Disney's Polynesian Village Resort Progress

SpaceMountain77

Original Poster
Over the past few weeks, have you seen any photos or read reports of the resort's progress? If so, what are your thoughts, so far, on the reimagined areas?

We were at Captain Cook's a few days after it reopened. Although it was refreshed and clean, I was surprised to see that the design accents and elements are more modern than tropical. Admittedly, I was expecting the reimagined location to be akin to Tangaroa Terrace at the Disneyland Hotel. Regarding the menu, there did not seem to be much inspiration from the offerings of Tangaroa Terrace.

Also, I do not want to believe that the photos of the Pineapple Lanai showcase a finished product. Given the popularity of the Dole Whips, I envisioned the Lanai to be much more inviting and exciting. Right now, to me, it simply appears as a window cutout with a soft serve counter behind it. Jambo House and Kidani Village are often criticized for their dark colors and perceived lack of warmth. The Lanai is dark. Unless additional elements are added, it does not strike me as a social gathering spot.

TXDisney

We just came back from our stay at the boardwalk. But we walked around the 3 hotels around bay lake an evening. We walked around the Polynesian and when at the beach looking at the resort the whole left side is under construction, we didn't stay there, but it would seem the noise and other things might be disturbing to guests. Not sure whee they have the rooms closed off at exactly but it quite a large area under construction. I will say this though. They have about a dozen water bungalows it looks like out in the water that look like they're gonna awesome. I'm sure it's pricey for them, but they look awesome. Very interested to see how they look.

epcotisbest

If it were only a dozen bungalows the beach area would be better...actual count is around 20 :eek:
Yeah, seems quite crowded. We were there last week and honestly, it seems they should have closed the whole place down for the rebuild. Only walked around the Poly briefly and were glad we were not staying there. AKL Kidani was OK, but did not love it either. Our favorite VWL has main pool under construction too. And DTD...wow what a mess. I think we may take a break for a few years till all this is completed.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Yeah, seems quite crowded. We were there last week and honestly, it seems they should have closed the whole place down for the rebuild. Only walked around the Poly briefly and were glad we were not staying there. AKL Kidani was OK, but did not love it either. Our favorite VWL has main pool under construction too. And DTD...wow what a mess. I think we may take a break for a few years till all this is completed.
We were at WDW last week too, stayed at WL...and spent two afternoons at your favorite Hidden Springs pool :D

epcotisbest

We were at WDW last week too, stayed at WL...and spent two afternoons at your favorite Hidden Springs pool :D
Oh, so jealous. Yes, I love Hidden Springs pool. We contemplated pool hopping (DVC perk) but figured with main pool closed it would be best to stay away this time. Who knows, our paths may have crossed and we did not even know it.

EvilQueen-T

I just found the walls around the center of the lobby to be sad. I know all resorts need their makeovers but I loved the center area of the lobby and at least for now it's just brown walls :( I feel bad for people staying there for the first time.

Clamman73

Here's a look from upstairs by tambu lounge at pool and beach.
image.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom