Backlot Tour Replacement

What do you want to see replace The Backlot Tour?

• Total voters

Matt7187

Original Poster
So I'm sure all of you have heard the news. The Backlot Tour is finally being put out of its misery. And I'm glad of that. The only memory of the ride I really have is when my mom and my 2 aunts were picked for the Pearl Harbor pre show thing. Other than that, no loss for me.

But here is the interestin question at needs an answer. What will replace it?

They said that the Frozen stuff will be back there for the holidays, but hopefully not longer. We know that the Backlot took up an assload of real estate. Enough for a land bigger than Diagon Alley. And you can really go any way with it. You can go the Pixar route, or you can do another way even. Now I think it is too far away for Star Wars, you could add another IP entirely.

Now, LMA isn't leaving, yet at least. Same can be said for SOA. So you can't tear those down yet.

What do you put in that space? Personally, I would do 3/4 Pixar, and save the rest for when the rest of that area gets torn up. Then add a different IP. What it would be, I don't really know. There are a lot of possibilities. Nintendo maybe, I guess if SOA and LMA are gone, you could start Lucas land. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Back to Backlot. This is also assuming they go Avatar route and say F U to budgets. Also, I'm only saying rides, no gift shop BS.

My new Pixar Land:
-Start at One Mans Dream. Insert a history of Pixar museum. And don't shy away from the downs, like the whole feud between Disney and Pixar a while back. And the movie would be an optional thing where they show the old shorts.
-Replace TSMM, but can use same ride vehicles, but without cannons. Takes you through the making of a Pixar movie. Says at the end you can go into the movies now, and can be transported into the worlds of Monsters Inc, Cars, and Toy Story
-Next to new thing I just said, a ride through the classic short films. I posted a while back an idea for a ride like this using this tech where it is like an elevator but it can spin and stuff. I forget what it is called.

Monstropolis:
-The street leading to a huge factory with a door coaster and laugh floor show
-A monsters university campus with a family dark ride and walk in dorms

Cars:
-Pretty much same as DCA, but no Luigi. Instead, some other flat ride

Toy Story:
I am dreaming here, but this is what I imagine. A big indoor building, with 2 sections. Outer space and the Wild West. Outer space has a very high tech Buzz simulator in his big space ship or a flying roller coaster. Wild West has a Woodys Roundup family ride.

Now that may seem like a lot, probably too much, but that is what I thought of. What would you guys like to see in this new space?

DinoInstitute

So I'm sure all of you have heard the news. The Backlot Tour is finally being put out of its misery. And I'm glad of that. The only memory of the ride I really have is when my mom and my 2 aunts were picked for the Pearl Harbor pre show thing. Other than that, no loss for me.

But here is the interestin question at needs an answer. What will replace it?

They said that the Frozen stuff will be back there for the holidays, but hopefully not longer. We know that the Backlot took up an assload of real estate. Enough for a land bigger than Diagon Alley. And you can really go any way with it. You can go the Pixar route, or you can do another way even. Now I think it is too far away for Star Wars, you could add another IP entirely.

Now, LMA isn't leaving, yet at least. Same can be said for SOA. So you can't tear those down yet.

What do you put in that space? Personally, I would do 3/4 Pixar, and save the rest for when the rest of that area gets torn up. Then add a different IP. What it would be, I don't really know. There are a lot of possibilities. Nintendo maybe, I guess if SOA and LMA are gone, you could start Lucas land. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Back to Backlot. This is also assuming they go Avatar route and say F U to budgets. Also, I'm only saying rides, no gift shop BS.

My new Pixar Land:
-Start at One Mans Dream. Insert a history of Pixar museum. And don't shy away from the downs, like the whole feud between Disney and Pixar a while back. And the movie would be an optional thing where they show the old shorts.
-Replace TSMM, but can use same ride vehicles, but without cannons. Takes you through the making of a Pixar movie. Says at the end you can go into the movies now, and can be transported into the worlds of Monsters Inc, Cars, and Toy Story
-Next to new thing I just said, a ride through the classic short films. I posted a while back an idea for a ride like this using this tech where it is like an elevator but it can spin and stuff. I forget what it is called.

Monstropolis:
-The street leading to a huge factory with a door coaster and laugh floor show
-A monsters university campus with a family dark ride and walk in dorms

Cars:
-Pretty much same as DCA, but no Luigi. Instead, some other flat ride

Toy Story:
I am dreaming here, but this is what I imagine. A big indoor building, with 2 sections. Outer space and the Wild West. Outer space has a very high tech Buzz simulator in his big space ship or a flying roller coaster. Wild West has a Woodys Roundup family ride.

Now that may seem like a lot, probably too much, but that is what I thought of. What would you guys like to see in this new space?
I think the big problem is that there is no confirmation on LMA yet, which is a pretty big bulk of that wasted space. There really isn't too much that you can do for now, but still some. I voted for Pixar, because I think that whole land needs a huge addition, and SW wouldn't make sense there

I heard the idea of Toy Story Playland being brought, and I think that is ok. I'm not too crazy about it.

My thoughts are very similar to yours. I would divide it into sub lands, that is if LMA was gone, with a Monstropolis, Cars, and Toy story, just like what you said!

Although, I am not really a fan of the idea for the rides that show the history of Pixar. Instead, as the entrance to the land, that colored-brick themeing that is just like their studio will begin where the pirates thing is. That would become a Pixar showcase walk-through, showing upcoming projects, old concept art, models, etc., as well as a new cafe. (and also, a I would love for a blue sky cellar to go into OMD, but that's kind of different).

TS would be in that same general area, with a family flat ride (maybe slinky dog) TSMM (of course) and then move Pizza Planet over here, with the theming just like is in the movie. Those two would go in the Studio 1 area.

I also really like the idea for a round-up dark ride. But Buzz already has one in MK.

Monstropolis would have the theming of when Mike and Sully are walking to work in the beginning of the movie. Just the street themeing. Then, at some point in the road would be the Monsters Inc. building that houses the door coaster. It would be considerably thrilling. There will also be M&SttR along the road, and would have the same Monstropolis Transit theme.

Lastly, Cars Land. RSR and Mater's would stay, and Luigis would also go in my thoughts. That is because I think it can't work in FL, and I would prefer another ride: Filmore's Canyon Tours! I heard this concept thrown around a while back by someone whom I can't remember, but basically similar vehicles to SBT, but shorter and themed to Filmore, and you depart his Hipie-place-thing to go on a tour of the RS canyons. There will be some great animatronics, and then of course the finale at Catastrophe Canyon.

That's my thoughts! I would love to see that someday! I do like SoA, and think some dark rides that fit the theme (Marvel if ever, maybe BH6), and so some room could probably be saved also like you said.

DinoInstitute

*Also, maybe have a nemo land instead of one of those.

This idea I had a bit ago, and move the DAK show here, and also the nemo ride at Epcot for a big pavilion refurb. And then maybe a fish-swing ride. I think that could be cool.

And with shows, I could see the laugh floor moving there, but might miss it at MK

Tom

Beta Return
They need to use this park to showcase animation, Pixar and their other IPs. Epcot needs to stay Epcot. MK needs to maintain it's course.

Studios needs expanded Pixar Place, Star Wars Land and whatever Frozen stuff they want to do. Keep Frozen out of Epcot.

TB4244

There's no stopping that Avalanche.

But I'd like to see something Wall-E themed in a new pixar area. A simulator ride maybe? The queue could be through the trashed remains of the Earth and the exit would, of course be a BnL gift shop.

But I'm certainly up for more Star Wars, just please no JarJar... A cool cantina restaurant, more rides and better merchandise. Oh and attention to detail on the character costumes would be nice too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom