Dining Schedule-Losing My Sanity

Melindalou7

Original Poster
Would LOVE some input on when to visit our preferred restaurants for a visit to WDW Feb 2-7, 2015. Normally, I'm pretty good at planning but having to plan our every move to the nth degree is starting to unravel me! Basic info: 2 adults, no kids, not on the Disney Dining Plan, staying at the Wilderness Lodge, relying on Disney Transportation, have park hopper option. The restaurants we prefer don't appear to be any that are heavily sought after for ADR's but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Our agenda looks like this:

2/2-arrive at WDW
2/3-Hollywood Studios day, hopping to Epcot or Boardwalk area for dinner so we can catch Fantasmic without having to eat dinner at 3pm
2/4-Magic Kingdom day, but not staying late enough for fireworks
2/5-Epcot day, with possible use of EMH at Magic Kingdom in the morning
2/6-Animal Kingdom day, hopping somewhere for dinner, then Epcot for EMH if we're not already there for dinner
2/7-Open, though we want to go to Magic Kingdom at night for EMH and fireworks

The restaurants we want:
-Beaches & Cream on the Boardwalk
-Via Napoli in Epcot
-Hollywood Brown Derby at Hollywood Studios
-Raglan Road at Downtown Disney
-Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge
-ESPN Club at Downtown Disney

We've already booked the Sci-Fi Diner for lunch on 2/3 since we'll be in the park that day and my husband wants to check it out. We would do the Brown Derby for dinner, but it's impossible to do w/Fantasmic's only showing at 7 and the final ADR at 7 at the Brown Derby. With the exception of that reservation, we'd like to keep lunch flexible and do the ADR's for dinner, if possible.

I'm not a WDW newbie, but my last visit was in 2002 before the whole ADR thing really existed. Any advice those of you with more experience can offer regarding the most efficient, easy way to eat where we want that'll work with our agenda and relying on Disney transportation would be so very much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

stevehousse

Your ADRs do sound good and I don't think you will have a problem getting those. Beaches and cream, the good times anyways, do full up a little fast so i would book that first!

seafoodbuffet

The only feedback I'd give you is that you might consider ADR's for something other than the dinner meal. We used to strictly be a dinner ADR sort of family (esp when on the Dining plan). Then we discovered how great it was to eat at Tusker House for Breakfast, or some of the other popular spots for lunch.

Unless you're super-attached to eating at Brown Derby for dinner for example, you could do lunch. Or Via Napoli, the pizzas are still pretty good at lunch time ;-)

stevehousse

How about FP for fantasmic that way you can eat later than 3:00?
Don't waste the FP on Fantasmic. There is no guranteed seating for it! You can get a FP, but can still end up in the standin room only section! The only way to gurantee a seat is to either get there really early still or do the dining package...

PrincessNelly_NJ

you would be surprised how popular Beaches & Cream and Via Napoli are.

Honestly I would just book the HBD for the fantasmic lunch package and do an early dinner at Sci fi.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom