Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

GiveMeTheMusic

I agree that the current Paint The Night music sounds great, but needs some editing and reworking for the Disneyland USA audience. Especially since some of the Hong Kong track is borrowed from Soundsational, which will apparently continue running in the afternoon in 2015.

But then I also have to think that the Paint The Night soundtrack sounds very of its time. It's obviously influenced by current pop music, and it sounds like the mid 2010's. Night parades at Disney's American parks typically run for at least two decades (SpectroMagic), sometimes for three decades or more (MSEP).

It might be better if the Disneyland version of this parade had a more timeless sound to the soundtrack. If Paint The Night runs as long as SpectroMagic it would last into the 2030's. If Paint The Night becomes a fan favorite and runs as long as the MSEP did, it will run until the summer of 2055. But then 2055 would be Disneyland's 100th Anniversary, and I bet they'll get a new night parade for the 100th. So Paint The Night might be retired in the fall of 2054 in anticipation of a new night parade in spring, 2055.

With Paint The Night running that long, we wouldn't want it saddled with a soundtrack that sounds very much like most pop songs of the mid 2010's, with a 2014 dance club beat and painfully Auto-Tuned lyrics. The current Paint The Night soundtrack will sound dated and dumb in the 2020's, might get a pop of nostalgia in the mid 2040's, but then be downright hokey and embarassing by the 2050's.

I'm going to bookmark this thread and dig it up in the fall of 2054 to see if I'm right.

I think the point was to mimic MSEP, whose soundtrack was VERY much of its time in the 70's with its (frankly unbearable) moog music. This was a conscious choice to create a soundtrack for an "electronic" parade using today's matching music vocabulary. Like MSEP's creators, I don't think timelessness is a concern at this point, for better or worse.

And dear God, if PTN is still running in the 2050's, I'll be the most vocal complainer there is. This 40 year parade BS has GOT to STOP.

Figments Friend

I think a score similar to DLPs *Fantillusion* would work well for a DL version of *Paint The Night*.
It has a regal sound, mimics the musical bounce of the familiar MSEP theme, and could be re-recorded in segments to fit the musical themes of the new floats.

Of course, something entirely new and exclusive just for DL would be great.
*Parade of Dreams* is still my favorite Disney Parade ever....and a lush score similar to that would be a plus.

Figments Friend

Make sure to share what you find/see in the newly opened Blue Sky Cellar! ;)

Oh of course....i would be happy to, but by the time i return home after a week in Anaheim it will likely already be *old news*.
So i will leave it up to the tech savvy fans to share the immediate info and photos.
My imput will likely not be relevant by the time i am able to share.

SierraR

I'd love to see what kinds of new things they bring in for the 60th! I was there for the 50th and it was amazing! Im sure it wont be to that scale but it will be cool to see!

stevehousse

Seems like they are trying to get everything ready my May 15. I really hope that stands true. As I would love to keep my plans for a late May DL vacation, I would definitely push it back if it meant more stuff to be open. Luigis looks to be closed most of year but I wasn't all that interested in that ride to begin with so I'm ok with that!

As for paint the night, I just hope they still keep the paint the night section if the parade music in even if it doesn't stop...that's the best part of the music for that parade! Can't wait to hear more!

lazyboy97o

I like how they mention Mystic Manor and Ratatouille as comparisons for the new zluigi's ride, but not the ride it will really be like, the less than thrilling Aquatopia. Did somebody not want people realizing that Disney's first stateside LPS attraction would just be flat, mostly empty ground?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I like how they mention Mystic Manor and Ratatouille as comparisons for the new zluigi's ride, but not the ride it will really be like, the less than thrilling Aquatopia. Did somebody not want people realizing that Disney's first stateside LPS attraction would just be flat, mostly empty ground?
I was thinking it would be similar to Teacups or Mater's or the Lady Bug Boogie but trackless. As the cars will be dancing around each other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom