Pretty Disheartening

kettcobb

Original Poster
I'm not sure I'm going to be a huge fan of the FastPass+.

We bought our tickets independently so can only book 30 days ahead. We don't actually go until Dec 10th but have just linked our tickets to the disney experience app.

Looking at times and dates for 30 days from today there is basically no chance of getting 7DMT or A & E which is a real shame. I'm sure it's been discussed to death already and the obvious response is to buy a package next time so I can book 60 days in advance.

No real reason to post this apart from to air frustrations!

docdebbi

as captain hook said, it's not where you bought them but whether you are on property or off. if you are on property you can still book at 60 days. so if so, get moving, i would think it would be right around now.

DisneyJoe

the obvious response is to buy a package next time so I can book 60 days in advance.
As the others stated, on-site gets you 60 days, either a package reservation or a room only.

Tip - try to book those high demand items for late in your trip, as those who arrive before you will have possibly booked days near the beginning of your trip due to overlap of days.

cbettua

If it's any consolation, I am booked on-site and at the 60 day mark I couldn't get A&E. I read somewhere there are only 7 fastpasses given out an hour for them.

kettcobb

Original Poster
Good point about where you're staying, I even knew it was that but guess I'm having a bad day.

Good tip, thank you. I guess it will be a case of keep checking back but failing that just being smart about when to go in the normal queue.

7 an hour doesn't seem a huge amount, it would be interesting to see how many guests get to see them each day.

SpaceMtn#1

As someone who almost always stays off site, I kind of hate Fast Pass+ already too. I don't care about Frozen, but I do want to ride Mine Train and I'm worried about not getting a pass for it since I can only book 30 days out.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
My son got fastpasses for 7DMT while riding the bus from WL to MK this morning. He even had a choice of two times!

My mother and I got in the standby line at 9:15 this morning and we were boarding the mine train at 9:50. Throughout today the standby line never was longer than 50 minutes.

So stay hopeful!

SpaceMtn#1

Everybody seems to forget about standby lines :banghead:
Get to the park early !!

I haven't forgotten about standby lines. We plan to get to the parks early, but this is our first trip with our son who is 1 and it's a little daunting to have to plan every moment of our trip so far in advance when you're bringing an unpredictable toddler along. Our pace will be slower with him and I don't feel like rushing like mad to the back of the park at rope drop. Having a fast pass would just be a little extra insurance that we will at least get to ride once.

Anyway I was only able to check our first day of our trip today, so hopefully we can get a fast pass on one of our other days at MK. Rushing to the standby line at rope drop definitely isn't an option our first day as my son will be getting his first haircut at the barbershop at 9 AM.

kettcobb

Original Poster
Good to hear the standby lines for 7DMT got no longer than 50 minutes. I'm more hopeful now! I had visions of 120 minute waits all the time!

DisneyGirl3820

My 30-day mark is today and as the clock struck midnight, I scrambled to check 7DMT availability and got a Fastpass! Don't give up as the others have said. I was SURE I wasn't going to get a Fastpass but it happened and I even got the exact time I wanted. Also, a lot of people change their plans, etc. even up to the day they have Fastpasses for so don't be disheartened. I also want to add that if you're going on Dec 10th, it's usually pretty good as far as crowd levels unlike towards the end of the month. Good luck!!

Last edited:

ninjaprincesst

If it's any consolation, I am booked on-site and at the 60 day mark I couldn't get A&E. I read somewhere there are only 7 fastpasses given out an hour for
If it's any consolation, I am booked on-site and at the 60 day mark I couldn't get A&E. I read somewhere there are only 7 fastpasses given out an hour for them.
That can't be true as my brother in law just scored fastpasses last night for their family of nine.

PigletIsMyCat

i have the MDE app on my phone and was not having luck at 50ish days out. thought i'd never get the mine train, but i checked every morning when i woke up (like, still lying in bed) and ended up getting a few options on at least three days for FP+ for the mine train. still no luck with anna and elsa, but my dh doesn't want to wait for photos because we'll be the only childless people in a long line. he obviously still cares what people think about him :rolleyes:

Dwarful

Everybody seems to forget about standby lines :banghead:
Get to the park early !!

hopefully it has calmed down a bit. When we were there in June right after it opened it was crazy. We were always at the park at least 40 minutes before park opening to get a close spot to the front walk....we did have FPs and planned on doing standby...but every day it was down in the morning and the standby lines got crazy long.

Good luck and don't give up!

ninjaprincesst

i have the MDE app on my phone and was not having luck at 50ish days out. thought i'd never get the mine train, but i checked every morning when i woke up (like, still lying in bed) and ended up getting a few options on at least three days for FP+ for the mine train. still no luck with anna and elsa, but my dh doesn't want to wait for photos because we'll be the only childless people in a long line. he obviously still cares what people think about him :rolleyes:
I seriously doubt you would be the only childless people. lol

mammaminnie

Definitely keep checking back..I was able to get an A&E fast pass for November at the 55 day mark. As people mess with their plans stuff will always change and can pop back open.

durangojim

Keep checking every day. at my 60 day mark I was only able to get 7dmt for one of our 5 days. I now have it for 4 of our 5 days. They do open up, you just have to be dilligent. Like others have said, there's always standby, which really is no different than how it used to be with FPs for popular attractions being used up first thing in the morning like Soarin and Midway Mania. I prefer the new system to the old.

DisneyGirl3820

Are you guys just going to the "Change Fastpass+" page and then hitting "change experience?" Or are you also fooling around with the times and then changing the experience. I feel like I'm doing something wrong since I keep seeing the same attractions listed. I am at the 24 day mark so I don't expect much but I was just hopeful something would open up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom