Quick Read - USDOT Letter about I-4 Off Ramp

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Looks like there's some fun going on between Congressman Daniel Webster and the USDOT's FHA about the ramp from I-4 into Disney Springs. Interesting back and forth.

Basically, the Congressman is accusing DOT of dragging their feet and DOT is saying that RCID didnt provide enough information for all the studies to be completed.

Here's the PDF -> http://www.floridatrend.com/public/userfiles/news/pdfs/Dept-of-Transp-I-4-OffRampReedyCreek.pdf

My favorite part? In DOT's letter (page 1)

"The RCID stated they do not have traffic data to support how much traffic is coming into Downtown Disney via S.R. 535, which is one of the primary reasons for this project."

Second favorite part? In Webster's letter (page 4 of the PDF) is that its "a Nine Figure Redevelopment".

Jason Garcia, now of Florida Trend Magazine, dug all this up.

Mouse Detective

Even though I-4 is part of the interstate system and the federal government paid most of the cost of building it, why would they be involved in this? I-4 is a state road (SR 400), not a federal road.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Even though I-4 is part of the interstate system and the federal government paid most of the cost of building it, why would they be involved in this? I-4 is a state road (SR 400), not a federal road.

I didnt read it that close. Something to do with the ongoing studies on I-4 and the expansion that supposed to start this year

matt9112

Looks like there's some fun going on between Congressman Daniel Webster and the USDOT's FHA about the ramp from I-4 into Disney Springs. Interesting back and forth.

Basically, the Congressman is accusing DOT of dragging their feet and DOT is saying that RCID didnt provide enough information for all the studies to be completed.

Here's the PDF -> http://www.floridatrend.com/public/userfiles/news/pdfs/Dept-of-Transp-I-4-OffRampReedyCreek.pdf

My favorite part? In DOT's letter (page 1)

"The RCID stated they do not have traffic data to support how much traffic is coming into Downtown Disney via S.R. 535, which is one of the primary reasons for this project."

Second favorite part? In Webster's letter (page 4 of the PDF) is that its "a Nine Figure Redevelopment".

Jason Garcia, now of Florida Trend Magazine, dug all this up.

You walk all up in the forums dropping knowledge like a pimp...outstanding :)

ABQ

This guy:
220px-Daniel_Webster%2C_Official_Portrait%2C_112th_Congress.jpg

Is an insult to

this guy:
220px-Daniel_Webster_-_circa_1847.jpg

Will the real Daniel Webster please stand up. If even as an undead zombie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom