Collecting MagicBands from resort - what time?

LeeA

Original Poster
Hi

We are staying at Pop Century next week, we really cannot wait as it's our first time staying at a WDW resort. Hopefully the first of many!

I know that we cannot check in until the afternoon but I wanted to know if we could arrive early to collect our MagicBands? Is this possible or would we need to wait until check-in time?

Also, would charging privileges work on the MagicBand if we haven't checked in?

Many thanks for any help!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You can check in at any time and receive your bands. Your room may not be ready until the afternoon. The 3 pm (or 4 pm) check in time is when rooms are available for guests.

LeeA

Original Poster
You can check in at any time and receive your bands. Your room may not be ready until the afternoon. The 3 pm (or 4 pm) check in time is when rooms are available for guests.

Great, thanks. Do you know if we will be able to use them to charge to our room as well at that point?

CAPTAIN HOOK

Great, thanks. Do you know if we will be able to use them to charge to our room as well at that point?
By the day of your arrival, the system should have your allocated room number stored within it. So I'd say yes you can charge things if you arrive early (but check with reception staff to confirm and make sure that you have a cc listed on your account)

Polydweller

By the day of your arrival, the system should have your allocated room number stored within it. So I'd say yes you can charge things if you arrive early (but check with reception staff to confirm and make sure that you have a cc listed on your account)
Nope, you have to physically checkin. In the hotel business that's the moment all of the financial aspects start. You can't do anything like charging until the hotel has started the accounting process at checkin.

Rob562

Also, the earliest that Disney will guarantee that their systems will be ready for you to "pre-register" (Disney's term for checking in when you room isn't available yet) is 7am.

-Rob

LeeA

Original Poster
Thanks. I think we will arrive about 8am. It's a shame we won't be able to use the MagicBands for charging to our room in the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom