Favorite shoe choice for the parks?

DJ7203

I think sneakers would be the best choice because of comfort & support. I am just worried about going on a water ride or it raining & being stuck sloshing around in wet shoes. I don't think flip flops would be the best choice either, because they give no support at all & they could fly off on a ride. I sandals are also an option, but I worry about them hurting my feet after a few hours. Those are my only 3 options & I'm not sure which is best lol! What do you all prefer?

JIMINYCR

I've worn well broken in sneakers but I'll add Dr. Scholls inserts for added cushioning because those Disney days dont compare with my normal walking/ work days. The added padding does wonders for keeping my feet comfortable on those extra miles. I bring an extra pair of sneakers and trade off in case a pair gets wet.

Upvote 0

ZachS

I have a no ligaments in one of my knees so as much as I like flip flops I don't do well when its wet out and the flip flops are slippery. The Climacool's saved me on our last trip. They worked great in the wet weather for me. Everyone is different though.

Upvote 0

6laurac

Birkenstocks are the best, after you've worn them to your foot they become one with your foot sole. If I know I'm watching a parade and will be standing I wear new balance 860's with Throlos Expedia running socks (also wear to run in)

Upvote 0

SAV

I wear sandals and the wife and kids all wear flip flops. We have been doing it for years and never had any problems. I can't see how anyone would want to wear shoes and socks in the hot Florida weather, but everyone is different.

Upvote 0

acrab3t

Sketchers Gowalks! Light weight, comfortable and dry quickly. Feet felt great after full day and night of walking the parks. When I get back to the room at night, I soak my feet in an ice bath for a few minutes. Helps reduce any swelling and feels so good!

Upvote 0

Alexis

Personally, I wear my crocs. But I do see most in sneakers. Those are probably your best choice since you're going around water rides & worried about rain

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom