Survivor: San Juan Del Sur- Blood vs. Water II

PUSH

I would definately see him out soon. Although, I haven't seen those...only the recap of the first BvW and then the into the jungle song
Before the NFL season started I saw some commericals with Ciera and Laura from BvW 1. But ever since I started watching games on CBS, the John Rocker story has taken over.

NYwdwfan

Before the NFL season started I saw some commericals with Ciera and Laura from BvW 1. But ever since I started watching games on CBS, the John Rocker story has taken over.

Maybe I live in my sports fan bubble - but I don't understand how these people don't recognize professional athletes they see them.

PUSH

Maybe I live in my sports fan bubble - but I don't understand how these people don't recognize professional athletes they see them.
To be honest, I had no idea who John Rocker was before Survivor. Or Cliff Robinson. For non-sports fans, it'd be pretty easy to not know what someone looks like. The only sports person that I would have recognized would be Jimmy Johnson. I haven't even gotten to his season yet, but I heard he was pretty awful.

NYwdwfan

To be honest, I had no idea who John Rocker was before Survivor. Or Cliff Robinson. For non-sports fans, it'd be pretty easy to not know what someone looks like. The only sports person that I would have recognized would be Jimmy Johnson. I haven't even gotten to his season yet, but I heard he was pretty awful.

You're young yet - you'll be surprised in 20 years how many random sports faces you recognize - in leagues you don't even watch - just from seeing highlights and news stories throughout the years.

I'm not a basketball fan but a 7 foot tall guy walks into the beach named "Cliff" and I would immediately start going through my brain trying to make a match. I'd like to think I would have recognized Jeff Kent but in a remote location, out of uniform, he may have just looked like a regular person.

PUSH

Spencer Bledsoe (Cagayan) did a pre-season power rankings for this year's cast. I thought some of you might like to see it since Spencer was a favorite of several of us last season. Also if I leave it here I'll remember to read it myself, since I don't have the time right now!

PUSH

Spencer Bledsoe (Cagayan) did a pre-season power rankings for this year's cast. I thought some of you might like to see it since Spencer was a favorite of several of us last season. Also if I leave it here I'll remember to read it myself, since I don't have the time right now!
Whoops.... I forgot to post the link. :facepalm:

NYwdwfan

Premiere is TOMORROW!
hurray.gif

PUSH

The first episode lacked something. I don't know what it was, but it lacked something. I do think Dale (I think that's the right name) got a hidden immunity idol by taking it off the well. Val could be looking for nothing at this point. I also am not sure I like the whole Exile Island thing. I'm new to the concept, so maybe I'll get used to it.

I didn't take a particular liking to anyone so far like I did to Spencer last season. His tweets during tonight's episode were hilarious, though. On of his tweets read, "Keith only knows Jeremy's name. #TeamTV only DIDN'T know Jeremy's name #Survivor" TeamTV is referring to Tony. :hilarious:

SAV

Agree that Dale does have an idol, but doesn't know it.

You can tell Rocker was a professional athlete. Dude is a beast.

They did make a good choice with voting her off. Mostly because Dale didn't deserve to go just because of his age. He is useful around camp and did get the fire started.

I love that it was an hour and a half to start it out. Gave a little more time to show us everyone and some camp life.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I agree, I liked the episode.

I initially liked Dale a lot, and the other old guy I kid of like.

If he has an idol, I would be surprised because it didn't come with any sort of note. I hope so though.

I find it funny Nadia (or Natily, whoever) was the first gone. Definitely not what the producers wanted:p And TV seasons in a row, first gone. I didn't like her anyways though. Hopefully we'll get some fireworks when the other twinnie hears the news. Speaking of which, are any of you Amazing Race fans?

The season preview also seemed pretty good, looking forward to a good season.

PUSH

I agree, I liked the episode.

I initially liked Dale a lot, and the other old guy I kid of like.

If he has an idol, I would be surprised because it didn't come with any sort of note. I hope so though.

I find it funny Nadia (or Natily, whoever) was the first gone. Definitely not what the producers wanted:p And TV seasons in a row, first gone. I didn't like her anyways though. Hopefully we'll get some fireworks when the other twinnie hears the news. Speaking of which, are any of you Amazing Race fans?

The season preview also seemed pretty good, looking forward to a good season.
I think the Idol may have been intended to help out the first person to Exile Island, because Val would have been the clear target. Ultimately, it didn't play out that way, but leaving a note would have made it a lot easier for just anyone to grab it. Exile Island could be a blessing in disguise if they give anymore clues out.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I think the Idol may have been intended to help out the first person to Exile Island, because Val would have been the clear target. Ultimately, it didn't play out that way, but leaving a note would have made it a lot easier for just anyone to grab it. Exile Island could be a blessing in disguise if they give anymore clues out.
That's a good point. I'd think though that there'd be some sort of engraving. We'll see.

And there's a lot of pressure on Val to do well this season too....There are three seasons on CBS of strategic gameplay each year, a survivor, a big brother, and then another survivor. And the first two were won by cops.
Let's go!:p

Mawg

Agree that Dale does have an idol, but doesn't know it.

You can tell Rocker was a professional athlete. Dude is a beast.

They did make a good choice with voting her off. Mostly because Dale didn't deserve to go just because of his age. He is useful around camp and did get the fire started.

I love that it was an hour and a half to start it out. Gave a little more time to show us everyone and some camp life.
I don't think Dale has the idol, Looking at the clue there are two parts to it, Water and Dig. I think this year the idol is two parts you have to put together and he only has half an Idol or that each token will help you find the real idol and he only has one token so far. The hidden idol seems different to me this year.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
The thing with the idol is, recently, people don't need a clue to find it that often. The fact that at Exile she got a clue, makes me think that it would be much more hidden then what it was. Although, that same point could mean it really is it.

Mawg

I don't think Dale has the idol, Looking at the clue there are two parts to it, Water and Dig. I think this year the idol is two parts you have to put together and he only has half an Idol or that each token will help you find the real idol and he only has one token so far. The hidden idol seems different to me this year.
To reply to myself, having an idol made up of two parts is a very interesting concept because the parts could land in different hands but the idol is only good for one person. Could be interesting.

Mawg

Also, the clue could have ended up in the hands of a person from either camp. This means there are two idols one in each camp (there always are) but the same clues will find both of them. Each camp has a water well so it makes since that it would be there. But I still think it is only half of the idol. The other half is found by digging according to the clue. There has to be a common place to dig at both of the camps. Maybe near their flags that were already there when they arrived.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom