For Those of You that Check for FP+ Availability...

DisneyGirl3820

Original Poster
Do you have selections already or are you starting fresh every time you look? I have 3 rides booked for a night at MK. I want to check to see if 7DMT has availability if, by miracle, something opens up. Should I erase the rides I already booked because what if the 7DMT is available at the times the other rides were booked for? I apologize if I didn't explain this clearly. Thx.

DisneyGirl3820

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the tips. I'm afraid to lose the one pick I want so I'm going to juggle the other two as suggested. Thank you!

Rob562

Thanks so much for the tips. I'm afraid to lose the one pick I want so I'm going to juggle the other two as suggested. Thank you!

Unless you go in and actually cancel them, you can go in and try and change/update any existing FP+ and the old ones won't be affected until you get the confirmation screen that you want to make the changes. So feel free to play around as necessary.

The way I handled Mine Train is that I was able to grab a FP+ but not until into the evening. I kept my Space Mountain first thing for when we plan to get to the park, I moved Peter Pan until later than Mine Train is now, which leaves me a large open stretch from mid-morning through early evening to try and move Mine Train earlier.

Worst case scenarios is that we either leave the late FP+ which limits our ability to get additional FP+ that day, or we cancel the late Mine Train and do Standby either during the day or during evening EMH.

-Rob

DVCPluto

I have a lunch ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern at 11:30. When I look for a new time for my Splash FP+, they continue to offer me an 11:45-12:45 time frame.

That is awesome! When we went in Jan, there was a 2 hr block of time after every ADR that we could not get a FP+ for. It made me really wonder how people who do the deluxe dining plan were getting any FP+s.

It just seemed really ridiculous to block out such a huge chunk of time, especially since the FP+ window is an hour long. Even if I had a 1:00 ADR, we could easily make a 2:30-3:30 FP - or we would miss it. But, that should really be up to the user, IMO.

I have an ADR that I might drop, so I was concerned that could impact our day for no reason. Glad to hear that the window seems to be less or gone. Hope it's not a glitch in the system!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
That is awesome! When we went in Jan, there was a 2 hr block of time after every ADR that we could not get a FP+ for. It made me really wonder how people who do the deluxe dining plan were getting any FP+s.

It just seemed really ridiculous to block out such a huge chunk of time, especially since the FP+ window is an hour long. Even if I had a 1:00 ADR, we could easily make a 2:30-3:30 FP - or we would miss it. But, that should really be up to the user, IMO.

I have an ADR that I might drop, so I was concerned that could impact our day for no reason. Glad to hear that the window seems to be less or gone. Hope it's not a glitch in the system!
We did not have that problem in mid December. We had some FPs right before , during , and right after several of our dining ressies. That's odd you couldn't because of dining ressies. They are 2 totally different systems.

DVCPluto

We did not have that problem in mid December. We had some FPs right before , during , and right after several of our dining ressies. That's odd you couldn't because of dining ressies. They are 2 totally different systems.

Not sure why either, but that's how it was. It frustrated the crap out of me, so I know it was true of my account. Jan was a big testing month as legacy was closing like crazy. Maybe they were trying something out.

I'm just glad it's not the case anymore.

Rob562

Not sure why either, but that's how it was. It frustrated the crap out of me, so I know it was true of my account. Jan was a big testing month as legacy was closing like crazy. Maybe they were trying something out.

As far as I know, the system doesn't *force* you into not scheduling FP+ near dining times, but it does still take ADR's into account when offering you the *automated* grouping when you're first selecting FP+.

They do it to keep first-time/clueless Guests from scheduling a FP+ at the same time they have an ADR for dinner at a place that'll take 90 minutes to eat at, or for 15 minutes before their meal at Yak & Yeti, not knowing that the Safari is 20+ minutes long and it takes 10 minutes to walk from the safari to Y&Y, and then have a ticked-off Guest because they're late for their ADR or going to miss their FP+.

Now, once you have your FP+ you *can* go in and manually change them to overlap ADR's. I have one or two that overlap slightly. They show up in my Itinerary with a "Time Overlap" notation between the two listings.

It's the same as them not automatically offering a 9a-10a Space Mountain followed immediately by a 10a-11a Big Thunder FP+. The system takes ride length and walking distance between attractions into account when offering the automated options. Doesn't mean you can't go in and change your FP+ to be Space followed immediately by Big Thunder, but it's not going to offer it to you initially.

-Rob

DVCPluto

Thanks @Rob562 for clarifying! I must have assumed I could not make FP during those windows. Live and learn - in Jan, Legacy FP was still around, but scarce, crowds were low, and temps were cold. We didn't really need FP+ as much as I assume we will need it for Dec. Glad I can go in and tweak as I need to.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)

Yes im guessing it was some glitch while still testing stuff. I'm glAd too that it was not a permanant issue! Lol :)

Gomer

Thanks @Rob562 for clarifying! I must have assumed I could not make FP during those windows. Live and learn - in Jan, Legacy FP was still around, but scarce, crowds were low, and temps were cold. We didn't really need FP+ as much as I assume we will need it for Dec. Glad I can go in and tweak as I need to.
It’s not just you. I was there in January as well and had a similar problem. Had an 11:30 reservation at Sci-Fi and wanted to do GMR after, but the system wouldn’t allow me to change the time to anything earlier than 2:00. I needed to get my kids back to the hotel for their mid-day break so we ended up just doing standby which was about 30 minutes as opposed to sitting around waiting for another hour.

Glad to hear that’s not the case anymore. Some restaurants can take that long, but some you can be in and out in 45 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom