Airlines....

pixeemom

Original Poster
I posted a day ago about booking with two different airlines for going and coming home but now my other concern is or question is..........
do most people like to stick to a specific airline?
i usually fly SW or JB, but I am getting a decent price with US Airways, and I am very nervous....omg I'm sorry to sound like a child but I need some reassurance pleaseeeeeeee

Jahona

I usually fly American to the east coast and Southwest to the west coast. I might try southwest now that they are flying non-stop to Orlando from DFW. I don't really have a brand loyalty, like someone else mentioned I fly the cheapest I can find for the most part.

NYwdwfan

JB and SW are a tad more money right now also their coming home flights are sold out :(

I would go with US Air - from where I fly they are always triple the price so I haven't used them in years but I would if they were priced competitively!

CAPTAIN HOOK

If it gets me from the UK into Orlando at a cheaper price than the competition then I'll fly it. If its no good then I'll spend a bit more next time

dadddio

Until EVA starts flying from Nashville to Orlando, I'll choose whichever airline gets me there cheapest, preferably without changing planes. The last several trips, we've just blown off the airlines and made the drive.

Rob562

I also have no qualms at all about booking different airlines for different parts of a trip. Just be aware of the varying fees on different airlines (free baggage allowance on a couple airlines vs. paying for checked luggage on most, for example).

Even when I book the same airline in both directions, I usually end up booking them as separate one-way reservations anyway. Sometimes it's because the available booking schedule ends mid-trip, and often it's because one leg is really cheap and I want to lock in the price, but I'm willing to sit and wait to book the other leg to see if the price goes down.

-Rob

fugawe09

Personally, I stick with Southwest as much as possible because I like their system. They are not always the cheapest, but for the frequency that I fly (a few times a year) it makes sense to stick with one airline because I have the opportunity to actually reach the rewards threshold of a free flight now and then. If I spread my business among multiple airlines I would never get enough points/miles for anything on any of them. I've done the math and for me the numbers work. This may not matter to you depending on your flying habits.

Flying different airlines on the to and from trips shouldn't be an issue. Just make sure you read all the rules because bag fees, bag sizes, too-fat-for-one-seat guidelines, etc vary by airline. I would not switch airlines in the middle of a one-way trip because sometimes that means running between terminals.

Plowboy

We used to fly UAL almost exclusively, but not anymore. It has gotten to the point where I just can't handle dealing with them anymore.

I have to qualify my comments by saying that we fly on "points". It has gotten increasingly difficult to book flights, so much so that once we've reached 90000 points and we book our next flight to Maui we'll be dropping the United credit card and going strictly with our Southwest card.

Within the last several years every trip we've booked in the lower 48 with United has resulted in a near meltdown due to their inability to stick with an itinerary as it was booked. The record currently stands at 3 rebooked itineraries for one trip due to United's continual changing of it's flt #'s, flt times, flt cancellations, etc. Additionally their customer service isn't worth a sh*t.

We've never had these types of troubles when we fly Southwest and I have to say they have become our carrier of choice due to superior scheduling, great customer service, no cancellations fees, free bags, etc.

HollyAD

Flying SW down and US back from MCO. Have only flown AT in the past. No trouble with booking DME. I think booking flights is like a game and I always try to get what is the best deal. The more I save on flights the better chance I have at having more money in my WDW budget!

pixeemom

Original Poster
Thank you allllllllll for your replies, for some reason, I didn't get notifications that I had any replies :( so forgive me for not replying sooner.
I wound up getting a great flight on JB for 373.00 R/T and the times are perfect.....and I am glad I booked because the flight is now up to 459.00 :eek:

MorganKelly

IMHO book with the airline that offers the best deal. Lately for us it has been Southwest. USAirways is our predominant carrier by far. We have used both about equally.

NeverEnufDisney

Best deal and best service is my motto. While most airlines service has declined over the years, I find USAirways to have been the most problematic for me, delays, attendants being inconsiderate, and all sorts of annoyances. Perhaps when their merge with American is over and the dust settles, things may improve there.

DisneyJoe

I've heard some mixed stories about JetBlue, mainly regarding making sure that that they fly often enough between the two airports that you are flying. I've heard of people needing to wait a day or more due to bad weather since there weren't enough planes to service the market.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I usually fly American to the east coast and Southwest to the west coast. I might try southwest now that they are flying non-stop to Orlando from DFW. I don't really have a brand loyalty, like someone else mentioned I fly the cheapest I can find for the most part.
When did SW start flying out of DFW? I thought they were only flying out of Dallas Love Field?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I posted a day ago about booking with two different airlines for going and coming home but now my other concern is or question is..........
do most people like to stick to a specific airline?
i usually fly SW or JB, but I am getting a decent price with US Airways, and I am very nervous....omg I'm sorry to sound like a child but I need some reassurance pleaseeeeeeee
In the last 7 years of regular flying, I have never been stranded by Southwest. They may get you there in the early hours the next morning, but if its not a weather caused issue, they get you where you are going. I have heard so many horror stories of people flying United and American and getting a call or text the day of saying their flight is cancelled and they are being rebooked on the next available flight. To me, that is ridiculous. So, If Southwest goes there, Im on their plane.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom