Confused with Booking Fast Passes...Help!

SpaceMtn#1

Original Poster
My Disney tickets came in the mail today just in time for me to start booking fast passes for the first day of our trip. I am not finding the app easy to use at all.

There are two people in my party (me and my husband). First I booked us each the same three rides, Space Mtn, Peter Pan, and Winnie the Pooh. Then I decided to switch one of those rides to a different one, but only for my husband. I switched my husband's Space Mtn to Splash Mtn. But when I click on My Reservations, it says I have 4 experiences booked for the day. That makes sense because that Is a total of 4 rides. But when I click on Pooh and Peter Pan, which we're both supposed to have fast passes for, it only lists one of us as having it. So thinking I made some sort of mistake I go back to the fast pass booking section. But when I get to where I click on each of our names and see our list of passes, the list is correct showing my fast passes for me as Space, Pooh, and Peter Pan and my husband's as Pooh, Peter Pan, and Splash. Why does the My Reservation area not match this? Which one is correct? What am I doing wrong??

SpaceMtn#1

Original Poster
Ok I'll try that. So is the app known for having issues? There goes the convenience factor of using your phone to modify your fast passes while at the parks then!

SAV

On our trip, I used the app while at the parks/resort with no issue. I think the suggestion is to get things set up via the computer first. Then become more familiar with the app as time goes on and then you will find it simple to use on your trip.

SpaceMtn#1

Original Poster
Ohhhh, okay sorry for my misunderstanding. I still think the app should be more user friendly. I finally was able to get to a computer and it turns out my fast passes were set up correctly. Thanks for the help!

Tom

Beta Return
Even when on site, the app can be crap. All kinds of issues for me and other members of my party today :mad:

That's a bummer.

We must have been very lucky over the past two trips. Over the course of a 10-day trip in March and a 5-day trip in August, we experienced absolutely no issues, from the day we booked FP+ through the ends of the trips. I guess we're fortunate.

DisneyGigi

Even when on site, the app can be crap. All kinds of issues for me and other members of my party today :mad:

I agree, it was horrid while we were there. I gave up on using the wifi and switched to my provider and data but it still would stall and do nothing. They seriously need to work on it.

me_stitch

Premium Member
On our trip, I used the app while at the parks/resort with no issue. I think the suggestion is to get things set up via the computer first. Then become more familiar with the app as time goes on and then you will find it simple to use on your trip.
quick question, can I use my three fp's at say AK, and then book my next fp using my phone while on my way to HS for example?

Grumpy-Fan

I have my resort and dining reservations made; Do I have to have my tickets as well to make my FP choices at the 60 day mark? How long does it usually take to get the tickets in the mail after ordering. I`m 77 days out.

stevehousse

I have my resort and dining reservations made; Do I have to have my tickets as well to make my FP choices at the 60 day mark? How long does it usually take to get the tickets in the mail after ordering. I`m 77 days out.
Do u have a vacation package or just a resort reservation with tickets purchased separately?

If you have a vacation package, you won't recieve physical tickets, they will automatically appear on the MDE and you can do it at 60 days.

If you purchased tickets seperately, it really depends on who you bought them from and when. Most ticket sites usually take 2 weeks at the most. Once you receive them you can link and do it at 60 days or whenever you obtain your tickets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom