Unsanitary situations in WDW

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
And then they go and install these....

image.jpg

awheartsdw

Based upon the time that I developed them, I got the chicken pox (as an adult) after a visit to DW in 2006. I don't know if I was exposed on the plane or whilst visiting DW, but within days of returning home, I had the pox. It was a nuisance, they were annoying, but regardless of the amount of Purell that people use, the germs are still everywhere. It's you that you can trust to wash your hands and be hygienic, it's others that you can't. That's unfortunate.

Tigger1988

Based upon the time that I developed them, I got the chicken pox (as an adult) after a visit to DW in 2006. I don't know if I was exposed on the plane or whilst visiting DW, but within days of returning home, I had the pox. It was a nuisance, they were annoying, but regardless of the amount of Purell that people use, the germs are still everywhere. It's you that you can trust to wash your hands and be hygienic, it's others that you can't. That's unfortunate.
Purell cannot prevent chicken pox nor is it advertised as doing such...

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I read recently that either the CDC or the WHO is concerned that the constant usage of hand sanitizers and anti-bacterial soap is negating the effectiveness of our immune systems and thus making us more susceptible to germs, especially the super bugs that are responsible for infections like MRSA. That is why pediatricians stopped giving antibiotics as routine treatment for ear infections. I had ear infections as a child, never got an antibiotic and my hearing is okay - selective, but okay. One of the best ways to avoid getting sick, besides avoiding sick people - WASH YOUR HANDS - AFTER YOU USE THE BATHROOM, BEFORE YOU EAT AND/OR HANDLE FOOD AND ANY TIME YOU'VE TOUCHED SOMETHING YOU AREN'T SURE ABOUT. AND DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE WITH YOUR HANDS IF YOU'VE NOT WASHED THEM- we must touch our faces dozens of times throughout the day. Wash with just soap and water - it is the action of washing and rinsing that removes germs on your hands, not the antibacterial quality of the soap - which most antibacterial soaps don't have a strong enough ingredient to kill germs. And the main ingredient in hand sanitizers is alcohol, which is drying to skin and not what you want to do to the skin on your hands, since the skin acts as a barrier. All simple things I learned in health class and my parents taught me. Do they even have health class in school any more? Or did it go the way of PE.

I very rarely get colds anymore - and I go to Disney every couple of months. Can't remember when I last had the flu - and I don't get flu shots. Guess I'm lucky - I grew up when kids were still allowed to play outside and get dirty (and build up that immune system).

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
My biggest pet peeve (this applies anywhere not just at WDW but the behavior seems to be an especially rampant there) is when males use the bathroom stalls instead of the urinals to pee and do not lift up the seat. Really? How hard is it to lift up the seat so that the person who actually has to sit down and use the toilet after you does not have to sit in your pee? Even if you think it is gross to have to touch the seat with your hand, you could grab a piece of tp and lift it up with that. Cuz it is far more disgusting for me to have to wipe your from the toilet seat and sit down knowing there is still urine residue there. This seems to be especially problematic in the MK. Maybe because there may be more kids in attendance there? I don't know but it definitely makes the most magical place on earth a bit less magical for me.

Also hear you on the changing the diaper on the restaurant table. Saw a women do that at the Electric Umbrella. Just about lost my lunch. I don't get it. Were these people raised in a barn?

I can explain the lifting the seat thing. Why should Male A lift the seat and dirty his hands so that Male B will not have to dirty his hands?

It all goes back to the "me" mentality when people are on vacation.

Not sure why you feel that would be perfectly fine, even from a distance. I'm not saying I'd throw up, but many people have a more sensitive gag reflex and tolerance for human feces during dinner.

It certainly would be a possibility for others to find a baby being changed in their field of vision a reason to get a little nauseous.
Perhaps the diaper was simply wet and not full of crap as you suggest.
Casue Disney doo is magical.
You have such an elegant way of explaining dung.

That sounds dangerous in addition to disgusting; do you know how many pins and stuff are dropped? Yikes!
And for this reason alone Disney Pins should be banned. ;)

Baldy

some people try not to let their diseases run their lives. when i was on chemo, i tried to live my life as normally as i could. if i had had a trip to disney planned, i would have gone and worn a mask.
I went in between two cycles of chemo and survived (both the Cancer and Disney germs). No mask, no wheelchair, no special treatment - I didn't move very fast, but it made me feel like a normal person instead of a human pincushion. I had such a great time, I've been back every year since.
Post-chemo trip number 8 coming up this Aug.:D

copcarguyp71

I went in between two cycles of chemo and survived (both the Cancer and Disney germs). No mask, no wheelchair, no special treatment - I didn't move very fast, but it made me feel like a normal person instead of a human pincushion. I had such a great time, I've been back every year since.
Post-chemo trip number 8 coming up this Aug.:D

Congrats!!!!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
I can explain the lifting the seat thing. Why should Male A lift the seat and dirty his hands so that Male B will not have to dirty his hands?

Honestly.. Why hasn't a sensor been invented where you wave you hand in front of to bring the toilet seat up automatically? We get automatic flushing, but not an automatic toilet seat-up position? Come on! \(-.-)/

unkadug

Honestly.. Why hasn't a sensor been invented where you wave you hand in front of to bring the toilet seat up automatically? We get automatic flushing, but not an automatic toilet seat-up position? Come on! \(-.-)/
Excellent idea. When the sensor detects a male member approaching... the seat lifts. When the sensor detects a butt... it lowers the seat! :hilarious:

Can you imagine the algorithm that this would entail?

copcarguyp71

I ALWAYS use my shoe (with foot in it) to lift or lower the toilet seat of a public restroom if necessary...anyone who has not figured that out by now quite frankly is a mouth breather and natural selection should rightfully take hold if they use their hands to adjust the seat.

4disneylovers

I don't even know what to say ...this thread has made me laugh the whole way through.

I just want the guys to know that it's not just their bathroom that has the tinkle on the seat issue. We women deal with it all the time too. Can you not look before you leave?

That and the not washing hands after using restroom are just disgusting.

We carry sanitizer for those eeew moments when a soap and sink are not readily available.

unkadug

I ALWAYS use my shoe (with foot in it) to lift or lower the toilet seat of a public restroom if necessary...anyone who has not figured that out by now quite frankly is a mouth breather and natural selection should rightfully take hold if they use their hands to adjust the seat.
So now I have your shoe germs all over my butt...thanks a lot buddy!

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom