New Countries / Attractions for World Showcase (Past Rumors/Announcements)

rct247

I think Animal Kingdom is doing well with continents: Africa, Asia... South America and Australia would be great additions there.

For World Showcase, I would love to see Russia, Brazil, Greece, India, and Egypt as all of these countries immediately have rich histories, architecture, culture, traditions, food, and arts. Russian could feature a short ballet show and have a vodka bar. Brazil could celebrate carnival. Greece could have a ride based off mythology with Hercules tie ins. India has lots of unique foods and culture. Egypt would be great for a ride similar to welll...the Mummy.

Canada needs updated rock work to block the Soarin building more. UK would benefit from a small dark ride on British literature history including Mary Poppins. France needs and update film or new show. Japan could get a ride.

Billq

I have always wanted to see Egypt in World Showcase, they could have a pyramid, or a sphinx and maybe have a ride through ancient ruins or burial temples or a boat ride down the Nile River.

TXDisney

Seeing how much Frozen has taken over Norway, and how big of a hit a movie can do for a country around world showcase I think Disney either needs to start making movies that can connect to some counties. It makes the countries more kid friendly rather than just drinking and eating around the world (which I love). If they add new countries, this is definitely something I think they should consider. Perhaps Lion King in an African nation, etc.

mm121

Original Poster
Idea i posted elswhere that would add a continent section to World Showcase.

Antarctica does have permenant residents, granted its a collection of other cultures from around the world.

I just brought it up since it is a continent, it would more be a pavillion about history and science and scenery than culture. But theres still more than enough information and things to talk about to fill up a pavillion.

the staff there could pose as researchers from around the world.
and as antarctica doesn't have its own government, disney could fund the pavillion to add to the world showcase, without it being seen as a departure from requesting some finacial support from the country being represented.

They could totally do this WS side expansion and have it be continents rather than countries. The continent pavillions could be focused more on history and science, and rotate thru the cultures of the countries they represent with the support of the countries, while the individual country pavilllions would continue to be country supported, this would give even small countries a chance to be represented without a huge fiscal long term investment.

this new side area could also be designed to incorporate a WORLD hotel, with rooms located in each continent. There were rumors in the past about the possibility of adding DVC/hotel spaces to the WS, but those plans stand to really mess up the showcase, but if it was planned for from the beginning it could be done easily, as far as access goes, just put night time gates at the two ends, leaving the canal between the continents open 24/7, this area could also be designed to better incorporate the convention spaces "inside" the park that are currently shoe horned into the temporary pavillion.

I really should get a job with imaginerring, though I'm not sure they could afford my creativity.

That would save the southern Lagoon expansion for additional countries.

epcot-world-showcase-ultimate-jpg.49244

Last edited:

orlando678-

I'd like to see one of these lands: the Netherlands, Australia, Egypt, Arctic bay covering antarctica( i know it's not a country), India, Poland, Jameica, Indonesia, Russia, Spain, Switzerland, Peru, South Africa, Greece, Brazil, Costa rica, Sri Lanka, Argentina, Tuvalu, Iceland, New Zealand, Israel, Cuba and Denmark. I know you might think like that's never gonna happen but my uncle who is a disney imagineer told me that World showcase could feature 36 countries in total if they were going to get rid of the rivers and the food and wine festival building. I know that still this would take a long time to complete though.

TXDisney

Not a fan of making Puerto Rico permanent. 1st off they might be a state eventually, and too similar to Mexico IMO. I like the idea of Spain, but that's similar to Mexico too. I def. think they need an African country South American country and Middle Eastern country in WS. Maybe something like Nigeria, Egypt and Brazil.

P_Radden

I'd like to see one of these lands: the Netherlands, Australia, Egypt, Arctic bay covering antarctica( i know it's not a country), India, Poland, Jameica, Indonesia, Russia, Spain, Switzerland, Peru, South Africa, Greece, Brazil, Costa rica, Sri Lanka, Argentina, Tuvalu, Iceland, New Zealand, Israel, Cuba and Denmark. I know you might think like that's never gonna happen but my uncle who is a disney imagineer told me that World showcase could feature 36 countries in total if they were going to get rid of the rivers and the food and wine festival building. I know that still this would take a long time to complete though.

Great list!
Some really interesting ideas in this thread. Looking at the map with the 8 current empty slots, I would love to see them filled with some of the countries you have listed above.

My top choices (in no particular order) would be:

1. Egypt (Gotta have the Sphinx and 3 big pyramids)
2. Brazil
3. Greece (Athens)
4. Australia (would love to see a replica of the Sydney Opera House)
5. India
6. Jamaica? (eh?)
7. Ireland
8. Spain

I would love to see a complete refurbish of The Great American Adventure. Something exciting!

The Wold Showcase has always been one of my favorite places in WDW. It would be amazing to see it expanded with new countries and updated with new attractions/rides

Disney would be wise to invest in a World Showcase 2.0 project to add the 8 countries to the empty spaces (or at least some of them). This along with the Frozen Addition and any refurbishments to Future World (lets face it, any serious new "D" or "E" tickets for Future world, much Epcot is just wishing...) would light a fire of excitement for Epcot that has not been seen in years.

Last edited:

RadiatorSpringsRacer

My two cents...

If new countries are added at any point, I think we have enough of Europe right now...Before anything else, I'd like to see countries like Palestine, the Phillipines, Egypt, Kenya (NOT a single pavilion dedicated to the whole of Africa as was originally planned...we don't need more people thinking Africa is a country) for the sake of diversity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom