Pin Trading question

kdl121

Original Poster
I know, there are all sorts of websites out there to answer pin trading questions. But I'm actually more curious about the pin trading itself. I read somewhere that all (or most?) of the cast members have lanyards (some have kids-only, others have all-ages) with pins you can trade. What I wanna know is, when you're new to pin trading, is it awkward walking up to a cast member and saying "Hey, could I trade with you?" or however you're supposed to phrase it?

NeedMoreMickey

I'm 55 and love pin trading. I usually have a list of pins to look for from my sister's kids and I also collect Chip & Dale pins. Even the management people have pins and we won't hesitate to stop them and trade.

kdl121

Original Poster
I'm 55 and love pin trading. I usually have a list of pins to look for from my sister's kids and I also collect Chip & Dale pins. Even the management people have pins and we won't hesitate to stop them and trade.

The management people? Cool! And that's really nice that you would look for pins for your nieces and nephews :)

mamabunny

Just remember that CMs with green lanyards trade only with children. We always carry a few dupes with us, and love to give them to kids we meet (while waiting in lines, on the buses, etc.) and introduce them to pin trading! :)

NormC

We always carry a few dupes with us, and love to give them to kids we meet (while waiting in lines, on the buses, etc.) and introduce them to pin trading! :)
I do that as well. I have had kids want to trade from my lanyard as well but usually those are mostly keepers. I keep a few traders on it now but the rest are in a bag. I gave some to kids on a bus one day. They had just got their lanyards and a few pins so I gave them some that matched their collections. Great to see their smiles. All four of us have themes that we collect.

kdl121

Original Poster
Just remember that CMs with green lanyards trade only with children. We always carry a few dupes with us, and love to give them to kids we meet (while waiting in lines, on the buses, etc.) and introduce them to pin trading! :)

Aww, that's amazing! I was thinking about getting some for my little cousins ... I'm not sure what age is old enough to start collecting though. (By the time I go, they will be ages 8-6-6-4-3-3) ... If I get a pin for a couple of them, I would have to get a pin for all of them, otherwise it doesn't seem fair.

Tinkerkelle

This is just what I was looking for! Husband's cousin bought a starter set for her son and he loved it on their last visit, we've bought a few pins on trips but never traded or even bought a lanyard. Wanted to know how easy it is to trade and the tip about the coloured lanyard is really useful @mamabunny thanks.

edgeman

It has been a while since I have been to WDW. Do they still have trading binders where you just sort of thumb through and swap with anything you can find? I know my daughter, who hasn't been there since early 2010 is going to love getting rid of her Cheetah Girls and Camp Rock pins. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom