College Program in Quick Food Service

ImagineAtl23

Original Poster
So my sister was accepted into the Disney College Program, and was offered a role in quick food service. I imagine she will be working at one of the counter food locations in a park or hotel. She was hesitant about being in food service at first, but since then, she has decided to do the college program anyway, and just enjoy her time working and enjoying in Disney World.

She will actually be attending an audition with Disney, I believe she would be up for minor (background) dancing in parades and what not. I know she would LOVE to dance, but she will still do the college program in food service if not offered a performance role.

Question: Past CP'ers who have worked in fast food service roles, how did you find it? Was it grueling? Boring? Fun just because you serve food under the shadow of the castle? etc etc?

Any input is welcomed, I just wanted to ask around to get a feel for what she can expect if she isn't selected in the dance audition.

I was offerred a position in the CP in attractions, but turned it down to complete my degree faster.....MISTAKE. But oh well, I can visit and live vicariously through her. HA!

Thanks guys/gals.

kp12345

For my CP I was Quick Service. Depending on where she is, its not that bad, I was in Epcot and it wasnt bad at all. I mean the work wasnt ideal but the people at my location were absolutely amazing and it made it worth it. Hours arent bad either, unless you are at Magic, the latest I got out of work was 10:30 the latest. If she works at animal she will be out by 8 the latest. Like I said its not that bad, the work is eh but if she is at a good location with great people like I was she will have an amazing time. Its what you make of it. Also quick service pays more than most roles. Hope this helped

IowaHawks7

I worked in QSFB during my CP and i loved it. I worked at HS and my location was only open from 11-530 each day so i had time after work for homework and friends. Sometimes it does get grueling but as long as she likes her coworkers and leaders then she should like it depending on her location and hours. It was not my first choice either but came to love it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom