Studio Backlot Tour Closing on September 27, 2014

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I'm extremely happy to see the Backlot Tour be put out of its misery. At the same time, it'll be a shame to see those familiar red trams go. The Backlot Tour was such a great attraction in its heyday, and was often the highlight of my day at the park. But it's been sooooo embarrassing over the last couple of years. I cringe when I hear them say "You never know who or what you'll see on the Backlot Tour!" - as if it's still 1993. o_O

Oriolesmagic

I'm honestly so excited about this move. I understand that it might be a place of nostalgia for those who remember what the old Studio Tour used to be like. (I do not, when did things start changing for the worse?)

The amount of space this opens up is tremendous and I really think this is the first step towards a (Don't laugh too hard) DCA-like transformation for the studios. Take out American Idol/Sounds Dangerous and Indiana Jones to commit to a truly Potter-threatening Star Wars area. Then take the whole back area of the park, from the old Hunchback Theater to LMA to the Backlot Tour and make two Pixar themed areas (with room for another in the future).

Is this all likely? Probably not with the way Disney is run now. But this is just the type of move Disney needs to make if it wants to keep pace with its neighbors down the road.

Mike S

Dang...I would not think it's star wars land then....I hope it's not Carsland, but it probably is. I would guess 4 years at least to open? A year after avatar?
If Disney opens something big in DHS the year after Avatar that would be quite a few things coming in succession: Frozen Maelstrom in 2016 :depressed:, Avatar 2017, this in 2018 then Star Wars in 2019 or 2020. WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?! :eek:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
If Disney opens something big in DHS the year after Avatar that would be 3 years in a row they opened something: Frozen Maelstrom in 2016 :depressed:, Avatar 2017, this in 2018 then Star Wars in 2019 or 2020. WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?! :eek:

That is not that unrealistic. Really, it is all due (except for location of Frozen :p).

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Nothing to be excited about, they've just closed it so they have room to have a permanent Frozen meet and greet and shop until Maelstrom is finished. WDW is *all* about Frozen, dontcha know.

SNL_1350_09_Debbie_Downer.jpg

CDavid

Well, this closure coming right now surprises me just a bit, and its further puzzling that LMA apparently survives (for now, at least). Between this and American Idol, that's a lot of attraction capacity closed in a park already woefully short of attractions (hence, can't see this just being budget related).

Gee, attraction closure news two Fridays in a row.

PhotoDave219

Well, this closure coming right now surprises me just a bit, and its further puzzling that LMA apparently survives (for now, at least). Between this and American Idol, that's a lot of attraction capacity closed in a park already woefully short of attractions (hence, can't see this just being budget related).
Thats odd. However, we've had rumors of them closing for more than a year now.... so we'll see how this goes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom