Any Suggestions

Haniel

I'm planing a Disney World trip including myself, my wife and kids(4 and 2) for early February and staying Sunday through Thursday(that being the cheapest stay). I've read several post about the weather and what I've gathered is cool mornings and nights, warm days but weather is unpredictable. Ive looked for promotions but have not found many. My plan is to stay away from package unless it becomes cheaper or better to make it a package deal.
(1)I plan on staying at AoA or ASMo. ASMo is cheaper but for about 100 more dollars I get what seems like better rooms and transportation to and from park(your thoughts, worth the upgrade?).
(2)Best Tickets I've seen have been through undercovertourist (309 for 4 day + 1). Should I wait to see if a better deal comes around? Is that a great deal and I should buy now? Any better promotion? If I get tickets I'm assuming I cant return if a better deal comes along.
(3)As far as a meal plan goes, I think I read you must have a package to get the meal plan. Please correct me if I'm wrong. My wife and I went about five years ago and I remember purchasing a meal plan at the park. We were not staying at the resort and where able to have two meals if I'm not mistaking. Is this something that they offer at the park? Is the meal plan offered with the resorts also good at the parks?

This will definitely kick of the planning stage for me. Thanks in advance for any info. or tips.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm planing a Disney World trip including myself, my wife and kids(4 and 2) for early February and staying Sunday through Thursday(that being the cheapest stay). I've read several post about the weather and what I've gathered is cool mornings and nights, warm days but weather is unpredictable. Ive looked for promotions but have not found many. My plan is to stay away from package unless it becomes cheaper or better to make it a package deal.
(1)I plan on staying at AoA or ASMo. ASMo is cheaper but for about 100 more dollars I get what seems like better rooms and transportation to and from park(your thoughts, worth the upgrade?).
(2)Best Tickets I've seen have been through undercovertourist (309 for 4 day + 1). Should I wait to see if a better deal comes around? Is that a great deal and I should buy now? Any better promotion? If I get tickets I'm assuming I cant return if a better deal comes along.
(3)As far as a meal plan goes, I think I read you must have a package to get the meal plan. Please correct me if I'm wrong. My wife and I went about five years ago and I remember purchasing a meal plan at the park. We were not staying at the resort and where able to have two meals if I'm not mistaking. Is this something that they offer at the park? Is the meal plan offered with the resorts also good at the parks?

This will definitely kick of the planning stage for me. Thanks in advance for any info. or tips.
You must be staying at a Disney Resort and have purchased the DP with your room. The DP credits are tied to the number of people in your room, and the number of nights of your stay. They do not offer it at the parks, however the meal plans are all valid at the parks and Disney resorts as well as most venues (all?) at DTD.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

It may be the way you've written this, but all Disney transportation is the same (bus) whether you're staying at a Deluxe or Value Resort

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
It may be the way you've written this, but all Disney transportation is the same (bus) whether you're staying at a Deluxe or Value Resort
Well...sortof.

The All Stars share busses, so that can complicate transit times. Other resorts also share from time to time (POFQ and POR, for example), or have long transit through the resort adding to transit times (POR and CBR). Also, 3 of the Deluxe resorts have Monorail access to MK and Epcot.

Also, other resorts have boat access. WL, for example, to MK.

And then there's the Swolphin (DP not available for there) and Boardwalk / Beach / Yacht club that have boat access to HS and Epcot, and walking access to both as well (though, only Epcot is really feasible, it's a haul to HS, especially from Yacht and Beach)

In my opinion, AoA / Pop has the best of the Bus Only resort transit systems. Unified bus stops (no internal stops) and the fact that they are both isolated, but separated by a short walk, which gives you the option to choose which resort line to take back to your hotel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Thanks for the prompt reply. So even if you don't buy the park tickets with the resort stay as a package, you can get a Dinning plan?
That is correct. However, the DP MUST be purchased with your resort booking. But, you are not required to add tickets to this package.

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm not sure how Undercover Tourist does it, as I always buy through Disney, but with respect to your ticket question, if you book through Disney and they release a "deal" later, you can call up and they will adjust your package.

HOWEVER, they aren't going to INFORM you of the deal...it's up to you to keep track of their specials (or just do what I do and call and review the package every few weeks!).

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
February is not as warm as you may think. We went last February (2013) and it was freezing - low 30s at night. I was wearing long pants, turtleneck, sweater and jacket and ended up adding a Mickey hoodie to my ensemble, I was so cold. If there is one last blast of winter cold in Florida, it usually is February.

As far as resort discounts for that time of year, they typically come out in the fall, around October, I believe. With regards to transportation, yes, all of the All Stars share a bus, but I've noticed that if it's a busy time, then each will have a bus to the Magic Kingdom. We stayed in one of the family suites in the All Star Music over the Labor Day weekend and the only time we had to wait longer than 15 minutes for a bus was for the Halloween Party that Monday. And the buses weren't full, either. I'd also look at the Family Suites at All Star Music. There are only 25 of them and they go fast.

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yes you do have to add tickets as well. The only way you do not have to add tickets to get a dining plan (even if it's room only) is if your a passholder or DVC member on a DVC stay. :)
You may be correct. I've never NOT done the package without tickets...So, scratch my statement.

However, you CAN get away with buying say...a one day ticket, but having the DP throughout your stay. This I know for a fact (because, I've done it before).

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
You may be correct. I've never NOT done the package without tickets...So, scratch my statement.

However, you CAN get away with buying say...a one day ticket, but having the DP throughout your stay. This I know for a fact (because, I've done it before).
Yes you can do that but they now make you do more than one day I believe. It's either 2-3. I know someone mentioned this recently but don't quote me. Lol :)

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yes you can do that but they now make you do more than one day I believe. It's either 2-3. I know someone mentioned this recently but don't quote me. Lol :)
You can do one day. I just did it on their site for a 7 day stay and a 1 day ticket just to confirm (and because I was curious), and yes, you are 100% correct, you need to purchase MYW which includes at least a 1 day ticket to qualify for the DP.

Made it all the way to checkout without an issue.

But, to clarify this for the OP. The DP, once purchased, is NOT tied to the number of days on your ticket, rather the number of nights you are staying AT THAT resort. So, if you resort hop, you'll need a second reservation, new dining plan, and a second one day (minimum) ticket to get your DP over there. The two Dining Plans will not be linked, and your unused credits will NOT carry over.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

You can do one day. I just did it on their site for a 7 day stay and a 1 day ticket just to confirm (and because I was curious), and yes, you are 100% correct, you need to purchase MYW which includes at least a 1 day ticket to qualify for the DP.

Made it all the way to checkout without an issue.
Oh okay cool! Thanks for clarifying that it's still 1 day needed to add dining. :)

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

It's a good little tidbit to know! Especially if you can get discount tickets through AAA, MWR (it's a military thing) or other sources, but still want the convenience of the DP (I'm a HUGE fan of the DP).
Yes me too regardless what others say. Me and DH usually would do a room only discount and then add the dining and tickets. We saved more doing the room discount being it was just 2 of us because we would stay at Deluxe/Deluxe Villa resorts. Now we are DVC members and we STILL add the dining plan to all of our stays. TIW just does not work for us being we usually go only once a year or every other year. Also we like the majority of what we eat is already paid for! :)

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yes me too regardless what others say. Me and DH usually would do a room only discount and then add the dining and tickets. We saved more doing the room discount being it was just 2 of us because we would stay at Deluxe/Deluxe Villa resorts. Now we are DVC members and we STILL add the dining plan to all of our stays. TIW just does not work for us being we usually go only once a year or every other year. Also we like the majority of what we eat is already paid for! :)
That last statement is a huge reason why I get it as well. If I didn't, I'd be far more price conscious when I eat (even if I don't come out ahead with the DP), and that takes away some of the gluttonous fun!

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Exactly! Lol :hungry:. I have kept our receipts and usually we break even or save some from paying OOP. But even if we don't save hey its our "vacation" and me who is all about saving money any other time allows myself to relax and not worry about that while we are vacationing! :)

Upvote 0

Courtney6682

February is not as warm as you may think. We went last February (2013) and it was freezing - low 30s at night. I was wearing long pants, turtleneck, sweater and jacket and ended up adding a Mickey hoodie to my ensemble, I was so cold. If there is one last blast of winter cold in Florida, it usually is February.

Totally off subject...just being nosy.... but we were also there in Feb of 2013...and it was cold! I wore long pants most of the time..and only my daughter swam lol...we were at Poly...where were you?

Upvote 0

JillC LI

If it were me, I'd say stay at the resort that you prefer for reasons other than transportation, and find a rental car at a discounted price if you are looking for convenience and short trips to and from the parks (with the exception of the MK where Disney transportation may be more convenient because of the TTA). We did not rent a car on our first trip but we have on every subsequent trip and will continue to do so. It's not a necessity but it sure is nice (especially with kids the age of yours who will presumably be using strollers and who will not want to stand on Disney buses as is often required).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom