Blue Lagoon Island dolphin encounter vs Atlntis Dolphin Cay shallow water interaction & Discover Atl

bow0303

Original Poster
What is the major diffence between these two adventures? The Blue Lagoon adventure appears to be roughly $200 cheaper but you don't have the discover Atlantis portion. We have already discovered Atlantis and didn't feel the need to rediscover :) Is the dolphin cay interaction a better experience than the blue lagoon in your experience or are the pretty much the same and the additional cost is being able to do the self guided tour of "The Dig"? Thanks in advance for your help.

tink66

I have not experienced Atlantis dolphin experience but we did the Blue lagoon and it was great!! The island is really beautiful.

PolynesianPrincess

We did Blue Lagoon and it was really great! Unfortunately it rained the day we were there after we got done with our dolphin swim so we didn't get to hang out on the beach or play around the inflatable stuff they had out in the water :( But the swim itself was really awesome. I also think lunch is included in the price? Again, since it was raining we left at about 1:30 and ate lunch on the ship.
I talk about it in my trip report in my signature if you want to read about it. It starts on page 6. We did the swim though and not the encounter so ours includes the foot push across the pool and I think the encounter does not (but I could be wrong)

stillgoofy

We did the Sea Lion Encounter in Blue Lagoon instead of dolphin and it was great. The dolphins were right next to our area and it looked like those folks were really enjoying it too. The Blue Lagoon island is very pretty and nice to be able to enjoy the beach too. Boat trip over was very nice too. I would recommend Blue Lagoon but I can't speak specifically to the dolphin encounter portion.

sring

I did the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter in February but have not done the Atlantis encounter so I can't compare. As mentioned generally you are given use of Blue Lagoon beach after the encounter, however on the day I went the beach was closed for a separately ticketed concert. We were given a box lunch as a substitute, it was ok, nothing to write home about though. Not really a substitute for a beach day.

If you want to see what the encounter is like, I have a video on YouTube . They also have a dolphin swim but I did not do that one either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom