GoofGoof

Premium Member

I think the latest rumor has now been upgraded from "maybe" to "its coming...eventually". In one of the Spirit's threads he mentioned it being possibly delayed as far out as 2019:confused: I really hope that's just fanboy chatter and they don't pull a FLE and open Avland for several years as a walk through construction site.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'm bit confused! I saw the concept art of Avatar I saw the Boat ride! And I was wrong! Please Avatar will have a boat ride!

The concept art showed a boat ride. Things change between concept art and opening.

Several months ago a rumor was going around that the boat ride got cut and there would only be 1 ride in Avatarland. I believe Micechat was responsible for starting that one, but others fed the flames. As recently as a few days ago an "insider" here said the latest he heard was that Avatar may open in phases starting in 2017 with just 1 ride with the boat ride opening potentially as late as 2019. It's all just rumors right now. No official word from Disney on any of it.

JEANYLASER

The concept art showed a boat ride. Things change between concept art and opening.

Several months ago a rumor was going around that the boat ride got cut and there would only be 1 ride in Avatarland. I believe Micechat was responsible for starting that one, but others fed the flames. As recently as a few days ago an "insider" here said the latest he heard was that Avatar may open in phases starting in 2017 with just 1 ride with the boat ride opening potentially as late as 2019. It's all just rumors right now. No official word from Disney on any of it.

:confused:

RSoxNo1

That was quickly clarified. The rumor has been that the boat ride would not open with the rest of the land, and instead open 12-18 months after the land opens.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
New concept model for Avatarland. ;)

DSC00403.jpg

It's actually one of the chocolate creations at the Ghirardelli exhibit at the Food and Wine festival.

FutureWorld1982

I'm bit confused! I saw the concept art of Avatar I saw the Boat ride! And I was wrong! Please Avatar will have a boat ride!

What would we do without you, Jeany? We would have to invent you!

Anyway, I seriously hope they will include not only the boat ride and the flight simulator, but a few themed flat rides. I know, I know, they are not a great choice, but the park also needs to increase the ride count.

Last edited:

kap91

Whoa! That looks pretty wicked! It's also just a bit odd, not exactly "Disney-looking". I can't put my finger on it.
It has a bit more "realism" to it than the exaggerated reality look that Disney usually goes for, making it have more in common with what's going on down the street. Maybe that's what you're picking up on?

Edit: credit to tweeber below for pointing out all of AK is done in that style.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom