Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
James Cameron Directed Terminator 2 and Avatar.....Would Universal decide to scrap his attraction once Pandora is done....They recently removed their version in Hollywood for Minion Mayhem.

JT3000

James Cameron Directed Terminator 2 and Avatar.....Would Universal decide to scrap his attraction once Pandora is done....They recently removed their version in Hollywood for Minion Mayhem.

If they closed T2, it wouldn't be because of Cameron's connection to Avatar. I don't know of any current plans to close the attraction. In fact, it was supposed to have been given some technical upgrades around the time Hollywood's closed.

Milla4Prez66

It's strange tho...Florida's Jaws & Hollywood's ET got the axe...

To make room for new attractions because both parks are land locked. Jaws is still operating in Hollywood's tram tour and at Universal Studios Japan. ET is still open here in Florida, director has nothing to do with it.

GLaDOS

To make room for new attractions because both parks are land locked. Jaws is still operating in Hollywood's tram tour and at Universal Studios Japan. ET is still open here in Florida, director has nothing to do with it.

Besides, Spielberg owns a portion of Universal Orlando Resort and consults on attractions quite regularly.

champdisney

Before Disney made the announcement of an Avatar land for DAK. I very well remember hearing early rumors after the release of Avatar in 2009 that Universal wanted to remove T2 for an Avatar 4D replacement. Obviously Disney beat Universal to the rights. Smh!

Me personally, I would've loved to see Universal pull off what Disney did with Snow White. That would be to eliminate an attraction for a larger scale attraction using the same property. I seriously wish Universal can apply this to Terminator in the future as I feel Terminator is an IP that can sustain a major E-ticket. A new Terminator film is exactly one year into the horizon, I'll just continue to pray like the fanboy I am.

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
Before Disney made the announcement of an Avatar land for DAK. I very well remember hearing early rumors after the release of Avatar in 2009 that Universal wanted to remove T2 for an Avatar 4D replacement. Obviously Disney beat Universal to the rights. Smh!

Me personally, I would've loved to see Universal pull off what Disney did with Snow White. That would be to eliminate an attraction for a larger scale attraction using the same property. I seriously wish Universal can apply this to Terminator in the future as I feel Terminator is an IP that can sustain a major E-ticket. A new Terminator film is exactly one year into the horizon, I'll just continue to pray like the fanboy I am.

A weird one out of the Terminator IP had to be Terminator Salvation: The Ride...
terminator_coaster.jpg

While the Coaster was awesome...It just didn't seem to fit the concept of the Movie it was based on..However after the Bankruptcy of Six Flags they removed everything related to the film and renamed it Apocalypse: The ride..Funny thing was there were at one time 2 Terminator attractions in 2 different parks...

champdisney

A weird one out of the Terminator IP had to be Terminator Salvation: The Ride...
terminator_coaster.jpg

While the Coaster was awesome...It just didn't seem to fit the concept of the Movie it was based on..However after the Bankruptcy of Six Flags they removed everything related to the film and renamed it Apocalypse: The ride..Funny thing was there were at one time 2 Terminator attractions in 2 different parks...
Yes, I've known about this! I didn't agree with a wooden coaster for a Terminator attraction though. If anything, that coaster should've been made out of liquid steel... How futuristic would've that been!

djlaosc

According to what I have read on here, they went to to Universal first and Universal didn't want it.

champdisney

According to what I have read on here, they went to to Universal first and Universal didn't want it.
Makes sense. I heard this rumor off of Screamscape at the time. Not very trustworthy, hence why I arrived @wdwmagic shortly after. ;)

Thanks for the clarification, though it's quite strange. Strange that Disney has inquired what Universal tossed up, even Universal was wise enough not to invest in James Cameron's Ingalactic Pocahontas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom