Should we have an official HHN24 thread to share the news?

Matt7187

Depending on how much you love Harry Potter and how much you must do the new HP expansion at Uni you can save a lot of money if you did Islands of Adventure on the 9th and added the HHN ticket to your IoA ticket. Being a weekday you will be able to do all of IoA in the day, get there at opening and there won't be any lines for most of the morning, and then you can do Uni while doing HHN. All the rides, except Potter and ET, will be open for HHN. If you do most everything during HHN you won't need to spend the money on another ticket for Uni (except if you really want to do Potter 2.0).

Just a thought.
That is what we were actually planning to do. IOA on the 9th, Uni on the 10th, and a bit of both on the 11th.

ryan1

Personally, I don't think you will need the 3rd day, save your money and spend the $90+/- somewhere else. If it isn't crowded, and early Oct won't be, IoA and Uni are 2/3 day parks. You'll get most of Uni done during HHN and for sure get the rest done the next day. If you haven't bought the 3rd day ticket yet I would hold off.

Maybe others on this thread will differ from me on that but last year 4 of us did everything at IoA by 3pm and then went back to the hotel to get ready for HHN that same night. That was on a Sunday.

Matt7187

Personally, I don't think you will need the 3rd day, save your money and spend the $90+/- somewhere else. If it isn't crowded, and early Oct won't be, IoA and Uni are 2/3 day parks. You'll get most of Uni done during HHN and for sure get the rest done the next day. If you haven't bought the 3rd day ticket yet I would hold off.

Maybe others on this thread will differ from me on that but last year 4 of us did everything at IoA by 3pm and then went back to the hotel to get ready for HHN that same night. That was on a Sunday.
I am pretty sure we already got the tickets, but I'm not sure.
Also, only my dad and I would be going to HHN, my mom and sister wouldn't, so we would need that one day at Uni for them to ride the things there. And I just feel like I would want to ride everything a lot, but I don't know

mergatroid

Original Poster
Are there videos anywhere of the houses from the media preview? I would like to see the houses before I decide if I want to go. I am not a huge fan of being scared, so I would like to see what it will be like beforehand

Can't see any but I imagine these previous houses will give you an idea how scarey things get

mergatroid

Original Poster
Some more daylight shots of the 'Scare Zones' and how they're coming along. Don't watch if you don't want the surprise spoiling obviously.

tribbleorlfl

Any indication on the storyline for the AVP house? Love, love, love the Alien films and the AVP comics, thought the AVP movies were utter garbage.

71jason

Any indication on the storyline for the AVP house? Love, love, love the Alien films and the AVP comics, thought the AVP movies were utter garbage.

Set in an earth-bound Wyland research facility; predictions are it will look a lot like Nostromo, but no solid leaks yet.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Well we're here in Orlando now but we're leaving it till tomorrow before doing HHN. Anyone going tonight for the grand opening?

mergatroid

Original Poster
Went. Halloween and AvP are spectacular, Dollhouse is creepy disturbing and genuinely scary. Neither Roanoke nor Dracula Untold wowed me.

Going back tonight.

Might see you there then, we're arriving around 4 to pick up our tickets and eat at CW before starting to queue. Hoping to do several houses tonight along with all scare zones and both shows. I've promised my wife we'll do MIB too as she loves that ride but if the line to it is more than 20 mins she's agreed to skip it. Enjoy

ryan1

Planning on going Oct 5. So glad to hear Halloween and Dollhouse are good as they are the ones I'm most looking forward to. We are getting pumped for this year. Overall looks to be solid.

I'm not expecting much out of Dracula but the others seem like they have promise.

We've done MIB every time and haven't seen it with more than a 10 min wait no matter what time of night.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Halloween #1 by far. AvP and Dollhouse both strong, Roanoke cast improved the second night. Between Dollhouse and Halloween for scariest. But Dollhouse just disturbing the entire way through.

We've not done Dollhouse, Dracula, Walking Dead or Halloween yet. Going on Thursday again to do them and have a 3rd visit the following week. One of the best effects for me was in Dusk till Dawn where we got a little 'wet' (don't want to spoil it), just wondered if anyone else experienced that or we just got lucky with the timing?

JT3000

We've not done Dollhouse, Dracula, Walking Dead or Halloween yet. Going on Thursday again to do them and have a 3rd visit the following week. One of the best effects for me was in Dusk till Dawn where we got a little 'wet' (don't want to spoil it), just wondered if anyone else experienced that or we just got lucky with the timing?

Not sure what you're referring to, but I got a nasty surprise in another house. When a button says Do Not
Press, you shouldn't press it. I learned this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom