If I could improve Walt Disney World....

tcool

EDIT: Rafiki's Planet Watch gets retheme to Disney Nature Films

Now Animal Kingdom without removing about 12 attractions:

Animal Kingdom

Dinoland USA:
  • Primeval Whirl is rethemed and size is reduced.
  • Chester & Hester's Dino Rama closes.
  • Dinoland USA is Renamed to the Dinosaur Institute.
Dinosaur Institute:
  • Cretaceous Trails gets a refurbishment to have the statues look more like fossils.
  • DINOSAUR gets reverted back to Countdown to Extinction.
  • Restaurantosaurus (Quick Service) Expands.
Australia:
  • Finding Nemo – The Musical Gets a retheme to look like the Sydney Opera House.
  • Cockatoo Flyers (Chairswing) Opens
  • Outback Trails Opens. Contains Red Kangaroos, Dingos, Platypus, and Wombats
  • Marahute’s Avairy Opens. Will have references to the Rescuers: Down Under, but very few of them.
  • Koala Challenge Opens. (Climbing Area with sky bridges and such) Will have Koalas as well.
  • The Real Tasmanian Devils. A 5 minute film about Tasmanian Devils the exit will have a Tasmanian Devil Exhibit.
  • Kangoroo Bouncers (Mix of Beetle Bounce at Legoland and TOT) Opens.
  • Marsupial Whirl Opens. Primeval Whirl Retheme.
  • Outback Steakhouse (Table Service) Opens. Sponsored by Bloomin' Brands
  • Marahute’s Nest (Counter Service) Opens.
  • Outback Gifts Opens.
capture_by_tcool123-d7tkbk2.png

Color Code:
Mahogany: Australia, Light Gray: The Real Tasmanian Devils, Pale Blue: Koala Challenge, Green: Outback
Neon Green: Marahute's Nest, Beige: Marahute's Aviary, Pink: Marsupial Whril, Golden: Outback Trails, Lavender: Cockatoo Flyers, Purple: Kangaroo Bouncers, Light Brown: Finding Nemo Show, Darkest Green: Trees, Brown: Dinosaur Institute, Black: Restarorsarus, Cyan: Countdown to Extinction Area, Dark Grey: New Paths.

Asia:
  • Yeti gets fixed.
Rafiki’s Planet Watch:
  • Is renamed to Nature Watch.
  • Is rethemed to Disney Nature Films.
Africa:
  • Nothing
Pandora:
  • Under Construction
EDIT: Rafiki's Planet Watch gets retheme to Disney Nature Films

Last edited:

mharrington

Muppet Courtyard:

• Swedish Chef’s Kitchen Opens up
  • Pepe’s Prawn Shop Opens up
  • Muppet Vision has a new entrance, exit, show, queue, and theater. Entrance and Exit will be in the back of the building with the show and theater being where the entrance was.
  • New Muppet Flat Ride Opens up.
  • Muppet’s Mobile Lab Opens up.

No Great Muppet Movie Ride?

mharrington

Here's the updated, complete list of attractions at Epcot:

FUTURE WORLD
  1. Spaceship Earth, presented by Siemens
  2. Innoventions (with a new One Man's Dream exhibit and possibly another on the earth)
  3. The Living Seas, presented by National Geographic?
  4. Living With the Land (at The Land, presented by Dreyers)
  5. Cuisine Cabaret (at The Land)
  6. Soarin' Over Florida (at The Land)
  7. Journey Into Imagination: The Quest For Dreamfinder (at Imagination!, presented by Nikon)
  8. Image Works (at Imagination!)
  9. Magic Journeys (at Imagination!)
  10. The Art of Imagineering (at Imagination!)
  11. Test Track, presented by Chevrolet
  12. Mission: Space, presented by HP
  13. New Horizons, presented by Google
  14. Universe of Energy, presented by SolarCity
WORLD SHOWCASE
  1. Gran Fiesta Tour With the Three Caballeros (a possible rename) (at Mexico)
  2. A Frozen overlay of Maelstrom likely coming (at Norway)
  3. Reflections of China (at China)
  4. Der Abenteuer von Grimms Märchen (at Germany)
  5. Impressioni dell'Italia (at Italy)
  6. The American Adventure
  7. King Rodanera Attacks! (at Japan)
  8. Impressions de France (at France)
  9. O Canada (at Canada)
Pretty good, don't you think?

tcool

mharrington

Will check it out.. I feel like I have though...

Well, I haven't updated that since Monday, and in all honesty, I would like some feedback on my updates on Pirates. I've also got some plans for the Rivers of America and even for the Country Bears.

tcool

So here's the rest of the AK Expansion/Fix Up I have in mind.

Nature Watch:

• All current attractions get a more earthy exterior retheme to match the Disneynature retheme.
  • Habitat o Habitat is no longer considered an attraction.
  • A new Theater is built on the canal area. Will have a show that lasts 15 minutes about the topic covered in their most recent film. The current film will be called Bears!. Next Year’s film will be called Monkey’s Kingdom. The exit will have an area for M&G based on the animal/animals/environment they talked about. For Bears! It will be Koda and Kenai. For Monkey’s Kingdom it will be Rafiki and Abu.
  • New animals are brought in to replace the South American ones.

Amazon & Beyond:

• All current animals of South America and brought here or sent somewhere else.
  • Bird Cruise Opens. A boat with real life birds with very few cages involved, and that goes through an aviary to keep the birds in. All birds of South America currently in the Park will be moved here and will be replaced by different birds. Notable birds will include Scarlet Macaws, Harpie Eagles (Caged), and so much more! The Aviary will be made of glass strong enough to survive some Hurricanes. The boats will have no cover and the ride will start outside of the Aviary. So no bird poop hopefully. There will be an AA of Kevin from Up as well before entering the Aviary. Throughout the queue there would be prints of the skeletal structure of some birds, skeletons, feathers, and other bird related items.
  • Aventura Trails Opens. Will feature Sloths, Giant River Otters, Jaguars, Capybaras, Speckled Bears, and Giant Ant Eaters (will be moved here).
  • Spice of the Jungle (Table and Quick Service) Opens
  • Bat Gliders (Indoor Flying Coaster) Opens
  • Dense Jungle Opens. Will feature Kinkajous, Bats, and Caiman.
  • Gondola to Andes and Back Opens
  • The Mountain Trail Opens. Features Llamas, Mountain Tapirs, and Andean Condors.
  • Condor Point (store) Opens
  • Mountain Journey (Wooden Coaster) Opens
  • Llama Inn (Quick Service) Opens
  • Village Gifts Opens
  • Carl Fredickson’s House is built here and will host the new Up M&G.
  • Legend of Paradise Falls (Simulator Opens)
capture_by_tcool123-d7u6xf1.png

The Oasis :
  • New animals are brought in to replace the South American ones.
  • A new Moanna Meet'n'Greet that will promote the upcoming film, and will be held in the current UP M&G Area. The new name will The Exotic Trails.
The problem is I'm pretty some of the area I used is protected.

mharrington

I'm sure I've brought this up before, but just in case, I'm going to break One Man's Dream into four individual components and spread them to the four parks.

In the Magic Kingdom, the Main Street Cinema is now home to OMD: Theme Parks, about the history of Disney theme parks, but especially Disneyland.

In Epcot, one of the Innoventions buildings is home to OMD: E.P.C.O.T., about Walt's original vision of the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow and how it evolved into the theme park of today.

At the Studios, probably on Sunset Blvd., there is OMD: Entertainment King, about Walt as filmmaker and producer, both in films and TV.

And at the Animal Kingdom, there is (at a spot yet to be determined) OMD: Animals and Nature, about Walt's love of nature, such as in the True-Live Adventures series of films.

What do you think?

mharrington

I forgot to mention something else...

What about a family with a 2 year old, 5 year old, 8 year old and 17 year old. The 2 and 5 year olds will probably have a lot of fun on most of the attractions at MK (Space Mountain being the only thing the 5 year old can't do... the coasters, Speedway, Splash and Stitch being the things the 2 yr old can't do). The 8 year old will enjoy MK, but might want something a wee bit more thrilling (they may prefer re-riding Big Thunder or Space to Pooh or Dumbo).

But the 17 year old (especially if they're not a hardcore Disney fan) is going to be relatively bored out of their mind. They'll love the three Mountains and have fun on POTC and HM, maybe even laugh at a couple of the bad jokes on Jungle Cruise... but other than that, what do they do? Most of Fantasyland is for the under 7 set (with preschoolers likely to get the most enjoyment out of it) - young children aren't the only ones who love the Disney classics. Plenty of adults would love to see Bald Mountain from Fantasia, a place for the Disney villains, something Nightmare Before Christmas related, etc. Fantasy isn't just a toddler thing (LOTR, HP, Narnia, Game of Thrones, HTTYD, Legend of Zelda, Greek mythology, etc)

[...]

I don't hate families or the all-ages nature of MK, but the park could definitely use a little more variety. Similar to how Universal could use some more family rides, Disney could use some more thrill rides... not unthemed Six Flags thrill machines, mind you. But attractions where the story couldn't be told using an Omnimover. Where KUKA arms and high speed launches are necessary to bring the adventure to life. Certain stories wouldn't work with a slow moving ride system.

75% family, 25% thrill would be about perfect since you wouldn't alienate any particular demo, the park could still maintain its family-friendly reputation, and the thrill rides could bring new sorts of stories/ride systems into MK's arsenals.

Just so you know, on one of my trips to WDW, I was 17, and I was never bored out of my mind with anything to do. On the contrary, I wanted to do almost EVERYTHING, not JUST the mountains, Pirates and the Mansion. I had fun. I had lots of fun. The thought of not having enough to do never entered my mind. In fact, the bigger problem I had was that there was too much to do.

DSquared

Happy 10th Anniversary to the longest running Imagineering thread ever! Some amazing ideas were created here along with beautiful art. To all those who contributed to this thread first started by @stitchcastle , thank you for not only keeping this thread going, but for helping build a fantastic foundation for this community.
Do we know what happened to SC?

Sam Magic

Do we know what happened to SC?
He's still active from time to time, his last visit was earlier this month. I suspect that he simply has a more involved life and obligations now that keep him from participating as he used to. The good thing though is that he left a great legacy of amazing work behind which we can all enjoy.

Especially the attractions he designed that were actually built, namely the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor and the American Idol Experience.

mharrington

Going back to the Magic Kingdom, I had the idea for a revival of Toontown, which will receive a different name and a different look to it. It will go out over here on this map, up in the northwestern corner beyond Frontierland (where it says "The Great Western Stagecoach Adventure"):
MK%2BPark%2BPlan.png

The only question is, how can it be reached without compromising the river too much?

The alternative would be in this spot right here, where it says "Utilidor Entrance":
untitled-jpg.86229

It would replace the Pinocchio Village Haus (which will be relocated), and it would go inside a giant fire-resistant building to protect from firework fallout. Of course, that would necessitate a relocation of the Utilidor entrance, which I don't think has ever changed spots in all its 40-some-odd years there.

Last edited:

TheKarnivalKid

Even though your first proposed location for a new Toontown gives you more space, I think the second location (the one north of Fantasyland) is a better choice. I just think it;s an easier transition from animated movies to cartoon characters than it is from the wild west to cartoons. My one small change is I think it would be a hassle to relocate the Utilidor Entrance so I would have the entrance located where the bathrooms in the Beauty and the Beast area are. Though this location is smaller than the Frontierland one, it still gives you a plot of land over two times larger than Disneyland's Toontown.

mharrington

Even though your first proposed location for a new Toontown gives you more space, I think the second location (the one north of Fantasyland) is a better choice. I just think it;s an easier transition from animated movies to cartoon characters than it is from the wild west to cartoons. My one small change is I think it would be a hassle to relocate the Utilidor Entrance so I would have the entrance located where the bathrooms in the Beauty and the Beast area are. Though this location is smaller than the Frontierland one, it still gives you a plot of land over two times larger than Disneyland's Toontown.

Unfortunately, however, it's also right in the midst of the fireworks fallout area, and I don't think it's a good idea for it to be placed over there. I have no idea how they're going to do the Star Wars land in Disneyland without the fireworks there to contend with. I'm not very good at inventing solutions to problems. They just might surprise me in terms of Star Wars, but I'm thinking of probably downplaying the whole land at the Magic Kingdom and doing a dark ride instead - that elusive Mickey cartoons-themed dark ride back there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom