Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarWarsGirl

It's also National Elephant Appreciation Day.
Already covered. :)
It's also Elephant Appreciation Day

10646721_10152254687211852_514416888002790546_n.jpg

tanzania_elephants3.jpg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Help! I can no longer upload an existing pic file.
Is it iOS 8?
Is it a wdwmagic change?
Or (and the odds are good here) - is it me?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yes you are right. We had a lovely long Christmas vacation one year and that area was quite a memory maker.
By day it was still the full Backlot tour and by night the homes were the area of the Osborne Lights that moved through the NY Street and pretty much ended outside the Steamroller area with a nativity scene near the courtyard. It was nice that there was a gentle reminder of what Christmas was really about in the middle of all the magic of WDW.

My DS was only a toddler when he went through Catastrophe Cannon and already had this enormous fear of any form of fire so it was also filled with that learning curve for parents as it was a brand new park for us too and no forums to research and the tour books just outlined what was to be attractions vaguely. Good times back there on the lot.

When we rode the Backlot Tour, 'cause we knew it would go soon Walt's plane had 'Cars' eyeballs pasted on the front of the plane. I'm not sure why I took exception with that but it did rub me the wrong way. We took one last walk through the prop room too and the after museum. Way back the Backlot also had a show to demonstrate inside a warehouse how they used illusion in filming. We have pictures of my DH riding a bike on set during the show and my DS riding the bumble bee also during the show. Pretty much any connection to the park being a Studio is gone now and I'll miss that theming.

Oh, I know! The "Cars" eyeballs plastered on the front of Walt's plane, too! :banghead: I went mental over that one, and I recall a thread (months ago) up in N&R or General, about this fiasco, and many hated it.

The only thing I don't recall from tours, even back in the 90s, was the show inside the warehouse, regarding the illusion in filming. Anyway, the earlier years of the Backlot Tour provided such a great guest experience, not to mention that it was much longer in length as well. I liked the "live" guides, too.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'll post some new Santa photos later, after I get home...today is job interview day. I had a fantastic one his morning (pretty sure the job is mine) and another this afternoon, both with well respected, huge companies...hope one of them pans out!

Fingers crossed--I think I did the quote thingie (above) right this time?! Anyway, I really hope you get a job you like. Sending you all the positive energy and pixie dust I can find, for all your interviews to be winners. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom