RSR's Transport Designs

RadiatorSpringsRacer

Original Poster
I did some paint scheme designs for Disney transport vehicles in GIMP a while back, and I figured this subforum would be the best place to put these. Enjoy!

First up, here's a monorail. Thanks to nace888 (who I waited on permission from to post this) for the drawing I used to create the template for this.

Pyga6d8.png

The first version of this bus I did had blue accents instead of red, and the "Transport" text was less classy. Said text contains a callback to a certain Disney something; who knows what it is?

Thanks to belldandy1 on deviantART for the template and Yes If Productions for the Tree of Life .png.

This next bus has the same general design as the monorail. I did it in a bunch of colors; which one(s) do you prefer?

Last edited:

Voxel

President of Progress City
I did some paint scheme designs for Disney transport vehicles in GIMP a while back, and I figured this subforum would be the best place to put these. Enjoy!

First up, here's a monorail. Thanks to nace888 (who I waited on permission from to post this) for the drawing I used to create the template for this.

The first version of this bus I did had blue accents instead of red, and the "Transport" text was less classy. Said text contains a callback to a certain Disney something; who knows what it is?

Thanks to belldandy1 on deviantART for the template and Yes If Productions for the Tree of Life .png.

This next bus has the same general design as the monorail. I did it in a bunch of colors; which one(s) do you prefer?

I actually wish they would use colors to designate bus lines.

RadiatorSpringsRacer

Original Poster
Double post, but here's the preliminary prototype, if you will, for that next design. I wanted to capture the idea that WDW is the place where imagination comes to life in so many colorful ways, and naturally the first motif that came to mind was paint. Again, the Epic Mickey series inspired me a bit.

I was thinking of doing the other ones either A) in random colors like the last bus or B) with color schemes that each subtlely homage something different (characters, rides, people integral to the history of the company, not sure yet...). What should I go with?

Monorail:
rJaxWpF.png

Bus:
mDoeRGM.png

By the way, thanks to AbsurdWordPreferred of DeviantArt and ipadwallpaperhd.com for the paint-splash .png files I used.

Last edited:

nace888

Double post, but here's the preliminary prototype, if you will, for that next design. I wanted to capture the idea that WDW is the place where imagination comes to life in so many colorful ways, and naturally the first motif that came to mind was paint. Again, the Epic Mickey series inspired me a bit.

I was thinking of doing the other ones either A) in random colors like the last bus or B) with color schemes that each subtlely homage something different (characters, rides, people integral to the history of the company, not sure yet...). What should I go with?

Monorail:
rJaxWpF.png

Bus:
mDoeRGM.png

By the way, thanks to AbsurdWordPreferred of DeviantArt and ipadwallpaperhd.com for the paint-splash .png files I used.
Ouuuuu!! It's hard to say though, as different things look good! For the Monorails, a specific color might look cool for each train... as for the buses, homages to characters might be cool!

nace888

Double post, but here's the preliminary prototype, if you will, for that next design. I wanted to capture the idea that WDW is the place where imagination comes to life in so many colorfulI ways, and naturally the first motif that came to mind was paint. Again, the Epic Mickey series inspired me a bit.

Monorail:
rJaxWpF.png

Bus:
mDoeRGM.png

I wanted to say that an idea you could go with (as I said) was for each train to have their individual colors... I'm not sure about a blue train though... maybe go with white or grey, and have the splashes at the end of each train, and "in between" the cars. I quite like the text on the train, and I feel it should be on either end of the train, on both sides. As for the text though, maybe do that in black. :D I am lovin the stuff you've got goin on!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom