Should we have an official HHN24 thread to share the news?

ryan1

How have the crowds been after opening night? Most of the customer reviews online have said that Express Passes are a must but I'm wondering if the high crowd level was due to opening night/weekend. We are strongly considering getting EP for the first time in 14 years.

The blog reviews have been strong but it seems like the scare zones aren't up to the past levels. I'm not concerned really because ANY scare zone is better than nothing, well the Walking Dead scare zones were terrible and were basically nothing unless you got lucky and ran into the random scattered scarers walking around (we saw only ran into one group that year).

mergatroid

Original Poster
How have the crowds been after opening night? Most of the customer reviews online have said that Express Passes are a must but I'm wondering if the high crowd level was due to opening night/weekend. We are strongly considering getting EP for the first time in 14 years.

The blog reviews have been strong but it seems like the scare zones aren't up to the past levels. I'm not concerned really because ANY scare zone is better than nothing, well the Walking Dead scare zones were terrible and were basically nothing unless you got lucky and ran into the random scattered scarers walking around (we saw only ran into one group that year).

It's our first visit so we can't really compare to previous, however we enjoyed the scare zones. They're obviously not as surprising as the houses as you can see more of what's coming but we thought the detail and effort was fun. Mrs Mergatroid wanted to take photos of the scare zone characters and I was pleasantly surprised how willing they were to pose for pictures for us.

The Purge was probably the most interactive of the zones and covered the largest area. There was quite a surreal moment in that scare zone for me too. I have dystonia and sometimes if I'm walking a lot it creates cramp in my leg. Anyhow I had a cramp attack and ended up sitting on the floor with my foot on the wall squeezing my leg trying to get rid of that terrible pain we all know that comes with cramp. This young lady in a scarey mask and carrying a bloody cleaver comes over and says very softly "Are you alright sir, can I get you assistance". After explaining I was fine and thanking her she waved her cleaver towards me and skipped off :D.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom