Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
As I had a boy and a girl as my kids aged up we either got two rooms or we stayed in the Contemporary as it had a Day Bed. Nobody wanted the roll away or a sofa bed. I have to say the Murphy Beds are a good solution to trundles, couch-beds or cots. Murphy at least has a real mattress, just like the daybeds do at Disney.

Gabe1

The ones that they put in the DVC units are extremely comfortable. Especially at BLT and the new ones at Hilton Head. They lack the bar down the middle that makes so many sofa beds uncomfortable. They probably put the cheaper ones in the value suites at WDW. My parents never liked staying off site at Disney, but now it makes zero sense, for us at least, to stay off site. Either we use our DVC points, or if we run out of points, we use an AP discount. For my January trip, the rate with the DVC discount at Pop was around $90 per night. Then we used an AP discount in June to stay at BWV. 37% off plus no extra adult fee for me.

Yeah that is still a whole pile of money to not get a real bed to sleep on. We'd get 2 rooms at POR and get 3 or 4 beds and 2 bathrooms with 4 sinks. Loved it as they hit pre-teen/teen years.

Gabe1

I slept on a sofa bed for more than two years, in a particularly small apartment.
I fancied myself a modern day Mary Richards.

View attachment 66503

Ha! I was almost 23 when I moved out on my own, saved enough money to buy a condo and a real persons bed. Good times. Would have kept that place if they didn't ban large dogs.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Ha! I was almost 23 when I moved out on my own, saved enough money to buy a condo and a real persons bed. Good times. Would have kept that place if they didn't ban large dogs.
I moved out at 19, and lived alone until I got married, almost 7 years later.

My apartment actually had 2 bedrooms, but they were ridiculously small - didn't fit my queen sized water bed.

After two years, I gave up the water bed (which had been in my living room) and bought an over-sized sectional with a sleeper sofa bed. Sealy mattress - very comfortable.

I spent two more years sleeping in the living room, before finally buying a queen sized bed and moving into the larger of the two bedrooms.

Finally gave up that queen sized suite (3 mattresses later) a year and a half ago, and gave it to Son #1.
Orange tinted knotty pine. So stylish .... in 1991.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm not sure why with how it has been sliced and diced but my DH was not happy to hear the Backlot Tour attraction was going bye bye.

It's because he is still hanging on to how it "used" to be, God bless him. It was a great experience back in the day. I went on it back in May, and it was a joke. They had a "recording" during the ride that you couldn't hear half the time, and they had cut out a good half of the interesting, original ride. What really ticked me off even more was that they simply breezed by Walt's own airplane (Grumman G-159 Gulfstream 1)--like it was just another "prop". Tell your DH that the experience has been cannibalized to the point of being ridiculous, and a waste of time. I say, put it out of it's misery. :(

MinnieM123

Premium Member
One plus about staying home and watching from the deck is I got three ceramic santas painted, two of which are getting an antique look today, and he third is ready for top coat. Woohoo! Seven days and counting until my open house, I still doubt I'll be ready, but I'm getting there... Slowly![/QUOTE]

@Soarin' Over Pgh I copied part of your message ABOVE, and replied below. (I still can't figure out how to properly use the quote thingie--your quote is supposed to be in a beige background, but that didn't happen.) Anyway, I responded below--

Hey--what's this about an "open house"? Are we all invited?! ;) :happy: :joyfull: :p :D

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

My apartment actually had 2 bedrooms, but they were ridiculously small - didn't fit my queen sized water bed.

After two years, I gave up the water bed (which had been in my living room) and bought an over-sized sectional with a sleeper sofa bed. Sealy mattress - very comfortable.

I spent two more years sleeping in the living room, before finally buying a queen sized bed and moving into the larger of the two bedrooms.

Finally gave up that queen sized suite (3 mattresses later) a year and a half ago, and gave it to Son #1.

At one point in my life (many years ago), I had moved into a small studio apt. I ordered a bed from a department store that was having a big sale. What they failed to mention was that the "sale" beds were on backorder for 3 weeks . . . so, for close to a month, I slept on an exercise mat with a sheet, blanket and pillow, on the floor. Comfy--NOT!!!!!! :eek:

Gabe1

It's because he is still hanging on to how it "used" to be, God bless him. It was a great experience back in the day. I went on it back in May, and it was a joke. They had a "recording" during the ride that you couldn't hear half the time, and they had cut out a good half of the interesting, original ride. What really ticked me off even more was that they simply breezed by Walt's own airplane (Grumman G-159 Gulfstream 1)--like it was just another "prop". Tell your DH that the experience has been cannibalized to the point of being ridiculous, and a waste of time. I say, put it out of it's misery. :(

Yes you are right. We had a lovely long Christmas vacation one year and that area was quite a memory maker.
By day it was still the full Backlot tour and by night the homes were the area of the Osborne Lights that moved through the NY Street and pretty much ended outside the Steamroller area with a nativity scene near the courtyard. It was nice that there was a gentle reminder of what Christmas was really about in the middle of all the magic of WDW.

My DS was only a toddler when he went through Catastrophe Cannon and already had this enormous fear of any form of fire so it was also filled with that learning curve for parents as it was a brand new park for us too and no forums to research and the tour books just outlined what was to be attractions vaguely. Good times back there on the lot.

When we rode the Backlot Tour, 'cause we knew it would go soon Walt's plane had 'Cars' eyeballs pasted on the front of the plane. I'm not sure why I took exception with that but it did rub me the wrong way. We took one last walk through the prop room too and the after museum. Way back the Backlot also had a show to demonstrate inside a warehouse how they used illusion in filming. We have pictures of my DH riding a bike on set during the show and my DS riding the bumble bee also during the show. Pretty much any connection to the park being a Studio is gone now and I'll miss that theming.

Gabe1

My folks when I was born in Chicago owned a 2 flat with 2 bedrooms held at best a full sized mattress. My Dads Chest of Drawers was in the livingroom and my Mom's very long dresser was in my room until my sister was born. The room would not fit a bed, dress, crib so they moved my bed into the dining room which did not have a dining room table, that was in the kitchen. I didn't understand the design of those flats. The bedrooms were so tiny and yet the living room was a generous size and dining room where the front door opened into was massive so they somewhat sectioned off with my dresser a cove for me. When we moved into our house a few years later I picked my bedroom out because it had this big queen bed. Little did I understand that the furniture didn't come with the house, I was stunned on moving day that the bed was gone and mine was in there. I was so sad.

When you moved out at 19 was that to attend College/University?

MOXOMUMD

Did somebody say FOOD...?! o_O

lots-of-food.jpg

;)
Why must you tempt me so! ;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom