What did you do?

Kristia

Got a call yesterday, it is official I will have a my surgery done on October 1st. I was worried I might not be able to fly as I have a conference to go to a few days later but the surgeon says it may hurt like hell in a pressurized plane but it is safe. Hopefully I will be running in mid November if all goes well. Gotta give my Hokas a proper workout.
Good to hear that you finally have a resolution coming! The other thing that may kill you about flying is having to keep your knee bent. Try to sit in an aisle seat so you can stretch your leg. My husband had knee surgery (ACL repair) and driving for any distance hurt for a while since he couldn't extend his leg to stretch while driving. Good luck! I just got my 2 pair of Hokas this week!

JillC LI

3.5 miles this morning at ??? pace....Garmin battery died half way through. It was a speed workout, and the temps were cool, so I was feelin' pretty speedy. Just guessed at the interval lengths and paces after the Garmin died.

Mad Stitch

After a week and a half of rainy cold weather, I have cough a cold. Do any of you run when you have a cold? Tuesday it was so bad I slept most of the day, but it was an off day for running. Yesterday I was feeling better, but I skipped my run which I hate doing.

John Stamos

After a week and a half of rainy cold weather, I have cough a cold. Do any of you run when you have a cold? Tuesday it was so bad I slept most of the day, but it was an off day for running. Yesterday I was feeling better, but I skipped my run which I hate doing.
Running is impossible w/ a cold. Usually my nose is stuffy so it's difficult to breath and it's just not good.

LindsayLoves

@JillC LI - doesn't the Garmin death mid-run always occur when you feel like you're running pretty fast? For me that is when it always hits and then I have no proof of my speediness.

I have reached the point in marathon training where I am tired all the time. I have to give myself a pep talk to get out of bed every morning instead of my natural morning person routine that has me up and out the second I turn off the alarm.
After pulling myself out of bed this morning I ventured out on an 8mi marathon goal pace run. My first two miles were too fast and my breathing was labored the entire time. The next two miles up and over the Queensboro bridge were both in the 9's and that made me want to throw in the towel and make it an easy 8 mile run instead. I pushed it through mile 5 and saw a decent pace and realized I had only 3 more miles to go and to do my best. It wasn't easy or pretty but I came in with a final overall pace of 8:40/mi (the goal was 8:45/mile). I am very glad I pushed through my exhaustion and more importantly my self doubt.

imagination30

today was a nice run .. very cool breeze at some points , untuil the sun really started to come out.. -- Did 5.08
wasn't looking for pace.. but I did mange a 7.10 pace to start out with ... but I sadly lost it after the 3 mile.. boo.. - hee. plus did some weights , pushups and sit ups! :)

Sumrdog

I will run with a cold as long as I am not so sick that I am short of breath, or have a fever. (I haven't been that sick in a while). If I have a sinus or upper respiratory infection where I am just really congested, I find that running sometimes helps clear stuff out of my nose a bit.
I hope you feel better!

fmingo36

So-I've been completely MIA lately. I can't believe that the race is only 47 days away. AUGH!
I have been severely slacking on my training. Today I ran 7 miles (the longest in almost a year).
I went out with the attitude, I'm gonna do what I can do and was happy that I did 7 miles. Better yet, I wasn't thinking "Gosh, I really hate running".

47 days...47 days!

Texas84

So-I've been completely MIA lately. I can't believe that the race is only 47 days away. AUGH!
I have been severely slacking on my training. Today I ran 7 miles (the longest in almost a year).
I went out with the attitude, I'm gonna do what I can do and was happy that I did 7 miles. Better yet, I wasn't thinking "Gosh, I really hate running".

47 days...47 days!

Give us a 10-miler before the race. You'll be fine.

Texas84

Dopey week 3 in the books. 14 today and 29 for the week. The Wednesday runs bump up to six this week.

Fall may have finally arrived. 59 at start. Felt cold!

HRHPrincessAriel

I'm trying to decide what I want to do.

I'm a week ahead of training so I should be running 11 miles.

I can't decide if I want to run 11, do what's actually slated for this week(3 with magic) or just do something In between.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
3rd race weekend in a row for us here....we ran the Brewers half marathon. We were a bit concerned about weather as it rained overnight and most of the drive into Milwaukee. The rain stopped before we got there, and had great weather for a race. We had our best half of the year....although still not where we'd like to be overall, we are encouraged by ending the season here on a high note.

fmingo36

No running for me today. Today I participated in the Global Mala Project. Global Mala Project is uniting yoga, service and collective action. The purpose of the project is to bring the global yoga community together from every continent, school and approach to form a "mala around the earth" through collective practices based upon the sacred cycle of 108.
So I spent my afternoon doing 108 sun salutation!
Nick can have his 500 miles. I'll keep my 108 sun salutations.
What an inspiring day!
Live.Breathe.Practice.Peace

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom