Would this be silly?

seahawk7

Never really cared for Starbucks...maybe it is just me but it seems over roasted or something.
I agree but at least they use beans as opposed to that stuff in the machines. And its better than Joffreys. And when I say machine, I don't mean the Kurig. I mean the machines in the foodcourts.

Last edited:

epcotisbest

Original Poster
OK, bought me a new K65 today. Will use it at home and take the little silver K10 mini with us to WDW. Coffee always tastes better in my Mickey mug.
image.jpg

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I showed this to my Mom and she says you are very smart to do this and that she wished she thought of it!
Thank you. I was hesitant about taking my own coffee maker, but now I am all for it. Even found a padded Coleman soft cooler with carrying strap to carry it in, a perfect fit. Now, come Sept. I'll be having coffee on the balcony as the sun rises!
image.jpg

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Update...brought the little Keurig mini and an assortment of kcups with us last week. Had our own coffee every morning while sitting on the Kidani balcony watching giraffe, zebra, wildebeest and more. Our own coffee just made the mornings more enjoyable.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
For those of you who are unable to bring your entire house with you, i.e., don't drive, a company called Owner's Lockers provides one of those storage bins - the kind you purchase at Target - and for an annual fee, will store it for you and deliver to your resort. So if you visit regularly and fly, this might be a good alternative to shipping items in advance or purchasing once you get there. I bring items with us, like a filtered water pitcher because the water is icky in Orlando, but we drive.

@epcotisbest - how was Kidani? We are staying there over Thanksgiving. I've heard Animal Kingdom Lodge is out in the boonies, but sometimes that can be a good thing...

epcotisbest

Original Poster
For those of you who are unable to bring your entire house with you, i.e., don't drive, a company called Owner's Lockers provides one of those storage bins - the kind you purchase at Target - and for an annual fee, will store it for you and deliver to your resort. So if you visit regularly and fly, this might be a good alternative to shipping items in advance or purchasing once you get there. I bring items with us, like a filtered water pitcher because the water is icky in Orlando, but we drive.

@epcotisbest - how was Kidani? We are staying there over Thanksgiving. I've heard Animal Kingdom Lodge is out in the boonies, but sometimes that can be a good thing...
We left Kidani Village with mixed feelings. I don't want to put a negative damper on your trip but of all the DVCs we have stayed at so far (10 and counting including Vero and HHI) Kidani is easily our least favorite. Now what you have to remember about that statement is Kidani is still great...just our least favorite now that we look back on last weeks trip. Yes, it is a long ways away from everything but AK, but we drove, so no biggie and we chose to use busses several times and bus wait times were minimal.
So what was negative about it? Well, the hallways are very long. I mean very long and we were a long way from the lobby and supplies/gift store. The room was dark. It was amazing to wake to animals right outside the balcony, but that novelty wore off after a few days, and when the animals are not there, it is a very boring view. The pool area is great but not much shade after about 11 a.m. I think there is no excuse for no breakfast option onsite, and for me it is too far to go over to Jambo for breakfast, even with the shuttle option. Honestly, it may be that my less than favorable opinion about Kidani is because of all the other DVCs we have stayed at and totally enjoyed, and that may be an unfair comparison. We did go over to Jambo a couple of times, but that is not a big deal . Boma and Jiko are good, the pool there, to me not as good as Kidani.
Bottom line is it is a very nice place and we did enjoy it. Glad we went, but probably won't pick it for a future trip. You may love it for all the reasons we did not, so go, enjoy and have a wonderful trip.

Last edited:

epcot2004

That's one of the great things about driving! I would bring it. As an aside - I am what some would call a coffee snob, single origin, organic, blah, blah... but for some reason I enjoy that garbage that they call coffee at the resorts and other non-Starbucks locations. My wife just laughs at my love for that 'coffee'.

jgj123

My family couldn't imagine driving to Disney World without pillows, soft drinks, snacks, breakfast items, water, coffee pot (keurig this year), coffee, tea, juice and bottled water.... :)

epcotisbest

Original Poster
My family couldn't imagine driving to Disney World without pillows, soft drinks, snacks, breakfast items, water, coffee pot (keurig this year), coffee, tea, juice and bottled water.... :)
We bring most of those things as well...most important being my own pillow. Take it wherever we go when driving. Have not taken it via plane yet.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Stayed at poly last week. Wish I had my keurig. Why do they not have them in the rooms? Ah! Lol
Have found them in a few hotel rooms. Keurig makes one just for that purpose. Of course a lot of people don't like coffee from kcups...I have found many I truly enjoy.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
That's one of the great things about driving! I would bring it. As an aside - I am what some would call a coffee snob, single origin, organic, blah, blah... but for some reason I enjoy that garbage that they call coffee at the resorts and other non-Starbucks locations. My wife just laughs at my love for that 'coffee'.
I am kind of that way too. I have a french press I sometimes use at home and also enjoy pour-over. Even been thinking about getting a chemex, but at some point I have to just enjoy the Keurig for its simplicity and quit searching for that mythical perfect cup.

Thumper14

We live in the heart of the Midwest, so we have to fly to Disney. I try to limit the packing as much as possible. I am a huge coffee lover and even use fresh coffee beans I grind for each pot at home. I feel your pain. But I find the bakery treats from the Disney parks more than mask the brown water they call coffee in the rooms. We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas on our upcoming trip. Just a short walk for the Boardwalk Bakery-YUMMY.

To answer your question, When Alice asked if she was mad, the Madhatter replied yes, all the best people are!

BTW does any one know what type of coffee maker they supply in the Boardwalk Villas? A standard drip, or do they use pods?

My son is getting married at the Dolphin!  

SagamoreBeach

I am kind of that way too. I have a french press I sometimes use at home and also enjoy pour-over. Even been thinking about getting a chemex, but at some point I have to just enjoy the Keurig for its simplicity and quit searching for that mythical perfect cup.

Not so sure it's the searching for the perfect cup more than its the ceremony of brewing that cup and all the paraphernalia that goes along with it. I love my coffee, but every now and again I must have a perfectly brewed pot of tea...and then out comes the bone china pots, cups and saucers, silver tea strainer....and on and on....
-T

SweetEvangeline

I'm not a coffee drinker but from what I've read and heard the coffee they offer in the rooms and food courts tastes like hot buttered monkey butt. So bringing your Keurig seems valid, May suggest it to my wife who needs her coffee in the morning.

"Hot buttered monkey butt!" That's the most hilarious description I have ever read!!! Thanks for my laugh for the day!!!

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Not so sure it's the searching for the perfect cup more than its the ceremony of brewing that cup and all the paraphernalia that goes along with it. I love my coffee, but every now and again I must have a perfectly brewed pot of tea...and then out comes the bone china pots, cups and saucers, silver tea strainer....and on and on....
-T
You are right. The fun of using the French press pot is the whole experience, not just the finished cup. I did not really think about the ceremony of brewing...something that does not exist with the Keurig. But, that is part of the appeal of Keurig...pick a kcup, insert it, hit the brew button, enjoy. Two very different brew experiences. Some say the coffee from a kcup is just too weak, but there are plenty of tasty options...it just takes awhile to try them out.

LAKid53

Premium Member
We live in the heart of the Midwest, so we have to fly to Disney. I try to limit the packing as much as possible. I am a huge coffee lover and even use fresh coffee beans I grind for each pot at home. I feel your pain. But I find the bakery treats from the Disney parks more than mask the brown water they call coffee in the rooms. We are staying at the Boardwalk Villas on our upcoming trip. Just a short walk for the Boardwalk Bakery-YUMMY.

To answer your question, When Alice asked if she was mad, the Madhatter replied yes, all the best people are!

BTW does any one know what type of coffee maker they supply in the Boardwalk Villas? A standard drip, or do they use pods?

My son is getting married at the Dolphin!  

Not stayed at the Boardwalk, but most of the resorts we've stayed in have a Cuisinart with pods. I don't drink coffee, but my daughter's BF said it was okay - I think it's Joffrey's coffee.

LAKid53

Premium Member

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who brings my own kitchen with me - plates, bowls, utensils, cups, coffee mugs (all Disney, of course), filtered water pitcher, electric tea kettle, cereal, fruit, snacks, milk/juice, sugar/salt/pepper (I like salt/pepper grinders), napkins, toilet paper (since Disney's is sand paper), laundry detergent/dish soap, clothespins, etc., etc. I saw one of the Owner's Locker purple bins and MINE is bigger..... And I just bought one of those mini blenders to take with us so I can make my morning protein smoothie before I go to the fitness center to work out. :)

We are going on a cruise after our stay next month. And I'm going to have to leave my electric tea kettle and blender behind....no morning smoothie or cup of tea.... :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom