Frozen Gals On Once Upon A Time?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
sev-once-upon-a-time-anna-lgn.jpg

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Will Elsa find a way to control her powers? It sounds like that’ll be the goal when Once Upon a Time brings Frozen‘s characters to life on ABC this fall.

As we all know from the film, Elsa and Anna’s parents perished during a sea voyage. A newly released logline for the season premiere reveals that when the two set sail from Arendelle, they were actually headed toward a mysterious destination that could hold the secret to containing Elsa’s out-of-control abilities. Once Upon a Time‘s take on Anna plans to finish their journey to discover what (or maybe who) they were looking for—against her sister’s wishes.

Speaking of Elsa’s frost magic: When she arrives in Storybrooke in the present day, she’ll protect herself from the town’s residents by creating a powerful snow monster. Here’s hoping it looks like this:

Twilight_Roxas

But wait wouldn't the season take place after the events of Frozen, and would Anna's journey cause her to be trapped in Storybrooke due to the Dark Curse?

Twilight_Roxas

Yes, OUAT will pick up after the events of Frozen took place.

Not if Arendell is outside of the Enchanted Forest - like Neverland, Wonderland, etc., it wouldn't fall under the dark curse.
If you recall the Mad Hatter, and Dr.Frankenstein were taken from Wonderland, and the Land of No Color during the Dark Curse.

KLeigh

Also, Elsa has been transported to Storybrooke via the urn that Emma and Hook accidentally brought back in the season 3 finale - she was locked in Rumple's vault in the past.

It has been stated that the events we'll see (at least in the beginning) are in the Arendelle of the past, before Elsa was contained.

The creators are saying Anna and Elsa's parents were on their sea voyage to search for a way to help Elsa control her powers - my guess is they were going to see Rumple. Since Anna is supposedly going to try and finish their parents journey and try to help her sister, she's going to end up with Rumple in the Enchanted Forest. Now, exactly where this takes place on the timeline before the original curse takes place is still up in the air.

Granted, we still don't have a 100% confirmed explanation of Elizabeth Mitchell's character - maybe she's the person A&E's parents were going to see. Who knows?

Rumor has it that Elsa will be featured in more episodes this first half than Anna and the rest of the Frozen crew. There have been set pictures leaked of Elsa in "regular" clothes, but I haven't seen any of Anna so far - which leads me to speculate that Elsa is the only one in Storybrooke.

Matt_Black

They were most likely in the Enchanted Forest during the curse. The curse did not affect other lands.

At least for the Hatter, we know that's not true. He was absolutely stuck in Wonderland trying to make a new hat. Similarly, we can surmise that wherever Victor was, his brother was with him, which is why he was interrogating Regina about his location. I think the curse affected not just the Enchanted Forest, but people with ties to Regina whom she felt she might need (or want to punish).

KLeigh

At least for the Hatter, we know that's not true. He was absolutely stuck in Wonderland trying to make a new hat. Similarly, we can surmise that wherever Victor was, his brother was with him, which is why he was interrogating Regina about his location. I think the curse affected not just the Enchanted Forest, but people with ties to Regina whom she felt she might need (or want to punish).
Agree - these two characters are the exception to the rule. They had failed Regina, so she ruined their happily ever after along with everyone from the Enchanted Forest. (Exception being those in the small protection bubble, which Regina didn't know about at the time.)

Matt_Black

Agree - these two characters are the exception to the rule. They had failed Regina, so she ruined their happily ever after along with everyone from the Enchanted Forest.

There the exceptions that we KNOW about. As Henry said once he learned Dr. Whale's identity, we don't really know who else could be in town and from where. For that matter, we never really learned how the Knave got to Storybrooke. It's implied that the Rabbit took him, as he seemed pretty familiar with "our" world, but who knows?

KLeigh

Slightly off topic:
I wouldn't be surprised if they give us a Knave-centric backstory episode at some point this season. Introduce him to the viewers who didn't watch "Wonderland", and fill us in on why he left Wonderland (after OUATiW ended) and came back to Storybrooke...without Anastasia? (As the rumors go.)

It would've been interesting to see Anastasia and Cinderella/Ashley reunite. Get a glimpse of what their step-sister relationship was like.

Matt_Black

Slightly off topic:
I wouldn't be surprised if they give us a Knave-centric backstory episode at some point this season. Introduce him to the viewers who didn't watch "Wonderland", and fill us in on why he left Wonderland (after OUATiW ended) and came back to Storybrooke...without Anastasia? (As the rumors go.)

It would've been interesting to see Anastasia and Cinderella/Ashley reunite. Get a glimpse of what their step-sister relationship was like.

I think there were issues with either the actress's availability, or Disney put the kibosh on spelling it out explicitly.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Some minor spoilers about Hans' storyline

From Entertainment Weekly
Have there been any new details regarding Hans on Once Upon a Time? — Erin
As suspected, “He has not been redeemed,” executive producer Edward Kitsis tells me. “He’s a sociopath.” Here’s something to chew on: Could he actually be behind Elsa’s imprisonment in Rumple’s vault? “That’s one of the mysteries that we intend to unfurl,” executive producer Adam Horowitz says, adding that Hans “still feels the weight of being the youngest of 12 brothers, and there’s a very good chance of seeing some of those 12 brothers.”

Can we go yet?

The Knave without his dear Anastasia would make me sad. They were a very cute couple. I hope they don't like, break them up or anything. At least acknowledge her, have him carry around a locket with her face or something. Wonderland had a weak start, but the last few episodes were great in my opinion. We even got a little cameo from Cora.

Matt_Black

The Knave without his dear Anastasia would make me sad. They were a very cute couple. I hope they don't like, break them up or anything. At least acknowledge her, have him carry around a locket with her face or something. Wonderland had a weak start, but the last few episodes were great in my opinion. We even got a little cameo from Cora.

A little cameo? She stole the show in the episode she was in.

216bruce

Anyone else think "the shark was jumped"? Marshmallow snow guy, papa troll...Sven giving "looks". It was a little subtle before. Now, well, not so much. Thoughts....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom