Does the cost of WDW merch vary on where you're at?

Alexis

Original Poster
Hello everyone,

I was doing alittle research before my trip in order to try and save up for a few things I'd like to buy for my upcoming trip. When I goggled the item, disney parks pillow pets, in images I saw many that varied prices from, $26, $29, $32.
I remember last at World of Disney in DTD it was $32.
So I was wondering, if the price goes up yearly or if depending on where you're at in Orlando or a part of Disney that the cost is cheaper?

Does anyone know?

Thank you

Figments Friend

All merchandise *on property* at WDW is all the same price no matter what location you decide to buy it from.
Your pillow pet will cost the same whether you purchase it at your Disney Resort hotel gift shop, The Emporium on Main Street at the Magic Kingdom, or somewhere at DHS or DTD-Disney Springs.
As long as you are *on property*...the pricing is the same.

If you know someone that is a Cast Member, they might also be able to purchase discounted merch for you from the Cast-only stores they have access to.
These shops usually have old stock, outdated merch, or slightly damaged goods but there are some bargins to be had.

Now, OFF property is a different matter entirely.
There are *outlets stores* out there in the Orlando area that are known to sell discounted Park merchandise.
A lot of visitors make it a point to drive off property and visit them to see what is available.

Hope this helps you out!

:)

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Ebay sells your average Mickey Mouse plush toy for 5 dollars.

Even if you want that plush to be special, just take it to WDW with you right after you buy it.
What's the difference? o-o

MikeTaylorSound

DAK's prices varied on beer at different locations. A Safari Amber was 50¢ more expensive in Africa than at Flame Tree BBQ. Or was it the other way around?

Spike-in-Berlin

Thank you everyone. So I'm assuming the price is pretty steady everywhere around the World

For regular priced items definitely. Sometimes however they have sales at some shops where old items are sold at reduced prices, e.g. I bought a terrific Star Wars T-Shirt (Galactic Empire) at the Tatooine Traders for half the regular price and I don't know if these bargains are all the same at all shops as well.

BTW I am still looking for an "outlet" near WDW where they sell AUTHENTIC theme park merchandise, so far I only found Disney products with the "Disney Magic" brand, nothing EVER I found was real WDW merchandise. Yes they are Disney products, but they are no WDW theme park merchandise and they are not related to WDW as well, they are the same stuff you find in the Disney stores at a mall somewhere.

MissM

BTW I am still looking for an "outlet" near WDW where they sell AUTHENTIC theme park merchandise, so far I only found Disney products with the "Disney Magic" brand, nothing EVER I found was real WDW merchandise. Yes they are Disney products, but they are no WDW theme park merchandise and they are not related to WDW as well, they are the same stuff you find in the Disney stores at a mall somewhere.
You must not be looking very hard.

4951 International Drive,
Orlando, FL 32819

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/store_listing.asp?id=96

Right past the Downtown Disney exit off I-4. I've purchased attraction tees (Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion, etc.), Olszewski pill boxes, miniatures and a Pirates "Gallery of Light" box, pins and more there. Yes, it's hit-and-miss. Sometimes it's awesome, sometimes not so much. You'll see a lot of Disney Cruise things there too. But it's definitely park merchandise and not Wal-Mart stuff.

FerretAfros

DAK's prices varied on beer at different locations. A Safari Amber was 50¢ more expensive in Africa than at Flame Tree BBQ. Or was it the other way around?
I read somewhere that there's some sort of non-Disney boundary that bisects the park into 2 different regions, which accounts for the price differences. DAK is the only park where prices ever seem different (seen also with turkey legs), and its not even consistent within the park, which makes me believe that this might be true

Similarly, the All Star resorts and the Wide World of Sports are located in Osceola County, while the rest of WDW's guest areas are in Orange County. Osceola County has an extra 1% sales tax, in addition to the statewide 6%, so items purchased there will end up costing you more than elsewhere in WDW even though the price tag says the same price

Alexis

Original Poster
For regular priced items definitely. Sometimes however they have sales at some shops where old items are sold at reduced prices, e.g. I bought a terrific Star Wars T-Shirt (Galactic Empire) at the Tatooine Traders for half the regular price and I don't know if these bargains are all the same at all shops as well.

Thank you for your reply... There are some stores that sell

Character Warehouse , Disney Character Outlet, Theme Park Connection. Check those 3 out :)

Dwarful

The funnel cakes were cheaper in MK than in Epcot. Also in MK you could get them as a snack credit and at Epcot you couldn't. Not sure if that is still the case, haven't had the DDP in several years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom