2014 Epcot Food and Wine Festival

WinstonFl

I've been looking at the pictures posted today of the food pricing and while the food looks the same pricing...I noticed that the beer pricing only lists the smallest size, where in previous years it was shown with 3 sizes. Have they decided just to serve one size to cut back on the booze consumption?

Clamman73

I've been looking at the pictures posted today of the food pricing and while the food looks the same pricing...the beer prices are in the $3.00 - $4.00 range as opposed to $6.00 - $8.00 like last year... Have they decided to cut the beer portions in half this year?
Veggie Haggis went from $3.25 last year to $3.75 this year. Some others went up .25, some stayed the same. Interesting what they're doing about the beers though. Pretty much all 6oz servings. I don't know if they're trying to reduce the drunkytown action, or get people to cough up another $3.50 for a second when I believe the 12oz was $6.75 last year.

CaptainShortty

Dumb question....the photos show booths open with cast working them...was that just training today?

Today was the soft opening. All the marketplaces were open as well as craft beers. Festival center was not open. It gives all the CMs a chance to test things out without it actually being on opening day. Gives everyone the opportunity to close things down and make adjustments should they be needed.

TheRabbit

Today was the soft opening. All the marketplaces were open as well as craft beers. Festival center was not open. It gives all the CMs a chance to test things out without it actually being on opening day. Gives everyone the opportunity to close things down and make adjustments should they be needed.
Thanks. I figured something like that. Drove by and the lot was more full than normal. Oh well, the real deal starts tomorrow.

javy2004

While I still want to check it out this year, I feel not quite as excited about the menus as I was for F and W last year or F and G earlier this year. I should be bringing my parents with me for their first trip to EPCOT since the ill advised time they took me and my 2 younger siblings (7, 5, and 2 at the time) there expecting a whole bunch of rides like MK... this was back in '92. They will love it this time :)

Bolt

Veggie Haggis went from $3.25 last year to $3.75 this year. Some others went up .25, some stayed the same. Interesting what they're doing about the beers though. Pretty much all 6oz servings. I don't know if they're trying to reduce the drunkytown action, or get people to cough up another $3.50 for a second when I believe the 12oz was $6.75 last year.
I doubt it's about money making as I hate waiting in lines. I have a feeling it's a consumption issue.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Controversial opinion time. I think @jakeman may agree with me.

I prefer the 6oz pours. Don't really care about the extra .25-.50 cents per ounce. There are so many beers/wines that I'd like to try without winding up peeing on a Mickey Mouse shrubbery and passing out under a moderately themed bench.

Give me the smaller pours, and let me experience more "culture" please.

jakeman

Controversial opinion time. I think @jakeman may agree with me.

I prefer the 6oz pours. Don't really care about the extra .25-.50 cents per ounce. There are so many beers/wines that I'd like to try without winding up peeing on a Mickey Mouse shrubbery and passing out under a moderately themed bench.

Give me the smaller pours, and let me experience more "culture" please.
I agree 100%. Price per ounce doesn't bother me (especially when other places are $14 for a beer).

I'm there to taste as much different food and drink as many different beverages as possible. The smaller pours allow me to do that.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I agree 100%. Price per ounce doesn't bother me (especially when other places are $14 for a beer).

I'm there to taste as much different food and drink as many different beverages as possible. The smaller pours allow me to do that.

Indeed. I can remember vividly a few times slamming back the last 3-4 ounces of a 12 ounce pour, just so I could try the next bit of "culture." Probably why I yelled at old lady, and knocked over all those strollers.

Dads 2 Boys

I've been looking at the pictures posted today of the food pricing and while the food looks the same pricing...I noticed that the beer pricing only lists the smallest size, where in previous years it was shown with 3 sizes. Have they decided just to serve one size to cut back on the booze consumption?

Wouldn't be a bad idea....at all.

Rob562

Though nothing was stopping you from buying the 6-ounce pours instead of the 12-ounce ones in the past...

-Rob

jakeman

Though nothing was stopping you from buying the 6-ounce pours instead of the 12-ounce ones in the past...

-Rob
I'm not going to check, but I think I do remember at least some of the Sam's were full pours because they came from bottles. This may have extended out to other beers also.

PrincessNelly_NJ

if you are a chase card member you can go into the chase lounge. Previous years they handed out a certain number of wristbands for the firework show and a preferred viewing area.
Wow. Never heard that. I wonder if they will do it again this year now that they charge for the dessert party and offer fast pass plus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom