Disneyland's 60th Birthday: Rumors, Speculation and News

Maryssa*

I think this parade is visually stunning!! I'm just more a fan of Spectro-style symphonic, emotional music than the MSEP cutesy beat.

Figments Friend

So I watched the full parade and the Cars section I don't mind but it seems very static compared to all the movement going on with the other floats. Event the Monsters' float has the doors that spinning. I'm not very familiar with Spectro were there more more nods to that parade besides the balls that Goofy, Donald and Goofy were on? I saw those and it screamed Spectro to me.

Same here regarding 'SpectroMagic'.....immediately thought of the 'Spectromen' puttering around on their giant domed vehicles when i saw that segment.
It fits well in the context of this parade, and the updated light patterns make effective use of the shape ( like the Mickey silhouette that scrolls by once in a while...).

Cesar R M

Expect this parade, plus a few new units, and some repurposed units from Jubilation :)
in before they add the castle float too! :hilarious:
zufLMZS.gif

Last edited:

ddd8170

I believe the Peter Pan float is backstage among others, but not sure what the others are and how many there are.
I'd be willing to bet that the Pocahontas/Pooh unit, from jubilation, makes it as well. The front of that would look stunning, if converted to a night-parade unit.

Mike K

While, dates are not officially announced with the exception of May 2015, will the 60th Anniversary festivities be for the entire year or summer? I only ask because my wife and I are hoping to celebrate our first anniversary in Disneyland and want to be sure to be there for the fun. We're thinking the first week of June. Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Travel Junkie

While, dates are not officially announced with the exception of May 2015, will the 60th Anniversary festivities be for the entire year or summer? I only ask because my wife and I are hoping to celebrate our first anniversary in Disneyland and want to be sure to be there for the fun. We're thinking the first week of June. Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

I imagine it will be a year or more. The 50th Anniversary celebration lasted 18 months I believe.

stevehousse

I'm not sure if they will though as some parts of Paint the Night's soundtrack are the exact same as Soundsational.
What parts are the same? The only parade music I hear from another is the MSEP music in the background here and there...which I do like!

TP2000

I agree that the current Paint The Night music sounds great, but needs some editing and reworking for the Disneyland USA audience. Especially since some of the Hong Kong track is borrowed from Soundsational, which will apparently continue running in the afternoon in 2015.

But then I also have to think that the Paint The Night soundtrack sounds very of its time. It's obviously influenced by current pop music, and it sounds like the mid 2010's. Night parades at Disney's American parks typically run for at least two decades (SpectroMagic), sometimes for three decades or more (MSEP).

It might be better if the Disneyland version of this parade had a more timeless sound to the soundtrack. If Paint The Night runs as long as SpectroMagic it would last into the 2030's. If Paint The Night becomes a fan favorite and runs as long as the MSEP did, it will run until the summer of 2055. But then 2055 would be Disneyland's 100th Anniversary, and I bet they'll get a new night parade for the 100th. So Paint The Night might be retired in the fall of 2054 in anticipation of a new night parade in spring, 2055.

With Paint The Night running that long, we wouldn't want it saddled with a soundtrack that sounds very much like most pop songs of the mid 2010's, with a 2014 dance club beat and painfully Auto-Tuned lyrics. The current Paint The Night soundtrack will sound dated and dumb in the 2020's, might get a pop of nostalgia in the mid 2040's, but then be downright hokey and embarassing by the 2050's.

I'm going to bookmark this thread and dig it up in the fall of 2054 to see if I'm right.

Crazydisneyfanluke

I agree that the current Paint The Night music sounds great, but needs some editing and reworking for the Disneyland USA audience. Especially since some of the Hong Kong track is borrowed from Soundsational, which will apparently continue running in the afternoon in 2015.

But then I also have to think that the Paint The Night soundtrack sounds very of its time. It's obviously influenced by current pop music, and it sounds like the mid 2010's. Night parades at Disney's American parks typically run for at least two decades (SpectroMagic), sometimes for three decades or more (MSEP).

It might be better if the Disneyland version of this parade had a more timeless sound to the soundtrack. If Paint The Night runs as long as SpectroMagic it would last into the 2030's. If Paint The Night becomes a fan favorite and runs as long as the MSEP did, it will run until the summer of 2055. But then 2055 would be Disneyland's 100th Anniversary, and I bet they'll get a new night parade for the 100th. So Paint The Night might be retired in the fall of 2054 in anticipation of a new night parade in spring, 2055.

With Paint The Night running that long, we wouldn't want it saddled with a soundtrack that sounds very much like most pop songs of the mid 2010's, with a 2014 dance club beat and painfully Auto-Tuned lyrics. The current Paint The Night soundtrack will sound dated and dumb in the 2020's, might get a pop of nostalgia in the mid 2040's, but then be downright hokey and embarassing by the 2050's.

I'm going to bookmark this thread and dig it up in the fall of 2054 to see if I'm right.
Wouldn't they rework the music like they did in MSEP?

wdrive

What parts are the same? The only parade music I hear from another is the MSEP music in the background here and there...which I do like!

There are small segments that borrow from Soundsational, I can't get on YouTube right now to find the music but I will soon. Festival of Fantasy has some of Soundsational's music as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom