Trip Report The Griswolds go to Orlando!! Live trip report...or something like it. Pictures on page 11 !!

Alright, I'm to give it a go at doing a live trip report. This way it will be easier for me to remember what we do. Hold fast folks, I might not be able to add photos until we get back but I'll try.

As some of you know, we had a 7 hour flight delay yesterday which nixed any chance of park time but we muddled through it. We ended up getting our APs via guest services at CityWalk which was convenient.

Day One: Universal.

Diagon Alley.......Holy crap. This place is amazing. The details are to top notch and there's no denying what they've done here. The ladies did Gringott's and they loved it. The train crossing into the other park was awesome. The only let down was Cat in the Hat. I must have missed the memo but it has almost no spinning now.

So, right now we're waiting on the girls to finish the Hulk and then it's chow time at Mel's. More to come!

draybook

Original Poster
@draybook did you see all houses ? I went to all but A v P my fav was the doll house one

Yeah, we were able to see them all with about 50 minutes to spare. I don't know what happened between last year and this year but it was crazy busy this year. Last year we went on the 20th and we didn't go in until 6:30 and we were done by a little after 10. This year we had APs so we got to catch two houses early and didn't get done until about 11:08. I think we enjoyed the Dollhouse the most and then the Walking Dead.

If you missed AvP then you didn't miss anything. It was pretty weak. Dusk til Dawn wasn't that good either.

Our only complaint about the night was how many idiots were smoking in the lines. Given that Amy and I have whatever respiratory thing is going around, it only exasperated it for her. So when we finished the last house she was feeling pretty nauseous and we left. And don't get me started on all of the loud and obnoxious drunk morons that seem to gravitate my way in the lines. Have I mentioned that I don't like people being all up on me in line?

All in all we enjoyed HHN but we were shocked at how busy it was this year.

draybook

Original Poster
Did I mention that we're the Griswolds? If it wasn't already clear then let me mention that we slept in and when I got up I changed the television to TBS. You know what was on.....yes, National Lampoon's Vacation.

Anyhow, we slept in til about 10:30. We finally got up and headed to McDonald's. Yes, that ridiculously priced one by the All Star resorts. Three Mcdoubles, a snack wrap, 2 regular fries and 4 medium sweet teas for the bargain price of only 27 bucks. What a deal! Ah well, when you're hungry you're hungry.

So we stopped at the ticket booth at the TTC to get tickets for tonight's MNSSHP with our AP discount. Yes, you read that right. This will be our 4th party of the trip. You jelly?

It's not too busy right now, with most rides hovering around 20 minutes and we're hoping that this Sunday's party is as thin as last Sunday's. Thanks for reading along folks, I'll update this some more later.

Disneydreamer23

Yeah, we were able to see them all with about 50 minutes to spare. I don't know what happened between last year and this year but it was crazy busy this year. Last year we went on the 20th and we didn't go in until 6:30 and we were done by a little after 10. This year we had APs so we got to catch two houses early and didn't get done until about 11:08. I think we enjoyed the Dollhouse the most and then the Walking Dead.

If you missed AvP then you didn't miss anything. It was pretty weak. Dusk til Dawn wasn't that good either.

Our only complaint about the night was how many idiots were smoking in the lines. Given that Amy and I have whatever respiratory thing is going around, it only exasperated it for her. So when we finished the last house she was feeling pretty nauseous and we left. And don't get me started on all of the loud and obnoxious drunk morons that seem to gravitate my way in the lines. Have I mentioned that I don't like people being all up on me in line?

All in all we enjoyed HHN but we were shocked at how busy it was this year.
I'm very glad you told me it was bad we had about 25 minutes to get in line but we were so exhausted by then so we didn't go if you're at Mickey's party tonight were there also have a great time

draybook

Original Poster
I think we've managed to walk off every bit of what we've eaten. And since we're now on the part of the trip that doesn't include free dining we're not taking in as much. So far the times have been good and I can see the crowds for this party being as light as last Sunday.

I don't see how anyone can stand to wear a costume in this heat but more power to them. I'm just glad I have this little spray bottle.

draybook

Original Poster
@draybook are u by chance a footvball player? With a black jersey? I swear I just seen you

Unfortunately no, I was supposed to be Troy Polamalu but I forgot my jersey at home. If you see two kids dressed up as Attack on Titan then you'll see me. I'm an almost 6 ft tall Mexican with a bright orange shirt on.

draybook

Original Poster
You guys were very close to getting a trip report from inside the Disney jail or holding tank. Basically, we waited 45 minutes for the BtY parade right in front of the Pecos Bill porch. Right as the parade starts these two dudes walk up behind us. Now, if you're familiar with the spot it's right in front of the Pecos Bill porch and as soon as you step down off of the porch you're at the parade rope.

It's a tight fit but it's a good way to make sure that someone isn't on your heels....or so we thought. Well, the one dude that was behind my daughter was eating basically over her shoulder and waving his arms over her too. She was getting pretty annoyed, especially since there was no reason for him to be so close given that there was nobody behind them.

So as the parade ended she took a small shuffle back to pick up her candy bag and I think her elbow may have touched him in the stomach or something. As the end of the parade is walking past us he reaches up and at the time I thought he was acting as if he was going to push her. The next thing I know, my wife is yelling at home about not touching anyone's kid.

At this point I've stepped up and told him that if he touches her then I'll be seeing him off property. He walks off like a scolded dog and his poor friend is left trying to make peace. Of course we're not angry at the friend and we told him that. It wasn't until we had walked over to Pirates that my wife and daughter told me that he actually made contact with her and lightly pushed her.

Needless to say that I've been looking for him ever since.

Runmyhorse

What draybook didn't know cause he didn't see was it wasn't lightly and he rudely told her not to touch him. Sorry but he touched the wrong kid. I simple told him I'd break his arm if he touched her again. That She Was Only 14 And To Not Touch Someone kid

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
What draybook didn't know cause he didn't see was it wasn't lightly and he rudely told her not to touch him. Sorry but he touched the wrong kid. I simple told him I'd break his arm if he touched her again. That She Was Only 14 And To Not Touch Someone kid
????

draybook

Original Poster

That's Amy. She was just clarifying that I didn't see the actual shoving. I saw him put his hands up in a pushing motion but I didn't know that he actually made contact until after the fact.

The rest of the night went fine but then Disney had to go and do something to screw it up. Gee, there's a hard ticket event that runs until midnight. Should we run the monorails, ferries and buses to get people to their cars quickly? Should we run just the monorails and buses? Nope, let's just cram them all into the ferries and them off after they've dropped their cash on that event. Seriously, I don't know who I want to punch more right now; the guy that shoved my daughter or the idiots in charge around here.

Seriously, we bought APs for both Disney and Universal this year and I'll let you decide which one we're kind of regretting right now....

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
That's Amy. She was just clarifying that I didn't see the actual shoving. I saw him put his hands up in a pushing motion but I didn't know that he actually made contact until after the fact.

The rest of the night went fine but then Disney had to go and do something to screw it up. Gee, there's a hard ticket event that runs until midnight. Should we run the monorails, ferries and buses to get people to their cars quickly? Should we run just the monorails and buses? Nope, let's just cram them all into the ferries and them off after they've dropped their cash on that event. Seriously, I don't know who I want to punch more right now; the guy that shoved my daughter or the idiots in charge around here.

Seriously, we bought APs for both Disney and Universal this year and I'll let you decide which one we're kind of regretting right now....

Gotcha. I wasn't sure how that turned out and that sounded like things didn't go well. Either way....I'm glad you didn't end up in Disney Jail or regular jail for that matter. ;)

With that being said - I'm usually a somewhat passive guy but that stuff with your daughter just makes my blood boil so if you did end up incarcerated it MAY have been worth it.

Although maybe punching someone over the post MNSSHP transportation set up may have been more satisfying.:mad:

Hope you're still having a good time. Counting down 3 more days until we're down there.

draybook

Original Poster
hey how was the weather tonight ? i will be in epcot tomorrow night..

im bringing my rain gear..hope to sample F & W even if it does pour off and on

It was hot yesterday and there was light sprinkling right before the Boo to You parade started but then it stopped. Even locals and the CMs have said that it's been unusually hot this year and I can tell.

draybook

Original Poster
So we slept in again since now 3 out of 4 of us have caught whatever is going around. We made our way to DHS and now Justin and I are waiting in the Toy Story line while the gals ride Aerosmith and ToT. But before that we grabbed a bite over at Pizza Planet. It's pretty busy today, so we keep reminding ourselves to not come this late in September again.

draybook

Original Poster
Finished our last day at DHS with a ride on Toy Story. We left and then headed to Steak N Shake for some dinner. We had the strangest waitress there. She reminded me of Janeane Garafalo and she was really kind of meh about the whole deal. It was even weirder because when we'd say thank you for whatever she wouldn't respond but instead would make eye contact and smile like the doll from Dead Silence....

Anyways, we had to hop over to Walmart after that to grab some necessities and we had to get a couple of smaller pieces of luggage for our souvenirs and candy. Anyone know if the luggage compartment of a plane stays mild enough to have ziplock bagged candy in it or should I bring it through carry on?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom