AVATAR land construction progress

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I told @Tom to fly a drone over the area during his most recent trip but all he did was whine about not wanting to be banned for life.

I think I saw a place were someone could get some pictures if they wanted to. Didn't involve going back stage, but the CM's probably still wouldn't like it.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
I think I saw a place were someone could get some pictures if they wanted to. Didn't involve going back stage, but the CM's probably still wouldn't like it.
I'm stunned that no one has been able to get aerial shots of the site in months and months.

matt9112

I'm sure we will get some great photos at some point....and let's be honest what we would likely see would be minimal....and as much as I know some of us love to stare at dirt and foundations....it can't be too much back there.

YodaMan

There is literally nothing to see. It's still all dirt with *maybe* foundation work going on. There are still trailers/offices back there that are being demo'd. Pictures would not be of any interest for at least a while still.

twebber55

There is literally nothing to see. It's still all dirt with *maybe* foundation work going on. There are still trailers/offices back there that are being demo'd. Pictures would not be of any interest for at least a while still.
foundation pouring has been going on for about 5 or 6 weeks..and I have no idea how long it takes for this scale of a project

danlb_2000

Premium Member

We have already seen pictures of the area from earlier this year, and they were very interesting. Aerial pictures now would be equally interesting. The people on these boards who like this sort of thing could probably get jobs analyzing spy satellite images. :)

YodaMan

We have already seen pictures of the area from earlier this year, and they were very interesting. Aerial pictures now would be equally interesting. The people on these boards who like this sort of thing could probably get jobs analyzing spy satellite images. :)

Totally fair. Hopefully my post hadn't come across as rude; just wanted to point out that there wasn't anything super-awesome-secret going on that aerial photos would help uncover.

But I just read through some of the older posts and saw the ones about the potential path between Africa and Pandora. I have no idea if that is or is not part of the plan, but for what it's worth, the "trailers being demo'd" that I mentioned are the ones that you can see at the very north of the construction site. They're tearing down all the way up to the tree line that you see. Not sure if they just need more room or actually plan to connect Africa and Pandora, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Totally fair. Hopefully my post hadn't come across as rude; just wanted to point out that there wasn't anything super-awesome-secret going on that aerial photos would help uncover.

But I just read through some of the older posts and saw the ones about the potential path between Africa and Pandora. I have no idea if that is or is not part of the plan, but for what it's worth, the "trailers being demo'd" that I mentioned are the ones that you can see at the very north of the construction site. They're tearing down all the way up to the tree line that you see. Not sure if they just need more room or actually plan to connect Africa and Pandora, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

It seems likely they are going to connect to two lands. There is a path leading south from the new Harambe area that currently ends in a construction wall, this will likely link to Avatar in the future.

mm121

I told @Tom to fly a drone over the area during his most recent trip but all he did was whine about not wanting to be banned for life.

I was wondering about that, flying a drone over.

Most areas you probably couldn't do it since its not like you can take a drone through the front gates.

At AK depending what kind of drone you have, the only way to do it would probably be to launch from the parking lot, with your get away planned.

Just dont get the cops or homeland security called, that would be bad bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom