The Orlando Eye??

danpam1024

Original Poster
Not UOR, but you can see it from there- is the Orlando Eye something like what's in London?? And I'm a little confused- is Madame Tussaud's in the same building??

kap91

Yep, 400' tall Ferris wheel with 20 passenger air conditioned gondolas. Madame Tussaud's and a whole bunch of other stuff will be in the complex. It was known as idrive live, but I think the name might have changed again.

71jason

Yep, 400' tall Ferris wheel with 20 passenger air conditioned gondolas. Madame Tussaud's and a whole bunch of other stuff will be in the complex. It was known as idrive live, but I think the name might have changed again.

Yes, going with "I-Drive 360" now, I believe both for the Ferris wheel itself and the surrounding mall.

Yardhouse (a beer-centric Darden restaurant), Carrabas (Outback's Italian chain restaurant) and Outback Steakhouse have already opened, as has the parking garage.

Tussauds, Sea Life aquarium, Shake Shack and some body-centric museum are all on the way as well--I think the attractions were aiming for the end of the year, but I haven't heard an update on that in a while. Titanic was supposed to move there, I think that's on hold now tho.

lazyboy97o

Not UOR, but you can see it from there- is the Orlando Eye something like what's in London?? And I'm a little confused- is Madame Tussaud's in the same building??
It is even being built and will be operated by Merlin Entertainments, the same company behind the London Eye, Madame Tussaud's, and Legoland.

fugawe09

Is this also the area where that polercoaster thing is supposed to be?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polercoaster

That proposed coaster is basically across the street but planned by an unrelated developer. The complex is supposed to include Mango's Tropical Cafe (a tacky South Beach Miami restaurant/club), a parking garage, and the polarcoaster. The coaster is supposed to break ground in 2015, but we'll see. No mention in the news since the June announcement.

Chef idea Mickey`=

I alway's felt before when I walked that area was not used just golfing, and as if they skip
this, no hotels, no restaurants, but now it was left to something worth, imagine we wouldn't of had the Orlando Eye if a bunch of 1 or 3 hotels or dining took spots in that area!:rolleyes:

Disneyhead'71

Actually, the Skyscraper coaster will be on the North East corner of I-Drive and Sand Lake. Mangoes will be on the South West corner. They are by the same owner. On the south east corner is a new Walgreen's, Chuy's, Red Robin, Longhorn, and BJ's. Along with a large Westin Resort. Also the world's largest McDonalds at that intersection is being rebuilt.

Anyway, Nik Wallenda broke a world record today by walking along the top of the wheel as it turned.

nik-wallenda-completes-walk-042915.jpg

And here is just a shot of the complex:

i-drive-360_500x328.jpg

Tinkerkelle

We're taking some time to visit in October. Definitely want to do the eye and am considering madam tussaud's and the sealife centre but will give the skeleton museum a miss. And the Sugar Factory had me at sugar. I thought I read something about a multi-attraction ticket, like a visit to 3 attractions would cost a set price and bring the overall cost for each done singly down a bit. Is that the case?

Disneyhead'71

We're taking some time to visit in October. Definitely want to do the eye and am considering madam tussaud's and the sealife centre but will give the skeleton museum a miss. And the Sugar Factory had me at sugar. I thought I read something about a multi-attraction ticket, like a visit to 3 attractions would cost a set price and bring the overall cost for each done singly down a bit. Is that the case?
Yep. $49 for Madam Tussaud's, SeaLife, and The Eye.

Disneyhead'71

Wait...that McD's is being rebuilt? On the same spot or in that parcel of land where the gas station used to be?
Both.

World's largest is going to take on a whole new meaning. Oh, and Perkins is getting rebuilt to be the world's largest Perkins. And the world's largest Checkers is already across Sand Lake from McDonald's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom