MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Trekkie101

Few things can be updated to be confirmed/news on the first post:

Christmas / Halloween expansions - press release is already out for Halloween, Xmas will quickly follow. Both feature at least a new float + new meet & greets + new experience.

Newport Phase 2 is part of phase 1 now oddly and well underway.

New York hotel and Disneyland Hotel have been confirmed by DLP. New York like the Newport is also getting a "star bump" so apparently it'll be a tad more deluxe. (Who knows, they may warm the pool :p)

Seasonal dreams is an odd one. As far as I know - we have a few Halloween scenes saved but never used but Christmas is confirmed as a seasonal show again.

ST2, BTM and SM train change are all semi confirmed, in that DLP say it'll be inevitable, if not soon. The new SM trains are sitting backstage - I suspect theres a technical issue, two long rehabs in the last year, neither time seen a migration.

TSMM, Soarin, Avengers, Marvel, all come from the same deluded guy.

Star Wars expansion may likely be on the cards though, due to European support of the IP, movies due out, closure of Captain EO - we think an inside Jedi Training Academy / Meet & Greet may be on the cards.

A frozen-esque thing is due at the Chaparral theatre for Xmas, not a show, not a meet and greet soley, sing along or something maybe?

Spring and Summer were judged as a success and will likely have better marketing support next year.

Magicbands are also being discussed, although to strip news from rumour here is hard.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Newport Phase 2 is part of phase 1 now oddly and well underway.

Do you know if Newport is getting a new concierge lounge like Sequoia and when it might open?

TSMM, Soarin, Avengers, Marvel, all come from the same deluded guy.

I still think TSMM is a no-brainer addition to the park. It would make Play Land more of a true land and also give the park another family friendly dark ride.

A frozen-esque thing is due at the Chaparral theatre for Xmas, not a show, not a meet and greet soley, sing along or something maybe?

They just tested a sing-along today in Videopolis. My guess is that realtes to what you say here.

Trekkie101

Newport always had the admirals floor, I'd imagine it getting more plussing, they're desperate to up gauge it. Its the one hotel that never inspires or delivers at DLP, hence the whole convention thing being tossed onto it. It's also financed slightly differently to the rest. After the BBC Watchdog nonsense, they've pulled the majority of dates / time scales. Its all very vague. Can't blame them.

TSMM is a great addition to any park, I imagine it would fit perfectly into TSPL, but then again, more Toy Story in that park before a bit more fleshing out on the "backlot"? The park would be terribly one sided.

The Frozen sing along in Videopolis, was a tad unexpected! Chaparral is being done up. Theres no way theres expenditure on that if its not about to be used. Could just be the usual Mickey/Minnie show for Xmas, but Frozen prints money and the insider cast seem to hint to Frozen.

The Empress Lilly

The pirate swung again! Great show scene still.

In fact, a great many rides all over DLP looked like a charm. The place is really being done up nicely lately.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster

In fact, a great many rides all over DLP looked like a charm. The place is really being done up nicely lately.

I saw a report on Pirates that said it looks good. Makes me look forward to Phantom Manor getting a couple weeks of work done in November (just in time for my trip!).

Nice to see all the fresh paint and repaving on twitter.

Sans Souci

This is good to hear. I am moving to London in the next month or so, this is going to be my "home park" for the next three to five years.

HolleBolleGijs

I saw a report on Pirates that said it looks good. Makes me look forward to Phantom Manor getting a couple weeks of work done in November (just in time for my trip!).

Pirates looks GREAT. Although it was my first time riding the DLP version, so I may have been a tad distracted. Small world on the other hand...that was a mess.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Pirates looks GREAT. Although it was my first time riding the DLP version, so I may have been a tad distracted. Small world on the other hand...that was a mess.

Small World is closing from Oct 1 -17 so hopefully it will be fixed up then (and probably get its Holiday makeover soon).

HolleBolleGijs

Also, they were filming something at Disneyland Park today. I didn't see any cameras, but there were a few signs around. Anyone know what it might have been for?

The Empress Lilly

Also, they were filming something at Disneyland Park today. I didn't see any cameras, but there were a few signs around. Anyone know what it might have been for?
Like this one? They have these signs out quite often. One would guess for legal reasons. There is never anything to see, at most just the odd promo photo being taken.

Attachments

• Paris Septembre 2014 011.JPG
    Paris Septembre 2014 011.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 133

Bolna

So far it is only the UK site that has migrated. The German site is still the really old version and the French site is still the last version. Totally bizarre, you change the language and get a different website...

The Empress Lilly

All that freshening up really makes a difference. DLP feels so much nicer than just a few years ago. Like DL around its fiftieth, it is amazing what a quick turnaround a Disney resort can make.

I took this picture this month. A reminder of how much MS used to look like even recently, and that there is still a lot of catching up to be done. But there is definitely a positive vibe. There is a lot of painting and refurbishment going on, the new Rat area is great, and I've had the good fortune (and timing) to see both the Spring, Summer and Halloween decorations and shows this year, who were all well done.

Paris aout 14 014.JPG

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
All that freshening up really makes a difference. DLP feels so much nicer than just a few years ago. Like DL around its fiftieth, it is amazing what a quick turnaround a Disney resort can make.

I took this picture this month. A reminder of how much MS used to look like even recently, and that there is still a lot of catching up to be done. But there is definitely a positive vibe. There is a lot of painting and refurbishment going on, the new Rat area is great, and I've had the good fortune (and timing) to see both the Spring, Summer and Halloween decorations and shows this year, who were all well done.

No doubt there's still work to be done (the Frontierland RR station had its shingles fall off earlier this year, which is why there's a net over the roof now) but at least it's getting done, bit by bit.

By the 25th Anniversary in 2017, the parks, hotels and Disney Village should all look very good. :)

The Empress Lilly

No doubt there's still work to be done (the Frontierland RR station had its shingles fall off earlier this year, which is why there's a net over the roof now) but at least it's getting done, bit by bit.

By the 25th Anniversary in 2017, the parks, hotels and Disney Village should all look very good. :)
I took pics of that roof, was indeed wondering what was going on there. There are more nets there than in the whole of DAK! In fact, entire Frontierland west looks like a rundown ghost town. As does, incidentally, the rest of Frontierland, but this time not out of deliberate design. :p

Paris aout 14 019.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom