All Star Sports room requests?

hrmom26

i am staying for the first time in october , by looking at the resort map i requested the football buildings they are close to the busses and main hall.

Tinkerfan4ever

Here is a suggestion.... when we stayed at Movies and didn't get a preferred room, we requested a room location that was closest to All Star Music. We were actually closer to the Music cafeteria and bus pickups than we were to the Movies ones. (We were in the Mighty Ducks section at Movies) This came in handy as at closing time (when they don't share buses) we would see which had a shorter line and hop on that bus. We often hopped on the Music bus and just walked to our room at Movies. If you are interested in doing the same thing, it looks like the Home run rooms (bldg 8/9) would be closest to Music, even though they are further away from the main buildings at Sports. Hope this makes sense! :)

James C

I've stayed at all three All Stars and I am staying there again for the weekend in October. I agree with the comments above. You can easily jump from Sports to Music or Music to Movies or Sports depending where you are. The only advice I would give is the bottom floor can get loud with kids running by, especially if your room faces the courtyard.

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
When you say that you didn't get a preferred room, is this something you paid extra for and didn't get? When I stay at the All Star Sports I pay extra to stay in a preferred room. No matter how booked the hotel is, I got a room in the surfboards buildings.
via the agent we were not given the perferred room option

PolynesianPrincess

We requested Touchdown the last 2 times we stayed at Sports and got our request honored. I think some of the Touchdown rooms are even closer to the main building than some of the perferred rooms. Last May it took us 2-2 1/2 minutes to get from our room to the food court. The fall before it took us 2 1/2 to 3 and our room was on the backside of the building. Definitely the best section IMO. But I do recommend requesting that your room NOT be facing the football field. We heard a lot more noise when our room was right off the field.

PolynesianPrincess

Here is a suggestion.... when we stayed at Movies and didn't get a preferred room, we requested a room location that was closest to All Star Music. We were actually closer to the Music cafeteria and bus pickups than we were to the Movies ones. (We were in the Mighty Ducks section at Movies) This came in handy as at closing time (when they don't share buses) we would see which had a shorter line and hop on that bus. We often hopped on the Music bus and just walked to our room at Movies. If you are interested in doing the same thing, it looks like the Home run rooms (bldg 8/9) would be closest to Music, even though they are further away from the main buildings at Sports. Hope this makes sense! :)

Music and Movies are much closer together than Sports and Music are. If the OP was in the Hone Run section, I think it would still be easier to go to the Sports main building than the Music main building. Looks a lot easier to do between Music and Movies though.

belledream

Just got back from Sports. Touchdown for sure - stayed in that building a few years ago and it was the most convenient walk to the bus stops - we hardly ever went to the lobby.

But you never know. We paid for standard and requested Hoops Hotel (purely for the theme) this year and we were given Surfs Up. Depends on availability I suppose.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom