Adds..orr something.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
For some reason, when I got on this morning, my page on the forum is suddenly overloaded with adds, much more than any time in the past. It is just on this site though. Is there something weird or is it just my computer acting up again?

mikeh

If you're using Chrome with AdBlock, AdBlock was disabled for some reason in the most recent update for me.

mikeh

Just a note on Adblock. The site you are using is made possible by advertising revenue. No ads means no site.

Using Adblock disrupts the ability for websites to receive funding required for operation.

Agreed! It may be good to use on other sites, but not for a site like this with great content! Just trying to offer an explanation to OP.

If you must use it, add an exception for this domain.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Yeah, never mind. come to the conclusion that it is my computer. I'm not quite sure how to stop these pop up adds though. It is google chrome.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
This might explain what you were seeing with all of those ads:

"Last night, researchers at Malwarebytes noticed strange behavior on sites like Last.fm, The Times of Israel and The Jerusalem Post. Ads on the sites were being unusually aggressive, setting off anti-virus warnings and raising flags in a number of Malwarebytes systems. After some digging, researcher Jerome Segura realized the problem was coming from Google's DoubleClick ad servers and the popular Zedo ad agency. Together, they were serving up malicious ads designed to spread the recently identified Zemot malware. A Google representative has confirmed the breach, saying "our team is aware of this and has taken steps to shut this down.""

msteel

Just a note on Adblock. The site you are using is made possible by advertising revenue. No ads means no site.

Using Adblock disrupts the ability for websites to receive funding required for operation.

On that note, what (if any) control over ads does the site have? If I find ads offensive is there any built-in way to communicate that to the ad providers?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
On that note, what (if any) control over ads does the site have? If I find ads offensive is there any built-in way to communicate that to the ad providers?
We have two sources of ads, Google Adsense and direct with advertisers. We have 100% control over the ads that are displayed directly. With Adsense, Google has ultimate control over that, and we rely on their filtering of those ads to meet their standards. Their standards are extremely high however, so it is rare to get any issues with Adsense quality.

Clamman73

One thing I notice now on my iPad, is that there are ads in between posts, not just top and bottom. Has it always been like that and I haven't noticed?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom