What is the best part about Christmas at Coronado Springs?

Dafid Duck

Original Poster
My wife, 17 year old daughter, both in laws and myself are staying at Coronado Springs over Christmas. We have never been there but have stayed at or visited other on site resorts over the holidays before. What can we expect to see? Lots of poinsettias? Caroling mariachi? Any pictures would be greatly appreciated as well.

BTW Buzz- Thanks for your Coronado Springs info site. I just have trouble loading it in on my phone.

Last edited:

Dafid Duck

Original Poster
We will be there the 19th through the 26th. Had you been there before? Any holidays surprises besides decorations?

75disney

Besides the beautiful decorations, we really enjoyed sitting out side near the lake and listening to Christmas carols in Spanish. You will be singing Feliz Navidad all day. The resort is gorgeous without the Christmas decorations, but it is even prettier during the Christmas season. Enjoy the resort and take some time to soak in the beauty of the resort; you will need to rejuvenate after crazy days in the parks.

copcarguyp71

IMO the best part if I had to name one thing is the ambiance. I really
Love the feeling like you are not having the parks shoved down your throat the whole time. I don't mean that the way it sounds but I like the true resort feel and it feels like you have left the parks and come back to an oasis instead of coming back to an extension of the parks. It just might be the way my brain works but there you have it...my #1 reason. A very close second is no shared busses though!

MMDVC

Wow that is really festive for the holidays. Thanks for posting your pics! I love finding the Gingerbread displays thru-out the entire resort every year. My favorite was discovering the Tiki Bar with Gingerbread men as the Bartenders at the Polynesian one year. Also loved the Santa in the Gingerbread Display in the Tutto Italia Restaurant at Epcot. The Liberty Tree Tavern used to have a Colonial Village Display with the local town drunk but i noticed it was not there last holiday season.
I will def visit Coronado Springs this season . It looks like it will be worth the effort to relax and listen to the holiday music in Spanish.

Last edited:

Dafid Duck

Original Poster
Wow that is really festive for the holidays. Thanks for posting your pics! I love finding the Gingerbread displays thru-out the entire resort every year. My favorite was discovering the Tiki Bar with Gingerbread men as the Bartenders at the Polynesian one year. Also loved the Santa in the Gingerbread Display in the Tutto Italia Restaurant at Epcot. The Liberty Tree Tavern used to have a Colonial Village Display with the local town drunk but i noticed it was not there last holiday season.
I will def visit Coronado Springs this season . It looks like it will be worth the effort to relax and listen to the holiday music in Spanish.

Is it recorded Spanish Christmas music over the speakers or are there any live performers?

MMDVC

Probably recorded. The different resorts have holiday music themed to the era or location they represent.
POP Century is fun to hear I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus and Grandma got run over by a reindeer... just for example!

jazzinator

They did have a cute snowman diorama contest last year!

Attachments

• DSCF0947.JPG
    DSCF0947.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 40

Matt_Black

We will be there the 19th through the 26th. Had you been there before? Any holidays surprises besides decorations?

I believe on Christmas Day characters come out to meet. They do this at all the resorts, with a character appropriate for the resort, if I'm not mistaken. Certainly, many resorts do have characters in special Christmas garb during the season, not just Christmas day (I met Santa Stitch at AKL in 2012 after eating at Sanaa), so it's kind of a luck/ timing thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom