Disney confirms 'Frozen' makeover coming to Epcot's Norway Pavilion

Mr Anderson

The back and forth is very amusing.

The people who are in favor of Frozen for Epcot can't explain how it fits in Epcot.

If it was such a good fit then it should be easy to explain.
YUP YUP YUP YUP YUP!!! OHHHHHHH!!!
eGVraXg4MTI=_o_sesame-street-martians-sad.jpg

(translation: the martians agree)

misterID

also Frozen to me is the best replacement for maelstrom since its going..its close enough of a property in regards to culture..

even booked FP for maelstrom for monday so i can enjoy it again:cool:

i dont mind princesses at all;)
And this opinion is the reason why all those great additions that were planned like the Mysterious Island/Beastly Kingdom hybrid for AK will never happen. Why the Imagination! abomination still remains. Why the Monster INC. coaster that was planned for DHS will be going to another park. Why do they need to do anything like those projects when they can slap a new coat of paint and AA on an existing attraction and people will just swallow it?

I don't understand helping TDO/TWDC justify their crappy, horrible, cheap, dismissive decisions in regards to WDW.

I was never comfortable with Spirit's terms in regards to certain WDW fans, but good God, now that I see it for myself in the extremes that I've seen in this thread... he was right.

ABQ

I don't think the connection between Aladdin and Morocco is nearly as tenuous as a lot of people try to make it out as being. "Aladdin's Wonderful Lamp" is considered to be part of Islamic and Arab culture. Almost all of the Moroccan people are Muslim, Arab-Berbers. Now whether or not that translates to many Moroccans identifying with the tale I cannot answer, but the Morocco Pavilion has always been noted for the level of involvement from the monarchy. That history of heavy attention being paid to the Pavilion makes me think the characters' presence is not done without consent. The original tale taking place in China or the film taking place in Arabia is irrelevant, and it being relevant would negate most of the argument against Frozen in the Norway Pavilion.
Further, how much of a presence does Aladdin truly have within the Morocco pavilion? A scheduled meet and greet a few times a day with a line that possibly gets 15 minutes long, with 10 minutes of that being grown men gawking at the college girl dressed as Jasmine ? At least from what I've seen. We've already had 5+ hour massive traffic jam waits for Frozen once in Norway, now it's gut out an existing ride + merch location to truly implant Frozen for good within the pavilion probably only named Norway for a little while longer. If Aladdin ripped out the Restaurant Marrakesh and put a genie in the lamp meet and greet plus a carpet ride, then we'd be bitter about that for sure.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
This thread is still going? Huh.

Let me guess. Some still don't like it, others do, they will never change their opinion, and Disney is still building it.

Have I missed any honest-to-goodness news since day 1?

I'm just glad I'll be there on it's last day and able to ride it. Not out of massive love of Maelstrom, but respect for it at least trying to speak of the host country.

Phil12

They are going to build an IKEA out behind the ride. That's almost Norwegian, right? As Norwegian as Aladdin is Moroccan...
Yes, but as part of the IKEA store they are also going to have a counter service food court serving nothing but King Oscar sardines and Freia candy for dessert. Et lite stykke Norge.

images

And the gift shop will sell Woody dolls made from Norwegian wood and authentic bunad clothing.

Last edited:

Lee

Adventurer
Right there's the thing. Why do they have to attack anyone else, at all?
I agree, there is no need to attack another individual.
That individual's belief.....fair game for ridicule.

Maelstrom is kinda not so good + Frozen is based on Norway = Frozen would make a good replacement for Maelstrom.
Case in point. Ridiculous thought process.

Mike S

This thread is still going? Huh.

Let me guess. Some still don't like it, others do, they will never change their opinion, and Disney is still building it.

Have I missed any honest-to-goodness news since day 1?

I'm just glad I'll be there on it's last day and able to ride it. Not out of massive love of Maelstrom, but respect for it at least trying to speak of the host country.
All you missed is news from Lee regarding the budget. $75 mil spread across the ride, store, M&G and possibly food locations. Very cheap when you consider how Disney overblows budgets.

Mrs.Toad

Thanks for the vid.

Thankfully, I did get to go on for my last trip.

This has been circulating for a long time, so the rug wasn't totally pulled under, but….lost in fond thoughts of the opening and how much fun every ride was.

Still sad though…every time an older one goes.

Last edited:

PhilharMagician

i dont care if it fits in or not..its something new and i will miss maelstrom but oh man was something newer needed in its place..

i have had enough trolledumacation for a lifetime
*scandalous post*:eek:

I cannot even make a clear comment about this thought process. It is ridiculous to think that something should be ripped out and replaced with literally anything new because new is better than something old. New is not always better specially in this case.

If you truly feel this way than you will never understand what Epcot is all about. Unfortunately I believe that whoever is making decisions for Epcot is in the same boat and is steering Epcot down the wrong path.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
All you missed is news from Lee regarding the budget. $75 mil spread across the ride, store, M&G and possibly food locations. Very cheap when you consider how Disney overblows budgets.
Thank you. That actually was news that had missed that is real solid information!

And I liked looking back to find that info and finding exchanges like this:
Those should not be the only two choices.
I want an up-to-date theme park that carries through all of its original vision.

Agree, but unfortunately those are the two choices when it comes to WDW presently.

And that's a fight worth fighting.

I like seeing people make points more succinctly and effortlessly than I could ever dream. I need a 5000 word post to say what these quotes say.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom