Pre-Trip It Started as a Relaxing Trip to the Food and Wine Festival….

Hello all!!!

Well as the title implies, this was going to be a nice relaxing trip to enjoy the Food and Wine Festival. It is also going to be the last family vacation for my mom, sister, and I, at least just the three of us. Well the relaxation ended once the trip was booked and had to book our ADR's and then at the 60 day mark our FastPass+ selections, on top of that we had to book our events during the Food and Wine that we wanted to try. I know that its probably not possible anymore with all the people that visit but I so like the old way before FastPass. I remember when you would just pick the left queue and not have to wait and when you could get a table at a restaurant the day you were at a park. This is our first time back to Disney since 2001 when I was an Advanced Intern at the Animal Kingdom. I booked our FastPass+ stuff on the stuff that is new since we were last there.

When: October 23rd to the 30th

Where: Animal Kingdom Lodge- Club Level

Who: Me, the biggest Disney fan in the family. My mom, she is also a fan of Disney, I think more because of the memories we have from when she would take my sister and I when we were growing up. Last but not least, my sister. She likes Disney and only requested that we go to 50's Prime Time Cafe, she loves that place!!!

Well We fly out bright and early from Boston and get into Orlando around 9 in the morning on the 23rd. We originally booked this flight because my sister was living in Boston and we were going to stay with her the night before because I am in Vermont and mom lives in Vermont also. Well, my sister ended up moving to NH but the flight was non refundable so we kept them.

This is our first time to the World at this time of the year, I am really looking forward to the Halloween decorations and more importantly, the Food and Wine Festival!!! We had been doing a ton of research on the festival and pretty much have all the foods that we want to try. We also booked a number of extra events, kinda went over board but its vacation so I guess its okay, right?!

* Denotes a new restaurant for us
Arrival day the 23rd: Japan Food and Wine lunch and dinner at Jiko*

24th: Mexico Tequila Lunch and dinner at BOG*

25th: Parisian Breakfast at Chefs de France and a late lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe (for my sister, HA!)

26th: Sunrise Safari and dinner at Biergarten*

27th: Dinner at Narcoossee's*

28th: This day we have booked MNSSHP and the Villians Soiree

29th: Dinner at HDD*

30th: Nothing planned and we fly out that night.

For MNSSHP we are dressing as Mickey Mouse Club members, at least that is the plan now. My idea of being ghost busters was shot down and my sisters idea of being Lost Boys was shot down. This trip can't come soon enough as far as I am concerned.

TXDisney

Sounds like it's gonna be an awesome trip. Make sure you leave time to just walk around the food and wine festival and try stuff. The booths open roughly around 11am. If you can try not to eat before then and go country to country and try foods rather then reservations a day at a restaurant. We were there last week and did this and it's actually cheaper and you try more stuff. Very filling though.

mrdrift

Sounds like some wonderful plans. All the new dinning choices are really great. I think the ghost busters costume would be awesome, have a great time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom