First ride!

Txrayado

Original Poster
My wife and I are taking our little one to the world in 67 days!!! So in our planning we are having a heated debate btw me, DW, DMI, and DFI on what her first ride should be. We are heading to the magic kingdom our first day so what's y'all's ideas?

I was thinking POTC bc it was my wife and i's first ride after I proposed and since then it's been our first every time we go to MK

stevehousse

For a little girl, I would choose either small world, Peter Pans Flight, or Dumbo! That age right before they turn 3 and being at Disney is the best! My son was that age last fall for our trip and he was just adorable soaking everything in, loving the rides, running up to characters for hugs, etc. a very memorable trip, and he remembers a lot of stuff still from it!

Since this is your first visit ever, I would suggest going on YouTube and getting her aquainted with rides and characters and get a feel for what she likes and doesn't like, almost letting her choose which ride will be her first.

Last edited:

Txrayado

Original Poster
We have been watching all sorts of videos and listening to the music in the car.

I think if I let her decide we would end up on Star Tours or Mickey Mouse (must do) She loves R2 and Vader. She might be tall enough by Dec (only an inch to go) but that's a definite see how she does on all the other rides.

stevehousse

We have been watching all sorts of videos and listening to the music in the car.

I think if I let her decide we would end up on Star Tours or Mickey Mouse (must do) She loves R2 and Vader. She might be tall enough by Dec (only an inch to go) but that's a definite see how she does on all the other rides.
Is that an inch till 40" with or without shoes on? Most shoes do add that extra inch for the kids!

Txrayado

Original Poster
Is that an inch till 40" with or without shoes on? Most shoes do add that extra inch for the kids!

Without shoes! With shoes we only need half an inch! So this trip will be a fun one...

Has anyone taken a 3 yr old on star tours and was it Epic or an epic fail

stevehousse

Without shoes! With shoes we only need half an inch! So this trip will be a fun one...

Has anyone taken a 3 yr old on star tours and was it Epic or an epic fail
My son loved star tours and big thunder mountain at that age. He did not like splash mountain though...

Figaro928

What time are you planning on getting to the park on your first day - last visit(my kid's first) we started with the MK stage show. It was a GREAT way to start!

HouCuseChickie

I had this same debate about my girls' first visit. They were ages 2 and 4 on their first WDW trip. Dumbo wound up being the hands down winner. It was nice having cameras going in multiple Dumbo's from different people in our party so we could get the girls' reactions at various vantage points on the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom