Annual Pass Question...

Hey all, I have a question about annual passes. I'm looking into getting a regular annual pass for just the four parks. I'm planning a few solo trips for myself, but I'm going on a week long trip next summer with family. Can I use my annual pass as my ticket and stay in the same room with my family who will all have regular park tickets? Even if I book room only and buy the tickets separately? Thanks!

ToTBellHop

Hey all, I have a question about annual passes. I'm looking into getting a regular annual pass for just the four parks. I'm planning a few solo trips for myself, but I'm going on a week long trip next summer with family. Can I use my annual pass as my ticket and stay in the same room with my family who will all have regular park tickets? Even if I book room only and buy the tickets separately? Thanks!
Book the room with your AP discount (room only), list all your family members as also being in the room, and then have your family members buy their tix separately and link them into MyDisneyExperience.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Book the room with your AP discount (room only), list all your family members as also being in the room, and then have your family members buy their tix separately and link them into MyDisneyExperience.
Only bad thing about that AP discounts usually come out about a month after the public discounts and sometimes the public discount is better( this was my case for Nov this year I added on days to my DVC stay and have an AP the public discount was better than the AP in the same room).
Also If you wait to book until the deals come out public first/AP about a month after it will only be about 3-4 months before the trip. Best bet book a room at regular rate ASAP then wait to see what kind of discounts come later and then figure out what to do then. This way you can make dining and FP+ right when available for all in your travel party for the whole stay. 180+10 for dining and 60 days for FP+ because you will all be staying on property. :)

Upvote 0

FrostyNaples

Only bad thing about that AP discounts usually come out about a month after the public discounts and sometimes the public discount is better( this was my case for Nov this year I added on days to my DVC stay and have an AP the public discount was better than the AP in the same room).
Also If you wait to book until the deals come out public first/AP about a month after it will only be about 3-4 months before the trip. Best bet book a room at regular rate ASAP then wait to see what kind of discounts come later and then figure out what to do then. This way you can make dining and FP+ right when available for all in your travel party for the whole stay. 180+10 for dining and 60 days for FP+ because you will all be staying on property. :)

You can always call and have the promotion changed.

We booked for Nov under general promotion, then when AP's promo came out, it was slightly cheaper. Called customer support, and they updated the package and reduced the total due.

Upvote 0

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
One thing to remember, if you are staying onsite and planning to take advantage of a free dining promotion all guests must have the same ticket type. In the past they forced us to purchase a minimum of two-day tickets for each guest, when we arrived we then applied the cost of the PH tickets to our AP renewal.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
You can always call and have the promotion changed.

We booked for Nov under general promotion, then when AP's promo came out, it was slightly cheaper. Called customer support, and they updated the package and reduced the total due.
Thank you! I meant to clarify that. Lol Yes I have called many times to apply a promo after I booked general but the bad side is there were not always available on my room type or the general discount was better than AP. I ALWAYS call to check though! I'm all about saving where I can! Lol :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom