial to the bad guys. But she doesn't have the patience to sit through the movies and I didn't feel like starting at the beginning of The Clone Wars. I'm looking forward to getting in at the ground floor with this show. Hopefully, she'll like it.

lebeau

I think I heard something like 5 years after Revenge of the Sith. Not positive, but it can't be too long after, as the hologram of Obi-Wan looks more like Ewan than Sir Alec.

Man, Obi Wan aged really badly, didn't he? I guess living in the desert and losing everything and everyone you knew will do that to you.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm so excited for this show! I think it will be great. I really enjoyed The Clone Wars so I'm expecting this to be good as well.

I thought you guys might be interested in our latest giveaway. This week we're giving away a free copy of Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide. It's a great way to brush up on you SW knowledge before the show airs in two weeks!
http://mickeymindset.blogspot.ca/2014/09/giveaway-star-wars-rebels-visual-guide.html

I loved Clone Wars and am hoping Rebels is as good, but from the clips I have seen I am still not sold yet.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Has anyone else seen the pilot episode yet? As I have mentioned in other posts I wasn't totally sold on Rebels from the previews that have been released, but after watching the full episode I am much more encouraged. They have a great set of characters with some great story potential, I think it could be as good as Clone Wars. I like that the new series is making much greater use of the John Williams music and seeing the costume and ship designs from the original movies makes it feel a lot more like Star Wars.

R W B

So I assume bringing this back to a cartoon level will some how have something to do with WDW putting a StarWars land in DHS? Could be reaching here but if this cartoon fails Disney might think this generation of young boys/girls just aren't that into it anymore.

Sorry if someone else posted this.

FoozieBear

So I assume bringing this back to a cartoon level will some how have something to do with WDW putting a StarWars land in DHS? Could be reaching here but if this cartoon fails Disney might think this generation of young boys/girls just aren't that into it anymore.

Sorry if someone else posted this.

If it has anything to do with anything, it will have no effect on any so called Star Wars land.
Plus, even if it doesn't work out, Star Wars has been around since the late 70's and still makes truckloads of money. Trust me, Disney will not think that kids aren't interested .

R W B

If it has anything to do with anything, it will have no effect on any so called Star Wars land.
Plus, even if it doesn't work out, Star Wars has been around since the late 70's and still makes truckloads of money. Trust me, Disney will not think that kids aren't interested .
That's kind of my point though, it has been around since the 70s and its still a huge hit with adults that grew up with it but I question if our newest generation will feel the same way long term and like I said, could be reaching here but this cartoon could help show that.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That's kind of my point though, it has been around since the 70s and its still a huge hit with adults that grew up with it but I question if our newest generation will feel the same way long term and like I said, could be reaching here but this cartoon could help show that.

The Clone Wars animated series ran for 5 complete seasons and was well received among younger fans so it has already been proven that there is interest there.

Matt_Black

Yeah, there was a Cracked.com article a few months back looking at the differences between Star Trek and Star Wars. The former has to keep readjusting itself every few years to keep up with changing technology and social mores. The latter is timeless.

Matt_Black

Certainly, the fan reception to the trailers and promotional materials has been very positive. Fan art and cosplay pictures have been circulating for a few weeks now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom