Frozen Swatter?

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
wicked.jpg

OK, not really, but with all the Frozen hullabaloo, the movie adaption moving forward, and Universal Orlando having all the sets from when it was in Universal Studios Japan, I think the timing is right to turn the Twister building into a Broadway style theater and putting the shortend version of Wicked in there and put this out front.

wicked+marquee.JPG

Imagine that, a Broadway show in the New York City area of the THEME park. No shoehorn necessary.

wicked_02.jpg

wicked-defy8.jpg

And they could sell interactive wands.

$(KGrHqN,!q8FGUqId2Q!BRn5JZFPGw~~60_35.JPG

Here is the recent news about the movie.

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/114586/20140920/wicked-the-musical-movie-adaptation.htm

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

No, there is a wizard so it should go in Diagon Alley. :banghead:

Given the success of the show I almost wonder if a shorter version could work with paid admission (that is appropriately priced) in CityWalk.

Disneyhead'71

Original Poster
No, there is a wizard so it should go in Diagon Alley. :banghead:

Given the success of the show I almost wonder if a shorter version could work with paid admission (that is appropriately priced) in CityWalk.
Well, they could certainly turn FFL into:

111884_2_preview.jpg

It's playing London's West End now.

danpam1024

My people won't even go on Twister anymore, it's time is up for our family. I still find it relevant for the "Studios" aspect of the parks- shows some of the "movie magic"- kind of like Alfred Hitchcock Presents did.

Animaniac93-98

UNI could always do what Vegas did with Phantom. Make a 90-95 minute version to play in the BMG theatre with better FX and sell seperate tickets for it.

misterID

UNI's Frozen swatter = The bulldozer clearing the Kong plot.

Wait, I think they already did that...

Frozen swatter = The truck laying the cement for Kong.

I like the Wicked idea.

misterID

An idea...Remember the holographic 2PAC? Universal should replace Blue Man with an Elvis show using that technology. The press would be mind-boggling.

It actually fits Orlando, too. There used to be an Elvis Presley museum on International Drive with his plane the Lisa Marie and it stayed packed. People came from all over the world to see it. (they did kind of destroy it though by ripping out souvenirs)

StageFrenzy

An idea...Remember the holographic 2PAC? Universal should replace Blue Man with an Elvis show using that technology. The press would be mind-boggling.

It actually fits Orlando, too. There used to be an Elvis Presley museum on International Drive with his plane the Lisa Marie and it stayed packed. People came from all over the world to see it. (they did kind of destroy it though by ripping out souvenirs)

Elvis shows don’t necessarily sell, even in destinations where people come from all over the world.

JustInTime

This will not happen. There is no way. I would love it! But it won't. The show does too well when it comes to Orlando. And the movie is about another decade away from happening. The show is doing great on it's own. When the ticket sales slip a little they will kick the film into high gear to boost it back up again.

misterID

Sorry Elvis has been dead and gone for a long time and his fans are dying off now. Everything has a shelf life and he is just not a draw for many people under 40. 40 is to be kind it's more like 60.

Don't believe me??? Ask some younger people if they even know who Elvis was.
Speaking of morbid it's a dying audience.

Kids not knowing who Elvis is? Fanbase dying off? I forgot, no one knows who The Beatles are. Or James Dean, all of his fans must be dead by now. Jim Morrison and Jimi Hendrix? It can't be possible they're more popular today than when they died... Who's Bob Marley again? This is such a silly argument it's not worth arguing over. Too petty. It was a mistake to bring it up.

They're making this show (the holographic Digital Domain Elvis show) anyway, and it looks like it's going on tour. I guess we'll see if no one knows who Elvis is... Or they wheel in corpses. (They did do a study and over 30% of the Elvis fanbase is under 35, fwiw.)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...s-joins-michael-jackson-as-hologram/14622567/
http://www.mtv.com/news/1686733/elvis-hologram/

JT3000

Sorry Elvis has been dead and gone for a long time and his fans are dying off now. Everything has a shelf life and he is just not a draw for many people under 40. 40 is to be kind it's more like 60.

Don't believe me??? Ask some younger people if they even know who Elvis was.

Let's not underestimate the knowledge of younger people now. I'm sure all but the absolute youngest Americans have heard of Elvis and have a basic idea of what he was about. Same goes for most of the people misterID named. With that said, most young people aren't going to have an invested interest in them. I don't have any statistics to back that up, but I think it's a fair assumption based on my own experience with the under 30 crowd (which includes myself.) You'll probably find a decent number who listen to The Beatles at least casually. Elvis? Not so much.

Personally, I'd rather see BMG stay put than have any of these ideas implemented. I've already seen it several times, but I find it much more appealing. Besides, if anyone wants a new show at Universal, they should be pushing for a Fear Factor replacement first. Twister needs to go, but I don't know if you can actually fit anything like this there.

EDIT: Speaking of Fear Factor, that entire theater badly needs a refurbishment of some sort before a new show can be installed. In addition to all its other shortcomings, the sound system seems to be going. I can only understand half of what the Bill & Ted characters are saying these days.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom