Akhershus, Yay or Nay?

Figaro928

Original Poster
Right now we have the Princess story book dinner reserved. It is the only table service that I'm still debating only because it is the only restaurant that we are repeating from our last trip.

While we thought the food was real yummy, the reason we re-booked it was because my 4yo daughter loves the princesses. (That being said, we don't mind waiting a reasonable time for a M&G) We are going to be in Epcot that day without a park hopper.

Two questions:

What are the chances that they incorporate Anna & Elsa into the character dining since they are taking over Norway anyway - if that's the case then it's a no brainer and we stay there.

Has anyone ever eaten at the Moroccan restaurant with kids? The menu intrigues me - any recommendations. Can the kids dance there like in the Beirgarten?

I know all the restaurants are kid-friendly but any other recommendations for "fun" kid friendly restaurants in or around Epcot?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Right now we have the Princess story book dinner reserved. It is the only table service that I'm still debating only because it is the only restaurant that we are repeating from our last trip.

While we thought the food was real yummy, the reason we re-booked it was because my 4yo daughter loves the princesses. (That being said, we don't mind waiting a reasonable time for a M&G) We are going to be in Epcot that day without a park hopper.

Two questions:

What are the chances that they incorporate Anna & Elsa into the character dining since they are taking over Norway anyway - if that's the case then it's a no brainer and we stay there.

Has anyone ever eaten at the Moroccan restaurant with kids? The menu intrigues me - any recommendations. Can the kids dance there like in the Beirgarten?

I know all the restaurants are kid-friendly but any other recommendations for "fun" kid friendly restaurants in or around Epcot?

Since it's the only place with a ball gown Belle M&G - which hopefully won't change once Frozen takes over Norway (and everything else) - if your daughter loves Belle (mine does), I'd keep the reservation. As you said, the food is good and you meet more characters, not just princesses. We've eaten at Morocco and it is excellent, but not sure about kids (mine daughter is grown). We also like the Garden Grill in EPCOT at the Lands Pavilion - it is a family buffet style and the food is very kid friendly. Plus you get to meet farmer Mickey, Pluto, and Chip & Dale.

crispy

Since your daughter loves it, I would keep the ADR. She will only be this little once so I would choose what would bring her the most joy.

BigTxEars

We loved it and had it booked again for our next trip. But since they are taking out the free group picture when you enter to eat, well that kinda sucks IMO. We cancelled our ADRs there and booked Via Napoli and used the savings to buy the Photo Pass. But we will return as it really is a nice meal and the characters at the table are hard to beat.

Ali Mouse

Every time we go my daughter and I eat at Akershus for Breakfast. ( it's a special girl thing)We get an 8:00 reservation and we enjoy it every time. Then for dinner at Epcot we will do Biergarten one day and Garden Grill another day. Yes, we do two days at Epcot- we love Epcot and explore every nook of it.

HouCuseChickie

We like Akershus lunch and dinner, but our girls are kind of moving past their princess phase. For that reason, I say keep it since your child is still into the princess experience. As for Morocco...haven't eaten there since 1985, and haven't eaten in Germany since the late 80s, so my opinions are a bit too outdated to be helpful. :)

s&k'smom

We had a blast there last time we went I think 3 years ago. Food was good, great princess interaction. Also took kids to Morocco and also a very good time. They have the usual chicken fingers/fries etc. so if that's all they'll eat your good to go and you can try the yummy food (it was sooooooo good).

Roakor

We enjoyed going to Akhershus even before the princess invasion. However the last time we went I wasn't as impressed with the food. It was good just not, "we haveto go here" good. But because of the princesses it was still on the must do list because of my daughter. Though next time she won't be going and I think we are going to skip it.

We took the kids to the Moroccan restaurant one year. It was the first year for the dinning plan and we didn't anticipate everything being booked. we didn't have any ADRs that night and it was the only place with seating available. Being tucked back in the corner I think it gets overlooked. Over all though it was a very good experience, one I would recommend. The main menu has little a traditional American kid would care for but they have the usual mickey menu. When we went the youngest was 6 and while my kids didn't want to they do allow the kids to dance with the dancers, or at least they did when we went. Of course the thing she remembers most about the place was getting kissed on the check by Aladdin outside the restraint and then telling on him to Jasmine :). She still makes a point, whenever we go to WDW to tell Jasmine how Aladdin kissed her.

LAKid53

Premium Member
She's also at Enchanted Tales

But it is a show, not a M&G and the only ones who get their picture taken with Belle are the kids selected to participate in the show. My adult daughter is not going to be selected.....

I wish Disney would add Princess Belle to the M&G at Fairytale Hall. After all, Cinderella is in two places at one time.....

HRHPrincessAriel

But it is a show, not a M&G and the only ones who get their picture taken with Belle are the kids selected to participate in the show. My adult daughter is not going to be selected.....

I wish Disney would add Princess Belle to the M&G at Fairytale Hall. After all, Cinderella is in two places at one time.....
gotcha.

My kiddo wasn't selected and they let her take a picutre...so there is a hope!

LAKid53

Premium Member
gotcha.

My kiddo wasn't selected and they let her take a picutre...so there is a hope!

That's nice - they didn't the one time we attended the show. My daughter was so disappointed that she couldn't get either a picture or autograph - big girls like princesses too!

crispy

I have been asked twice to participate at Enchanted Tales with Belle so there's hope! I guess I just seem really enthusiastic...lol!

DizneyPryncess

Our daughter loved Akershus, we had a great Princess breakfast there. I wouldn't hesitate to go back. Your daughter at 4 years old is at such a perfect princess age. If she is really into the Princesses, I would keep your ADR there. My little girl also loved Garden Grill, which my husband & I have always also enjoyed.

We've been to Enchanted Tales twice. Once DD was in the show, and met Belle, along with the kids in the audience who were not in the show. The second time, she was being shy, and didn't want to be in the show. The CM wouldn't allow anyone not in the play to meet Belle that time. It must be a CM discretion/time issue kind of a thing.

Courtney6682

I know all the restaurants are kid-friendly but any other recommendations for "fun" kid friendly restaurants in or around Epcot?[/QUOTE]

My kid friendly suggestion would be Coral Reef if your kids like gong to the aquarium;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom