What is the Significance of 9/27?

ImagineerDude

Well the only thing I can think of for this year is that it's a Saturday but other than that I really don't know and I hadn't really thought about that either!

FettFan

September is the last gasping breath of Vacation Season. The mega crowds are gone, the Brazilians are effectively waxed, and everything is going into slower mode.

ParentsOf4

PI closed 9/27
EPCOT Entertainment is done 9/27
Now backlot tour is closing 9/27

What's the deal? It's the end of the 3rd quarter is the only correlation I can make...
End of the fiscal year?
Looks to be the end of the fiscal year.

Disney's 2008 fiscal year ended Saturday, September 27.

Disney's 2009 fiscal year ended Saturday, October 3.

Disney's 2010 fiscal year ended Saturday, October 2.

Disney's 2011 fiscal year ended Saturday, October 1.

Disney's 2012 fiscal year ended Saturday, September 29.

Disney's 2013 fiscal year ended Saturday, September 28.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Uh, please no, TMI. I'm just glad they will be gone when we return next month.....

Maybe next year they will all go to Universal to see Diagon Alley and I can be free to wander around the parks without getting run over by a group of 60 teenagers.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
If Disney's fiscal year starts October 1st, which is strange because most corporations fiscal years mimic the federal tax year - January to December - 9/27 wouldn't be the last day since 9/30 falls on a work week day. So says the accountant.

Rob562

If Disney's fiscal year starts October 1st, which is strange because most corporations fiscal years mimic the federal tax year - January to December - 9/27 wouldn't be the last day since 9/30 falls on a work week day. So says the accountant.

True, but if work schedules are made out by the week, Saturday the 27th is the end of the last complete workweek within the fiscal year. Otherwise you'd have people working a location for three days and then nothing.

-Rob

copcarguyp71

Ooooo....I found the answer on the interweb!!!
EKS-Day-2014-Square-Logo.jpg

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Disney's fiscal year ends 9/30. They are not on a calendar year. I am thinking that the person above that mentioned payroll cycles is probably on to something. If the pay cycle starts on a Sunday then 9/27 would be the end of the last pay cycle of the fiscal year.

Goofnut1980

I work in purchasing with a world wide chemical distribution company, and our fiscal year ends end of Sept as well.. It's after busy season... started that way in the 70s, and still is to this day. Makes sense to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom