Terminated.....possibly(most likely)

Sophia Grace

Original Poster
Hey everyone,

So it's only my first week at in the DCP and I have already been late once during operations and once during training. I'm pretty sure they're about to term me. But I tried to plead with them because the second day I got here, I got sick. I'm from CA and I'm not use to the weather and the time zone difference. I really hope they give me another chance. Even if they just recast me to custodial or something else, I would be happy. I was just wondering if this ever happened to anyone else. Should I have hope or should I pack up and get ready to leave. I'm just sitting here waiting for them to call me and give me a verdict.

FettFan

I hope all goes well. If they do keep you on, go buy another alarm clock then you don't oversleep again

An Arnold Schwarzenegger alarm clock.
Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Saying-Come-With-Me-If-You-Want-to-Live-Terminator-2.gif

dreynolds1982

I did the CP back in 2002. When I first started, I got sick as well (they called it the Florida Flu), and I'm from South Carolina so I'm used to the warm weather. Still, the intense humidity and tropical climate can definitely be a shock to a lot of people when they first move there.

I'd be surprised if they sent you packing after being late twice. You did actually come in, you were just late? How late were you? Even if they don't send you home though, I'd expect you will be on thin ice the rest of your time, so you will have to stay on track. It is an amazing experience (still consider it one of the best times of my life and one of the more beneficial things I did for my personal and professional growth) so if I were you I'd do whatever I can to stay on!

bingie

I doubt it. Two clocking infractions in a month (0.5 points each) does not equal termination.

Some points from the DCP booklet (page 49)

3 points in any 30 days = reprimand
6 points in any 90 days = reprimand
9 points in any 180 days = reprimand
12 points in any 365 days = reprimand

*A tardiness of more than two (2) hours will count
as one (1) point. A tardiness of two (2) hours or
less will count as one-half (1/2) point.

Attendance and clocking discipline progression states three
reprimands prior to termination. Termination should occur when
the fourth reprimand is due.

bingie

Yeah, I wouldn't equate a transfer to custodial to a termination. There are many outstanding cast members in the custodial role, and wouldn't appreciate that. They arguably have one of the toughest (and dirtiest) jobs in the parks. People do apply for this role - it's not assigned as a disciplinary action...

EvanAnderson

Don't worry about it. From the sound of it, you have 1 point. If you were late less than 2 hours from your start time, it's half a point, 2 hours or over its a full point.

IowaHawks7

You'll be perfectly okay. I completed a CP in the Spring of this year. Being late as long as its not over 2 hours late is only a half of a point. Unless you just dont show up to work at all your first week you should be okay.

CaptainShortty

Hey everyone,

So it's only my first week at in the DCP and I have already been late once during operations and once during training. I'm pretty sure they're about to term me. But I tried to plead with them because the second day I got here, I got sick. I'm from CA and I'm not use to the weather and the time zone difference. I really hope they give me another chance. Even if they just recast me to custodial or something else, I would be happy. I was just wondering if this ever happened to anyone else. Should I have hope or should I pack up and get ready to leave. I'm just sitting here waiting for them to call me and give me a verdict.

First off, as others have said, if you were late under 2 hours both of those times than so far you're only at 1 point which isn't even close to termination. Even if you were late over 2 hours twice you're at a point which means you're skating on thin ice for a reprimand and should tread lightly.

Secondly, as a former CP, head Campus Rep, Professional Intern, Management Intern and current Cast member let me give you some advice...stop moping around and get your act together and quickly. I would imagine you certainly didn't make a good first impression with your leadership team and you have a very small amount of time to turn it around. If you want to work for WDW after your program, leadership support is incredibly important. Plus, you're still on probation so they do have the ability to send you home if they want to. You don't need to be on here wondering if you're going to get termed. It's time to buck up and show them what you've got to turn around your image. Show up early, do what you're told, smile a lot, make a whole lot of magic. It's time to show them that you've got the makings of a fabulous CM in you and the beginning was just a fluke. The college program is some of the hardest work you'll ever do, especially as the holidays approach. Yes, you're going to have an amazing time but it's no vacation. It's a tough job and not everyone's cut out for it. The CP figures out who is really fast.

I truly wish you the best of luck. The CP changed my life and was easily the best and most memorable thing I ever did for myself. I hope it is for you too.

And one more thing...Custodial CMs are some of the hardest working, nicest people at WDW. It's not seen as a punishment around here. One team, one dream...respect all the CMs around you, regardless of their role, you never know when they're the person you're going to need help from the most.

Andrew Dahl

Hi,

My name is Andrew.

I live in Langley, B.C. Canada.

I am 52, though I look like I am in my early 40's.

I would like to know if WDW hires people from Canada?

My girlfriend would like to join me as well, that is if they hire us both there.

If you have the employment leads that we are both looking for then please write to me.

I have well over 10 years of promotional marketing experience within Canada.

So, I do hope that there's a chance in me being hired there at WDW and for the DCP as well?

If you could help me in any way in order to get hired for both WDW and the DCP as well, then please write me at:

dahlandrew@hotmail.com

Thank you so much,

Andrew and Brenda.

When you wish upon a star.....,

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom